[T1 Release] TRIBES 2015

its nice to release hte movie on reddit at different times because u get to see all the comments of tribes 1 players remembering the game and how shit t2 was etc

This game is so fun and classic. I wish more people tried it out! : gaming

Tribes 1998 : retrogaming

i like the retrogaming angle -- tribe survive due to feel of movement/weaps imo, i even thought of trying to appeal to ppl who like editing maps and just pitch game as a total sandbox for devs.

is strangely addicting to do nothing and ski around :ofn:

nobody that talks about t2 gives 2 fucks about base

i dunno why you're ranting about something that not even t2 players give a shit about

shocklance and elf were still the worst weapons in t2 base btw

Sorry, all your points about gaming balance are invalid, because you suck at chess compared to me.

Seriously?

1.) How many releases of T1 does there need to be? There was lasthope, then Tribes Zero, now this? How many times you gonna beat a dead horse?

2.) "Modernize Tribes" ? No amount of graphics updates is going to account for the fact that there is a quarter second delay between pressing fire and actually firing (lol dat latency) and the fact that the only game people are playing now is LT.

3.) Good luck getting a community together with all dem spergs and trolls. Waste of time.

4.) Fuck this, gimme a pizza.

ThePumpkinKing said:
Anyone looking at Tribes 2 and deeming it "worthy" or "good" is a clueless moron that has no idea how good Tribes ever was, and doesn't realize would it could have become.
T2 classic was good. It's silly to say "how good Tribes ever was" - if a game is good it should stand test of time. IE. I load it up now, it should still be as fun as when it first came out (not taking into account community).

And also, how about if I said T1 was good and T2C was also good? What the fuck you gonna do now?

Last edited:
Seriously?

1.) How many releases of T1 does there need to be? There was lasthope, then Tribes Zero, now this? How many times you gonna beat a dead horse?

2.) "Modernize Tribes" ? No amount of graphics updates is going to account for the fact that there is a quarter second delay between pressing fire and actually firing (lol dat latency) and the fact that the only game people are playing now is LT.

3.) Good luck getting a community together with all dem spergs and trolls. Waste of time.

4.) Fuck this, gimme a pizza.
t1 players don't understand the fundamental design problems of their own game:

1) game is janky af. weapons feel like shit, give poor feedback. improving this is kinda necessary but also changes balance around a lot and compresses skill gap, since you don't need to get as much of a 'feel' for the arbitrary weapon mechanics. nobody is going to play a modern tribes if the weapons feel as bad as they do in t1

2) t1 base is broken and has terrible balance and a lot less content than t2, which is what newbs like

3) t1 lt is almost entirely mechanical skill and there is no way in hell newbs are going to put in the time to learn a game that mechanically demanding. The trend consistently shows gamers moving away from these types of games, not towards

yea man t1 is fukn shit. the weaps are trash weaps. the physics are jank physics maybe u'd like them if u never take a class in physics u idiot

these LT newbs dont get the real thrill of manning ur own vehicle

~mechanical skill oppression~

~digital skill new meta~~~

apparently someone took like 30 pics of the tribes 1 box for some reason

"NO MAN IS AN ISLAND" << jfc t1 some deep marketers

1wPpDKK.jpg

Tribes 1 box Album - Viral Photos and Albums

Back