I just had my tail removed......

This thread brings back painful memories. Almost four years since my cyst was removed, worst recovery ever. Nothing like a 5 inch cut right above your ass crack taking 4 weeks to heal.

this shit is fucking nasty. i feel sorry for you people with tails and no nuts hahaha.

TW is alll fugged up...

I had a pilonidal cyst removed too... in October. My surgeon seemed to think the best way to let it heal was "the good ol' fashioned way," i.e. no stitches. Just a gauze pack. Ugh, while he may be the doctor -- here it is, over 6 months later and it still hasn't completely healed back. It's kinda like if you cut the lowest point in between two fingers... getting that sucker to heal back on its own is a feat and a half because you use that area all the time.

It's mostly healed, and I'm WAY better off than before (not even a question), but still wish it would completely heal. :(

BTW www.pilonidal.org is a great resource for folks who might think they've got somethin' growin' on down there, or just want to find more out about the tail. :browsmile

sLoGg said:
lol this thread was and is fucked up

... i just checked my back to make sure i didnt have one lol
If you checked your back, keep checkin'. It's right where your tailbone ends, basically, where your crack starts.

According to the doctor and much literature, this is actually something that starts at birth, or rather, doesn't finish at birth. On some babies this area of the body doesn't form properly and becomes a problem later on. It is often called Jeep Rider's disease (because it was mistakenly associated with military personnel riding in Jeeps... don't ask me) but I don't think there's any evidence supporting that. Truth is, I think they're still finding out all the facts on this weird skin disorder or whatever you want to call it.

(XN)Wraith said:
And just remember folks, epididymitis is one of the most common infections in males between 18-25. :D
:sick: :scared: ... wtf was i thinking reading this stupid 2 year old thread :/

k im drunk and made it to page 5, and now im afraid i wont be able to sleep. YOU CAN GET UR TESTICLES WOUND UP DRYING OFF? WTFFFF

Afterimage said:
It's mostly healed, and I'm WAY better off than before (not even a question), but still wish it would completely heal. :(

It may never completly heal depending upon the way the surgery was done. Done the old fashioned way and stitched together my surgeon has patients that have been the way that you probably are for more than 10 years. Theres a new surgery that they're doing to make it heal completly they just want to fully test it before making it standard procedure. I got it and I'm the first person in the greater Seattle area to have the procedure done. From what I understand they move skin around back there moving the incision from right on the crack where it can't heal to just off the crack where it heals really fast. Afte the surgery mine healed completlyin about 3 weeks. Seems like it can't go wrong to me, moving skin is pretty simple for a good surgeon. Ask your's about this thing and see if he knows about it and if it's a good idea for you.

Mine is fully healed, but it took a while. Sometimes it gets numb again when I'm sitting too long, but otherwise its fine.

It is still one of the most painful and disgusting things I ever had to endure.

Back