Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tesla the fake company
Page 1 of 6
arsin
Veteran++
Old
1 - 01-29-2018, 07:39
The Subsidy Engineer in Chief:

Poor fitting suit, hooded eyelids, low T facial hair. Potential love object of Reggs?

A car company that burns through $500million/quarter which equates to $26K/car.

And that's why I'm shorting it. They must fail within 2 years. It is inconceivable that they survive now that production of Model 3 hasn't reach 1000 units/week. It was suppose to be 5000 units.

Let me be the first to say, actually repeat what I've claimed earlier, that Tesla is a fake company one designed for pump and dump and to suck the tit of gov't tax breaks, grants etc. Iirc Tesla has sucked over $4Bn from gov't teat. That's the raison d'etre of the company. That and buying out his brothers failed solar company. lol vertical integration amirite?

I've never shorted a stock before so this will be a learning experience for me. I've got $22K to play with my only question is:

When do I short Tesla stock for? The window is within 2 years, I can't see this fake company surviving any longer.

Also how many neg reps will HK the Jew give me for this thread? I think one for each post I make, so that's a lot of +rep to pass out for you.

Sponsored Links
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 01-29-2018, 07:45
~sheetrock tony layin the foundation~

ajs123
VeteranX
Old
3 - 01-29-2018, 07:52
Tesla has a hx of failing to meet quota and deadlines. This is nothing new.

I rec'd you investigate Elon's Tesla/SpaceX/Solar companies further. Though, I should share what my source is... which is obviously biased. However, it's the hx of failures and success that prompt me to not bet against this man.

‘Elon Musk,’ a Biography by Ashlee Vance, Paints a Driven Portrait - The New York Times

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 01-29-2018, 08:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs123 View Post
Tesla has a hx of failing to meet quota and deadlines. This is nothing new.

I rec'd you investigate Elon's Tesla/SpaceX/Solar companies further. Though, I should share what my source is... which is obviously biased. However, it's the hx of failures and success that prompt me to not bet against this man.

‘Elon Musk,’ a Biography by Ashlee Vance, Paints a Driven Portrait - The New York Times
Quote:
South Australia turns on Tesla's 100MW battery: 'History in the making'
Jay Weatherill marks the official launch as Elon Musk delivers on his promise to complete project within 100 days
yeah, the car production isn't ramping up as fast as they'd anticipated. **** happens. SpaceX is doing amazing things. He's blowing through a lot of money, sure.. and this little bit of silly fluff has the haters crying out about distractions, but meh.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 01-29-2018, 10:35
Oh look communist Tony is risking his capital for a return.... incredible

braski
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-29-2018, 11:05
Arsin I agree with you 100% but it only becomes a short when all the millenials dummies stop dumping money into it. It has great PR and is run like a pump and dump, so just having a fundamental thesis does not make it shortable. Maybe on the 2 year time frame, but there will be plenty of pain for shorts before then. Look into leap put options, but still don't like it yet

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
7 - 01-29-2018, 11:12
the market doesn't care if a company is fake because its not rational.
stocks that are perceived as 'cool' or 'futuristic' are assigned value based on what people will pay for it

people will pay a lot of money to try and be a part of an 'exciting' company.

buffet made a fortune buying boring companies

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 01-29-2018, 11:12
Tesla has a massive head start and huge demand in an emerging market that will entirely replace traditional ICE driven cars. You'll probably have better luck flushing that 20k down the toilet and hoping for more to come back out.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 01-29-2018, 11:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Tesla has a massive head start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQHIWOurFz0

They're extremely late to the party. The also showed up in a cheap ugly dress.

Also, Lithium mining is horrendous.

Last edited by Odio; 01-29-2018 at 11:36..
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-29-2018, 11:37
Yeah you're right all those other car companies already have vast charging networks all over the US

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 01-29-2018, 11:41
Charging networks for batteries that will be illegal in a few years.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 01-29-2018, 11:45
dreamin'

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 01-29-2018, 11:50
Ok

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 01-29-2018, 13:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
I've never shorted a stock before so this will be a learning experience for me. I've got $22K to play with my only question is:

When do I short Tesla stock for? The window is within 2 years, I can't see this fake company surviving any longer.
A half a billion per quarter is chump change for a billionaire like him.

If you decide to short stock in Tesla, know that your potential profit is limited but your potential loss is not. Not sure how much you know about contrarian investing, here is a primer:

You "borrow" x shares in said company, and sell the stock immediately. You must keep a brokerage balance of that same amount as collateral until you pay back the shares. Every day the stock is traded, you must have the new total value in the account at the end of the day. So, if the stock goes up, you have to deposit funds to cover it. I did this with Sunbeam ten or fifteen years ago, buying in at a $0.25 per share and a couple days later it doubled to $0.50 and I had to double the amount I kept on deposit. But it was guaranteed to go down like the Titanic, so I held on. When it finally sank, my entire amount risked became profit.

Perhaps you think it can't possibly last more than two years, but I think it can lose money for ten or fifteen years before he gives up. As an example, USA Today didn't make a profit for well over ten years, and hasn't broke even in it's entire existence.

sent from *magic device* using Tapatalk

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
15 - 01-29-2018, 13:47
also shorting is dumb because of the risk/reward ratio

arsin
Veteran++
Old
16 - 01-29-2018, 14:39
It's a contrarian philosophy which I generally embrace.

T-Dawg I would use savings to cover the put. I'm seeing my financial adviser tomorrow and she'll get me educated in puts and what braski suggested a "leap put."

Iirc Boeing or McD? is developing a space going plane that will oxidize Space X into the rust bin of history. Rocket's and their tendency for xplosions is a concept that's been failing for 50 years. Who the hell would use a rocket when a plane almost guarantees delivery. Musk is no Tony Stark.

Shorting Tesla is so obvious, it's too obvious but I'm a Luddite, I'm completely out of my league. This is just too irrational. Tesla's labor costs are a 100x's GM's, and yet the stock price increases. wtf. I'm not understanding what's going on here, not seeing the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braski View Post
Arsin I agree with you 100% but it only becomes a short when all the millenials dummies stop dumping money into it. It has great PR and is run like a pump and dump, so just having a fundamental thesis does not make it shortable. Maybe on the 2 year time frame, but there will be plenty of pain for shorts before then. Look into leap put options, but still don't like it yet
2 years? I'm asking the wrong questions cause I can't see this charade continuing 6 months, but if Model 3 does reach production goals by then, then what would cause the stock price to crash? After all like Rayn said, people like cool. Buffet made some of his fortune investing in stocks of prestige brands enjoying higher margins. So to does Tesla, its like Apple on wheels.

I should keep to hoeing potatoes cause I don't understand what's going on here.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
17 - 01-29-2018, 14:57
i heard that it's impossible for a laser moving on the back of a plane to hit another moving target.

also, it's impossible to land the first stage of a rocket upright on a tiny barge.

what say you, ellen?

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 01-29-2018, 15:00
Ask Bill Ackman how his Herbalife short is going.

And everyone knows Herbalife is a huge ponzi scheme.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 01-29-2018, 15:31
Sheetrock Tony how come you're not investing in real estate is zero risk and tons of reward apparently

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 01-29-2018, 17:36
my investment strategy is to do the exact opposite of whatever arsin says

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tesla the fake company

Social Website Bullshit