hey this is the civ 6 thread [oct 21 release]

civ5 multiplayer works fine

you just need to find people who are as big of a loser as you to slog through the 8 hour long game

civ 5 multiplayer is not great - even the NQ mod can't resolve a lot of the connectivity issues / annoyances of the base game.

Piotrr pre-ordered the game for me and I can't wait. Great tips in this thread. Thanks. :)

i have it preloaded on steam

i am hoping torrent comes out within 2 hours of release, that way i can return it and re-buy on sale

otherwise fk it i'll be whorin out

I'll be pirating this.
Beyond Earth left so sour taste in my mouth, it's gonna be awhile before it's washed away.

Files are pre-loaded in Steam and waiting for launch. I have watched some videos on YouTube and the game looks really nice and new. What bugs me is how the leaders are no longer portait like, but look like something out of Disney, which would be ok if the target group was 6-yo kids. :(

Game is lovely in my opinion.

I've only finished the tutorial, but the game seems really nice, with a really great layout.

I was wary about the graphics from all the videos, but when I got in, it felt really smooth and easy on the eyes.

I took a city with just two war carts (unique unit).

In Civ 5, I think it would have taken me 2 catapults and 5 units to take the same city, lol.

I took someone's capital with just 2 half-wounded war carts, 1 slinger, and 1 spearman.

I love the return to old school when it comes to taking cities. It seems like military is highly viable.

New developments in the civic aspect of the game. Really awesome. Far advanced from Civ 5.

Lots of new goodies.

Workers vanish after using them to make 3 developments. No more worker clutter scattered across the map harassing you with orders every turn. And no more workers on "auto-improve" destroying forests without you wanting that, etc...

I've only played an hour, but the game seems rock solid.

More than likely I will be enjoying this game for a long while.

I have yet to try multiplayer...

Back