Reload this Page Katrina's Hidden Race War
Page 1 of 9
Joft
VeteranX
Old
1 - 12-21-2008, 01:35
Katrina's Hidden Race War

Quote:
Over the course of an eighteen-month investigation, I tracked down figures on all sides of the gunfire, speaking with the shooters of Algiers Point, gunshot survivors and those who witnessed the bloodshed. I interviewed police officers, forensic pathologists, firefighters, historians, medical doctors and private citizens, and studied more than 800 autopsies and piles of state death records. What emerged was a disturbing picture of New Orleans in the days after the storm, when the city fractured along racial fault lines as its government collapsed.

Herrington, Collins and Alexander's experience fits into a broader pattern of violence in which, evidence indicates, at least eleven people were shot. In each case the targets were African-American men, while the shooters, it appears, were all white.

Immediately after the storm, the media portrayed African-Americans as looters and thugs--Mayor Ray Nagin, for example, told Oprah Winfrey that "hundreds of gang members" were marauding through the Superdome. Now it's clear that some of the most serious crimes committed during that time were the work of gun-toting white males.

So far, their crimes have gone unpunished. No one was ever arrested for shooting Herrington, Alexander and Collins--in fact, there was never an investigation. I found this story repeated over and over during my days in New Orleans. As a reporter who has spent more than a decade covering crime, I was startled to meet so many people with so much detailed information about potentially serious offenses, none of whom had ever been interviewed by police detectives.
Here's a video for those of you who lack the attention span to read:

Basically the national guard used this insular little predominantly white neighborhood as a drop off point for storm refugees from New Orleans, and the local townsfolk form a militia and shot at black people after they were dropped off.

Nobody paid any attention because the big story was "opportunistic ******s looting in wake of catastrophe!"

Please read the article before posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWza8-BFIs

Last edited by Joft; 12-21-2008 at 17:07..
Sponsored Links
uno
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 12-21-2008, 01:38
ofn, we knew about this when it happened

running ******s over and ****. i do recall a prominent tw member breaking the story

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395480

DrSupey
Custom title by
Rayn
Old
3 - 12-21-2008, 01:44
Hay

Does anyone know the way to the North Pole?

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 12-21-2008, 01:46
Ask Confidential, he was THERE man... he saw some ****!

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-21-2008, 01:46
Umm, can't white people be in gangs too? I feel like this article is racist in assuming that gang members are black.

I'm talking more in reference to the quote in bold that is cited by the article.

Meat
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 12-21-2008, 01:54
yeah but they are called militias, policemen, teachers, lawyers, politicians, etc... instead of gangs.

Ascoe
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 12-21-2008, 04:13
Tribalwar had live reports from code4

cael
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 12-21-2008, 05:13

Afterimage
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 12-21-2008, 06:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
My Journey Thru Hell by Code4 - TribalWar Forums
Thanks for that, I never did read it. Good ****. Well, scary and sad ****, but good reading. Kinda can't believe he shot a guy just for taking a TV, what the ****, is it THAT important? It's like

a) Taking a TV isn't that important so don't do it and
b) Someone taking a TV isn't that important so don't shoot him

Wacky. Reminds me of Fallout 3 somehow.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 12-21-2008, 06:13
That article was written by a ****ing idiot, with no concept whatsoever of just how ****ed up a place New Orleans was before a hurricane sent it into anarchy.

There were ******s in New Orleans. Bona fide, card carrying, certified ******s, and they were everywhere. Up until Katrina the police department and general society managed to keep them at bay, but the nanosecond lawlessness came about, the ******s came crawling out of the woodwork like it was party time at Mardi Gras. I'm talking the kind of people who wouldn't think twice about walking into your living room and demanding your food and your liquor. The kind who actually would loot a television to take back to a project apartment that no longer had electricity.

Even before Katrina the cops turned a blind eye to white-on-black murders, simply because that was how "law" was enforced - through fear and through instilling in ******s the concept that no, the cops aren't on your side, and you're a subhuman piece of **** that they don't even care about if you died.

Taking normal outside-New-Orleans sensibilities and holding New Orleans to that standard is ridiculous on the part of that author, cuz New Orleans wasn't like any other place in the United States even before the hurricane hit it. Fear ruled New Orleans. Period. Fear kept ******s in line.

And typically... all the author talks about are people that were assaulted who perhaps weren't the stereotypical New Orleans ****** and might actually have been normal people, but he completely ignores the fact that during a time of anarchy, the ******s that blighted the city on a regular day were coming out of the woodwork without any fears of repercussion, and otherwise normal and sensible people were shooting first and asking questions later.

**** 'em. Any sensible person would have done the same thing, cuz those people were ****ing animals.

Last edited by SuicideTaxi; 12-21-2008 at 06:18..
Breyer
VeteranX
Old
11 - 12-21-2008, 06:25
SuicideTaxi! I am shocked!

