[PICS] Speaking of doors.

That is going to end up pretty awesome
I wouldn't mind a place on a lake like that

Once you fumigate it to kill the fleas

I can see how this place could look much better once it's spruced up. It's already starting to look better. I'd piss all those little AC's off and get a split system in.
Never heard someone use piss like that before.

p.s. He needs to cover that shit cinder block chimney with some stones or something.

just do brick veneer around the cinder blocks or something
or clap on some siding
anything really

the-doors-e28093-original-henry-diltz-photograph-the-doors-in-1969.jpeg

You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day! Tried to run, tried to hide, break on through to the other side!
break on through to the other side!
break on through to the other side! Yeah!

Only doors worth talking about in this thread.

is that r-1 insulator board instead of a house wrap or in addition to? i dont know if i've seen that here (or i may just miss it when walking rebuilds since i dont go out every day)

Jesus the cost of living in nowhere michigan and compared to a big city and you still live in that shithole

Id have a fucking palace if i lived in michigan lol

Crazy, usually we just do Tyvek without the R1 board. But it doesnt get holy fuck cold here either

What are you sealing the bottom with so that water doesn't get under/behind the insulation and whatever siding you're using?

Edit: realized that question made no sense without finishing it... lol

Last edited:
just do brick veneer around the cinder blocks or something
or clap on some siding
anything really

Never heard someone use piss like that before.

p.s. He needs to cover that shit cinder block chimney with some stones or something.

You should neither veneer it with brick or stone, it just wouldn’t last in Michigan. Water would eventually get between the old and the new, freeze then pop the veneer brick and stone would crack in the mortar joints. If you like the look of brick, just tear the whole thing down and build it with brick and chimney flue liners. Same with stone. It’s pretty easy to remove a chimney block chimney.

If you just want to do an inexpensive spruce up, power wash the shit out of it. Remove top cinder bock, replace last flue liner, Then stucco it with a colored stucco mortar and put a couple courses of brick on top. After a few weeks treat it with water sealer to protect it. Use the water sealer every couple years or so.

You can be pissed off, you can piss off, you can piss someone off (annoy them), you can piss something off (get rid of it), you can be on the piss, you can be pissed, you can sink some piss, and you can have a piss. Piss, it's very versatile.

Back