VeteranXX
Old
202 - 03-10-2016, 13:12
He'll never be the head of a major guild

ElectroWaffle
VeteranXX
Old
203 - 03-10-2016, 15:34
Really a poor way for a lad to get ahead in life.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
204 - 03-10-2016, 15:54
His body is headless

Dmaul is dead

Harbinger
VeteranX
Old
205 - 03-10-2016, 17:23
Dmaul's severed head

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
206 - 03-10-2016, 18:00
i pick up the head.

please add "Dmaul's severed head" to my inventory on my character sheet, thanks.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
207 - 03-10-2016, 18:27
Doggor and Waffles

Doggor moved swiftly into the stacks of lumber, Waffles quick on his feet. They crept along a large vertical stack and found a crease not much more than a foot wide. Inhaling deeply, they squeezed inside before settling on a small alcove created by mislaid planks of wood. As the sun disappeared, the shadows deepened and they vanished amongst the pile. Waffles motioned to Doggor silently, and whispered “It’s getting dark. Weren’t we supposed to be back by dark?

Doggor held a finger to his lips, silencing the gnome. There was a crunching of nearby gravel, faint and from a small distance, but noticeable to well-practiced rogues. “I think they went this way,” a tiny voice whispered.

“Shhhh,” came a more commanding response.

“I didn’t recognize them, maybe they’re new to the city,” the tiny voice said again.

“I said be quiet,” the second voice hushed the first. “They’re nearby.”

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
208 - 03-10-2016, 18:34
Ztir and Prowell

Ztir began to back away towards the main entrance, his palms sweating slightly. The frowning man began to follow him, his smile reappearing as he politely pushed people aside. “Pardon me,” Ztir said, moving quicker through the crowd, forgetting often to keep smiling himself.

Just as he reached the main door, a hand clapped on his shoulder, and Ztir began readying his spell. “Brother Ezekiel!” the man exclaimed, spinning the mage to face him and giving him a stern look. “You were supposed to head into the city to help shepherd refugees to the temple. Shirking your responsibilities is unconscionable. These people require our help and you’re off having a lark? The Father shall hear about this, make no mistake about it!”

Ztir gaped for a moment, puzzled, before remembering that he had taken on the guise of another member of the order. This man clearly thought he was that person. “I . . . uh . . .” he stammered in reply, counting off the time left on his disguise. Was it 5 minutes or 10 remaining?

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
209 - 03-10-2016, 18:44
Lamir and Illo

Lamir handed over half of his gold to pay for the book. He couldn’t say for sure why, but something deep in his mind told him that this tome was important, perhaps even that he was meant to find it. He traced his finger across the arcane symbol on the cover. He did not recognize it, but he could swear that his fingertip felt cold afterwards. He muttered a small incantation, and the book began to glow with a soft light. It was indeed magical. Several other items scattered throughout the store also began to glow, although most of the shop stayed entirely dark. “Hey now, you cut that out!” Oddman shouted, poking at Lamir with an unglowing serpent headed walking stick. “Don’t need no fires here! Lot of dry goods!”

“I’m sure it will be fine,” Illo said, taking Lamir by the shoulder and leading him to the exit.

“Go on! Get out!” Oddman shouted in his strange whisper. “And remember, reading is important!” he said as he slammed the door behind them.

Lamir caressed the book lovingly. Perhaps it would be better not to open it here in the street. It could wait. “Which way is the inn?” he asked Illo.

“This way,” he replied, nodding his head south. They began to walk.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
210 - 03-10-2016, 19:11
Swollins, Goshin, Coombzy, and Havax

Swollins face flushed redder than Coombzy thought possible for a man. He backed away from the table slowly, putting his back to the bar and standing a few feet down from where the redhead was seated. He saw Swollins twist his head slightly, as if listening to something coming from the front door. Coombzy could see the masked bounty hunter twist his head slightly towards the door as well. “You’re a dead man,” he hissed at Sauter.

“Heard that more times than I can count, son. Trust me when I say that you don’t want to do this. Just give me what I want and we’ll be on our way,” Sauter replied.

Swollins roared and leapt up, reaching for his bastard sword. Sauter was quicker than anyone expected, putting his foot on the edge of the table and shoving hard. The bench on which he sat slid back into the next table, putting distance between him and the huge warrior as he slid his rapier from its scabbard. The table hit Swollins hard in the legs from the force of the shove, but did not slow his rise.

In the blink of an eye, Remy stood beside Swollins, his blades still sheathed in his belt. A knee flew upwards, catching the fighter underneath the ribs. He doubled over as the air left his huge chest. The bounty hunter spun, throwing an elbow that caught Swollins across the jaw. He blocked a weak punch thrown by the stunned Swollins and threw a right cross in response, landing a blow directly on his sternum with such force that Swollins flew fifteen feet back amongst the tables and landing hard on his back.

Initiative Order:
Remy
Goshin
Swollins
Coombzy
Havax
Sauter
Hayes

For the sake of faster combat, please list your movement, preferred action/bonus, and a secondary version in case the first is no longer viable.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
211 - 03-10-2016, 19:34
I'm going to ready my bow and nock an arrow as i move back a bit toward the upper right corner, once i get to a comfortable aiming position, i'm going to cast hail of thorns and fire at Sauter.

If things don't go my way turn wise and someone closes in on my location, instead of readying my bow i'll ready my longsword.

Last edited by havax; 03-10-2016 at 19:36..
Chaol
VeteranXX
Old
212 - 03-10-2016, 19:39
well that escalated quickly

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
213 - 03-10-2016, 20:02
I'm going to give the appearance of an abject coward and dive for cover behind the bar.

However, I've already determined that if possible I want to help the mysterious band of adventurers (purely selfishly, because I want to try to get them interested in investigating the Brotherhood and hopefully helping me to find my friend), so once I'm behind the bar I remain peeking over the edge so that I can follow the action and look for a chance to do something useful.

Last edited by coombz; 03-10-2016 at 21:47..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
214 - 03-10-2016, 20:07
I'm going to position myself in the doorway and cast color spray!
Quote:
1st-level Illusion
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (15-foot cone)
Components: V, S, M (a pinch of powder or sand that is colored red, yellow, and blue)
Duration: 1 Round
A dazzling array of flashing, colored lights springs from your hand. Roll 6d10; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can effect. Creatures in a 15-foot cone originating from you are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures and creatures that can't see).

Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell is blinded until the spell ends. Subtract each creature's hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature's hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, roll an additional 2d10 for each slot level above 1st.
I'll cast it in my 2nd level spell slot for the extra 2d10, and I'm going to empower it with
Extended Spell - 1 Sorc point - Double spell duration

if i'm looking at the room right, that 15 foot cone should hit all 3 assholes. I want Hasken to stay behind me for now.

Spoiler

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
215 - 03-10-2016, 20:43
I want to tell the dude that I have IBS and am just leaving to go to the town now, and promise I will return with a band of adventurers I came across earlier

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
216 - 03-10-2016, 20:44
Wild magic is rarer than that, whenever you cast a level 1 or higher spell, a d20 is rolled. If that roll is a 1, there is a random surge from the d100 table.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
217 - 03-10-2016, 20:47
Ooc / dang dude you think you got stomach probs now wait till you get back to the inn and see these cheeky ****ers hunting for you

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
218 - 03-10-2016, 21:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Wild magic is rarer than that, whenever you cast a level 1 or higher spell, a d20 is rolled. If that roll is a 1, there is a random surge from the d100 table.
It's like you didn't read my new profile

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
219 - 03-10-2016, 21:45
How does your profile change da rules?

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
220 - 03-10-2016, 21:54
It was delicious flavor