Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1002 - 02-08-2013, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
i like how you post matter-of-factually, like you know everything about the future and the past and well, just everything.
That's something you like is it? Well I'm with you on that--of the nine hundred and sixty three things about me that are great, always being right is my favorite.

Anyway, I was just pointing out there isn't going to be a civil war is all. It's possible that gun makers will still manufacture automatic chambering mechanisms for sale to civilians for years to come, but I doubt it. There will be a very real discussion about it in the coming months, and what you guys will bring to the table is more sarcasm, eye-rolling, name-calling, and unbridled outrage. And it is precisely that kind of carrying on that is going to cause you to lose.

That's all, you can go back to agreeing with each other for a few pages, I'll come back in a week or so to stir things up again.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1003 - 02-08-2013, 15:28
We tried having the rational discussion. You proved you weren't able to speak on that level.

Where do we go from here?

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
1004 - 02-08-2013, 15:31
maybe vanster should re-read this thread to better ascertain which side looks desperate and petty

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1005 - 02-08-2013, 15:33
automatic chambering mechanisms

Ranks right up there with calling standard cap mags "assault clips" and hollow point rounds "assault bullets". More progressive talking points meant to rile up the uninformed masses.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1006 - 02-08-2013, 15:35
I'd like to know why, if Vanster's argument is so simple, logical, and relevant, no one has come to his defense? Are they simply too afraid of being dogpiled on? That would be the first time in TribalWar history. If we're all just a bunch of gun-stroking hillbillies, shouldn't we be ripe targets for the TW **** train? This place loves shooting down retarded opinions. Where's the heat?

Last edited by Data; 02-08-2013 at 15:41..
epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
1007 - 02-08-2013, 15:39
vanster has it all backwards

we need more guns. when i register to vote i should get a .22 and a thousand rounds. any other direction is the wrong way and a slippery ass slope.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1008 - 02-08-2013, 15:42
I've only had sex with my 2nd cousin

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
1009 - 02-08-2013, 15:44
brb taking the mule into town to gawk at the new traffic light

Shoddy
VeteranX
Old
1010 - 02-08-2013, 15:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
no one has come to his defense
I agree with his main point that promoting violent rebellion is not going to win you hearts and minds.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1011 - 02-08-2013, 15:46
I wish I could find 1k rounds of 22lr

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1012 - 02-08-2013, 15:46
BRB, emptying my spittoon.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1013 - 02-08-2013, 15:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
There will be a very real discussion about it in the coming months, and what you guys will bring to the table is more sarcasm, eye-rolling, name-calling, and unbridled outrage. And it is precisely that kind of carrying on that is going to cause you to lose.
what if we decide we've had enough of the left's whining and wanting to take our rights and liberties at the discussion table and we don't want to eye-roll and name-call and be sarcastic anymore. do we just go ahead and draw on you?

it seems like it might be the only way to get you to listen.

Last edited by havax; 02-08-2013 at 15:55..
NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
1014 - 02-08-2013, 15:58
Quote:
That's something you like is it? Well I'm with you on that--of the nine hundred and sixty three things about me that are great, always being right is my favorite.
Quote:
YHowever, my signature IS on the petition to recall Walker as I was a resident there at the time. Two people have lost their jobs over this, and Walker is next.
Obviously, I won't/can't be voting in the recall election, but my one vote won't matter much in the grand scheme of things anyway. The polls indicate he's going to be ****-canned, but that doesn't automatically return the right to collectively bargain to unions--he's already signed the bill into law, and undoing that is going to take considerable effort. Firing Walker is the first step of that effort, and Wisconsin is in the middle of doing that now.

krustyy
VeteranXX
Old
1015 - 02-08-2013, 16:02
List of Proposed California Gun Control Measures -- 500 Round Max, No Grandfathering, No Detachable Mags, Mandatory License | The Truth About Guns
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
omfg!!!!

if this passes, i will be moving out of this POS progressive state. i do not understand how progressives have been placed into positions of power when American history is loaded with anti-authoritarianism but these progressives...

if this passes, i will pick up my life and move.
Passing laws like that are likely to encourage me to do one of the following:
* Move out of California
* Just say, "**** it," and accept that if I'm caught I'm a felon.

I have 1 single currently California legal handgun that's less than 2 years old and I'm going to have to face having it confiscated, being considered a felon, or leaving the state.

I'm not partial to being considered a felon but everybody has a point where they would consider the laws being passed are no longer worth adhering to. If I find it not feasible or beneficial to move out of the state, I will likely stick with owning unregistered firearms and make use of a friend in Vegas for obtaining my ammunition.

The real kicker here is, if I'm going to be made a felon, there's not much use in adhering to the other gun laws I've already disagreed with. The fact that a 17 round mag for my pistol is illegal is the only reason I don't own one now. If my whole gun is made illegal, I might as well pick up some larger magazines or start working on a totally illegal AR-15 build. It won't make my no-frills 9mm pistol any more illegal than it already is in such a case.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1016 - 02-08-2013, 16:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoddy View Post
I agree with his main point that promoting violent rebellion is not going to win you hearts and minds.
Nobody really wants that to happen.

Let me repeat that for the record:

No one seriously wants there to be an armed rebellion.

That's not what anyone means when we state (factually) that the 2nd Amendment is a defense against tyranny. You (or maybe just Vanster) are reading too much into it. "Come and take them" is not an invitation for violence. It is simply a warning that we will not roll over and take whatever misguided policymakers and their media mouthpieces claim is the "rational" justification for restricting our rights.

The threat of an armed rebellion must always be present to ensure no one treads on the Bill of Rights -- all of them. When I call it a "threat" I don't mean hordes of people waving signs with overt statements about assassinating the President. The possibility of rebellion alone is enough -- the armed populace itself is the threat. The enumerated right that ensures we maintain that threat is the 2nd Amendment, and it requires (bolded, underlined) that we bear arms equivalent to our standing army [See: Thomas Jefferson, Federalist Papers]. It's really that simple.

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
1017 - 02-08-2013, 16:21
What's an 'assault bullet'?

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1018 - 02-08-2013, 16:23
The new shock phrase for hollow points

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
1019 - 02-08-2013, 16:26
let's all go back to ball ammo so when we miss an intruder it goes through 5+ apartment walls hitting god knows what

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1020 - 02-08-2013, 16:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 View Post
let's all go back to ball ammo so when we miss an intruder it goes through 5+ apartment walls hitting god knows what
exactly, these people making the rules don't understand **** about how guns and ammo work.

Page 51 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page 2nd Amendment Interpretations

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
convicted sex offender , gandalf is a creationist , richard jackson indiana