[xcom/dwarf fortress/etc threads] Team Tribalwar returns to Blood Bowl

nice that's the team filled for now, any further submissions will go on the reserves list for when current rostered players [strike]get murdered [/strike] retire

gotta sleep now, but i went 2W 1L with my dwarves and had the most people watching stream I've ever had...fun times

Team Tribalwar's journey begins tomorrow :wet:

ok first post updated with team pics, pretty sure I managed to make y'all look unique

i will also keep that post updated with notable achievements and stats for each player, and overall team win/loss record and match summaries

so i discovered that the rules for this version actually differ in a few key ways from the 'official' rules that i'm used to, and in this case the slight increase in cost to Orc Blitzers means that we're going to have to play Game 1 with only 3 Black Orc Blockers and hopefully purchase Goshin by Game 2 or 3 (if all goes well)

heading out to look at a house this morning, but will stream Team TWs first games in 2-3 hours :)

Shoulda been chaos tho

Boss mutations

Chaos aren't in yet :rolleyes: don't get me started. so far it's just Human, Orc, Dwarf and Skaven i believe

Last edited:
i will i will, believe me i want/need 4 BoBs ;p

but 4 Blitzers with Block, AGI3 and MA6 is more important early on...hopefully i'll be able to pick you up for the 2nd or 3rd game dude :sunny:

about to start looking for our first game live on magicalgames

please join me in hoping for lucky dice and a clueless opponent who doesn't know how to play Blood Bowl! (there were a lot of them about last night, hope to see some more today :D)

Last edited:
Game 1:

Team Tribalwar vs WALL-E (Orcs)

1-1

despite my hopes to get matched up against a shitty coach with a new team, we ended up matched against a more developed Orc team (1 Guard Troll, 1 Guard Blitzer), and the opposing coach was fairly decent (although he did keep blitzing with his Troll, which is the mark of a newbie)

Tribalwar kicked to start the first half, and at first it was going really well. we were getting a number of good blocks and removed a couple of players, and he left his ball carrier open a couple of times and we put a lot of pressure on, even popping the ball loose once and surrounding it with players

however, the coach of WALL-E used his two Guard pieces to great effect (Guard allows you to assist in a Block even if you are in a tacklezone) to win the big scrums around the ball, and the dice were kind enough to let him squeeze out a touchdown on his last turn of the half

notable events of the first half: Fire KO'd the enemy goblin with the first play of his career, and TW Dagger similarly knocked down their troll with his first ever hit (with a little help from Al'Muktar and BLOODKILLERMACHO)

shortly after, Harbinger (who joined the team early as a Lineman because we couldn't afford our 4th Black Orc yet) threw a low percentage 1 dice block at one of the opposing blitzers and killed the fucker dead :flame: nice job Harb! 2SPP (Star Player Points) for you

on the other hand, 4 of Team Tribalwar were KO'd in the bash war of the first half. HOWEVER, because the other team was more developed, i had some inducement money to spend at the start of the match which i used to get a Bloodweiser Babe. the Babe improves your chances of getting KO'd players back, and luckily we got all 4 back after the opponent's drive finished

with a 11 to 9 man advantage, i was hoping that we could continue putting out hits and thin their numbers more for an easy 2nd half. unfortunately WALL-E got two 'Perfect Defense' kick-off results that stymied both Team TWs need for bashing and our attempts to move the ball

after just a couple of turns we were hopelessly bogged down with the ball carrier, Fire (who caught the kick at the start of the drive), under threat. i saw a bit of an opening and went for a desperation play, and as rtcll ran a few steps into the opposing backfield Fire made a neat dodge away from his markers and completed a pass to rtcll for his first SPP

WALL-E weren't fucking around though, and they quickly surrounded rtcll and it wasn't long before they took him down. but as he had been running down the wing, the ball popped off the pitch into the crowd and got randomly put back in near the enemy endzone

Team TW were still too far to really capitalise on this, but as the opposition tried to get some players back to retrieve the ball they left some space available for some TW blocks, which opened the field up even more, and as the clock was running down Fire was able to run back and put pressure on the ball, preventing their goblin from picking it up

it came down to a fairly tricky move for Fire...the ball had ended up with just the goblin near it after the fumble, so he danced around, smashed the goblin down, dived backwards and collected the ball, and just barely made it into the endzone :bigthumb: clutch score to tie the game for TW

WALL-E tried, but they didn't have enough time to score again in their remaining 2 turns, so it ended as 1-1. gfg

was really happy to get a draw out of this one, as the 2nd half started so badly i was resigned to losing and was just hoping not to take any perm injuries...

the broadcast of the stream is available here http://www.twitch.tv/magicalgames/v/16860679

some player stats (which i will add to the OP):

Harbinger 1 Kill
Fire 1 Completion, 1 Touchdown
rtcll 1 Catch

no new skills yet, but Fire and Ztir (who got the random MVP) are close, will see how the next game goes :)

Last edited:
Did Blood Bowl 2 inspire this thread? A friend asked what this game was, so I showed him a video and noticed 2 was coming out soon.

BB2 is what i'm playing, multiplayer beta for pre-orders or pre-purchasers or whatever you call it

i've played Blood Bowl on and off on FUMBBL :: Online Blood Bowl League and the first Cyanide game for years though...the thread was inspired by remembering how fun it was to do a Team Tribalwar xcom/dwarf fortress type thread last time

although i was obviously remembering with rose-tinted specs, because now i feel like writing the match reports and updating the stats is too much fucking work :banging: :D

game 2 about to start magicalgames

Yeah, the writeup is why I haven't done another DF thread. I adore that game so.

and that makes since about BB2, the HUD was foreign to me.

Back