Uncle Slappy
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 12-21-2008, 06:28
Holy **** Code4 lives in the exact city cited in the article. I didn't realize this as I read this article a couple of days ago. I wonder if Code4 is one of the people in the article, or if he knows any of the people.

Smurf
VeteranX
Old
13 - 12-21-2008, 09:49
Sorry, it wasn't racist things going on. The ******s were the one's SHOOTING at rescue helicopters. The reason there were so many whites shooting blacks was because the majority of the whites who stayed were the ones whom never left for any other storm. I didnt want to leave eaither. Most poor blacks did not leave and then thoes were the same ones who started looting and shooting.

If I had stayed and saw some dumbass ****** going into my neighbor's house you would be damned sure I would shoot them. One of my co-workers stayed and was defending his property when he saw a huge group of people walking down the street, all or most carrying weapons, going inside EACH home. He heard the gunfire from the group, and knew that if he stayed his life was over, period. He had to flee from his home. He gets back and everything was stolen, there were bodies in neighbor's homes.

You also didnt really hear about the 12 year old white girl in the freezer of the superdome. She was raped and then had her neck cut open. No, it was the ******s doing the crimes, and the white's doing the shooting for a reason.

Yes the city if a VERY racist city, but the racism works in favor of the blacks. On every chance a black gets, they scream the white man is being racist. White's are severley outnumbered in New Orleans. Now there is the rare educated black in New Orleans, and if you ever have a chance to sit down and have a discussion with them, most are ashamed of their black brethren and their actions.

*edit* Just read Code4's thread. Very accurate and very true. If that article is 100% all true, then good for him. In a few cases if he had not blew off a few rounds, he would definatley be dead. The trash that was crawling the streets only feared the police, and the police were VERY busy.

Last edited by Smurf; 12-21-2008 at 09:58..
Travace
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 12-21-2008, 10:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joft View Post
Katrina's Hidden Race War

Basically the national guard used this insular little predominantly white neighborhood as a drop off point for storm refugees from New Orleans, and the local townsfolk form a militia and shot at black people after they were dropped off.

Nobody paid any attention because the big story was "opportunistic ******s looting in wake of catastrophe!"
you are ****ing retarded if that's what you think is going on.

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 12-21-2008, 10:05
this thread is going places

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
16 - 12-21-2008, 10:24
Pretty much the same deal after Andrew. Showering in the fire hydrant, didn't have potable tap water for two weeks and had no power for 6. I had a Glock 19 with Black Talons and I carried it openly for weeks. Our neighborhood was well armed and didn't have any trouble. Naranja for anyone familiar with the area. Letting people get away with looting property invites more of the same and worse. You have to stand your ground.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 12-21-2008, 10:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
That article was written by a ****ing idiot, with no concept whatsoever of just how ****ed up a place New Orleans was before a hurricane sent it into anarchy.

There were ******s in New Orleans. Bona fide, card carrying, certified ******s, and they were everywhere. Up until Katrina the police department and general society managed to keep them at bay, but the nanosecond lawlessness came about, the ******s came crawling out of the woodwork like it was party time at Mardi Gras. I'm talking the kind of people who wouldn't think twice about walking into your living room and demanding your food and your liquor. The kind who actually would loot a television to take back to a project apartment that no longer had electricity.

Even before Katrina the cops turned a blind eye to white-on-black murders, simply because that was how "law" was enforced - through fear and through instilling in ******s the concept that no, the cops aren't on your side, and you're a subhuman piece of **** that they don't even care about if you died.

Taking normal outside-New-Orleans sensibilities and holding New Orleans to that standard is ridiculous on the part of that author, cuz New Orleans wasn't like any other place in the United States even before the hurricane hit it. Fear ruled New Orleans. Period. Fear kept ******s in line.

And typically... all the author talks about are people that were assaulted who perhaps weren't the stereotypical New Orleans ****** and might actually have been normal people, but he completely ignores the fact that during a time of anarchy, the ******s that blighted the city on a regular day were coming out of the woodwork without any fears of repercussion, and otherwise normal and sensible people were shooting first and asking questions later.

**** 'em. Any sensible person would have done the same thing, cuz those people were ****ing animals.

Wow you're ****ed in the head.

LogRoller
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 12-21-2008, 11:04
the code4 legacy continues

Scuzzle
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 12-21-2008, 11:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSupey View Post
Hay

Does anyone know the way to the North Pole?
Second star to the left, straight on til morning.

Morbid
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
20 - 12-21-2008, 11:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
ofn, we knew about this when it happened

running ******s over and ****. i do recall a prominent tw member breaking the story

My Journey Thru Hell by Code4 - TribalWar Forums

Page 1 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Katrina's Hidden Race War

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
shit thread