hey this is the civ 6 thread [oct 21 release]

yea the graphics grow on you really fast
its much cleaner, easier to discern stuff at a glance
and the strategic view layer is nuts good

i got it on ipt n played for like an hour
the changes they made to city building is pretty neat
ill go back to stellaris where i can play a cthulhu race and make slave cockroaches do my bidding

Stayed up until 4 a.m. Got used to the graphics after a while. Like the districts and how they handle great persons. Traders and their routes are frustrating and the civ trading window even more so. I can't remove/add stuff as I'm used to. I won't give open borders to a civ that I know is aggressive so I want to remove that from my side of the trading table, but can't do it. Moreover, I wish I could assassinate foreign missionaries without triggering a war.

Now, coffee and more CIV. (I know, shoot me).

played until turn 75 with 3 friends for my first game feelin it out
all my units died to barbs on different areas of the map :(

we all went to bed when my city was under siege by a horse barb camp
gotta pump more units

Did anyone mention that they made Egyptians niggers yet?

This is actually how they rewrite history these days. A 6-year old kid growing up playing afrocentric nutbaggery like this game will think ancient Egyptians really were boons.

played until turn 75 with 3 friends for my first game feelin it out
all my units died to barbs on different areas of the map :(

we all went to bed when my city was under siege by a horse barb camp
gotta pump more units

Barbs seem a bit tougher in this game compared to Civ 5. From what I understand though, what happens is if they send out a scout and spot your city they will keep pumping out units and attacking you until you defeat the camp they came from. I had one game where two camps were within 5 tiles of my city and I simply couldn't put units out fast enough to counter them all.

Heard AI sucks, and barbs are insane. Worth buying it now? I only got civ 5 the original in terms of the last one. Civ 4 got bored and sold it after a year. Civ 3 was okay, Civ 2 played forever. Never knew about the game during civ 1...

unless ur a casual gamer lookin to enjoy something new/different it's not worth a buy

for civ vets after the initial playthroughs there's no replayability. AI is too dumb/scripted, they do the same thing every game

well i seems like civ6 is better than civ5 was on release. and seeing how civ5 became arguably one of the top 10 games of the past decade (see: steam stats) no, it's not like every civ game ever

the revenue stats do..

twitch stats are irrelevant unless they are consistent month to month and they only really apply to "viewable" content. clash of clans is too casual to watch. yet its yearly $ is comparable to league (i posted a thread with this earlier)

Last edited:
It took me 420 rounds to colonize mars :bandit:

Going to nuke everyone for victory next. Then i'll turn the world into scientologists. After that i'l probably uninstall the game because it won't have any more replay value.

Back