[got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire by Mogs - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire
Page 5 of 11
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 11-22-2017, 05:39
Belgium says loot boxes are gambling, wants them banned in Europe | PC Gamer

Sponsored Links
cael
VeteranXX
Old
82 - 11-22-2017, 05:53
hawaii **** yeah

comin again to save the mother****in day yeah

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
83 - 11-22-2017, 15:04
Just shows how dumb Gamers as consumers really are.

If you don't like it.
Don't buy it.

That's all Publishers respond too... the bottom line.

It's a shallow arcade blaster game caked in candy coated visuals and the Star Wars brand.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 11-22-2017, 16:53
****ing savage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28K6GkkaTik

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
85 - 11-22-2017, 17:39
every year i read about this ****.....microtransaction outrage....but then as soon as the next title is announced, everyone still preorders it.......dont preorder, and better yet, don't buy games from these ****ty ****ing companies

jesus christ for anyone with an attention span greater than 10 seconds it isn't that hard.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 11-22-2017, 19:01
I have not bought a game from EA since Titanfall... even then it wasn't for full price because EA Games fixes the price by region, so if you're in Mexico (or using a VPN to trick the EA Store), the game is a lot cheaper. 650 Peso... $35 USD.

I don't remember the last game from UbiSoft, Activision or Bethesda I consciously bought. Diablo III is the only Blizzard game I've paid (and played) for since Warcraft II.

I remember BF:BC2 being the last real game I enjoyed from EA Games... right before they yanked all their stuff off Steam to start Origin. I also remember PC games being $49.99 and how EA Games decided to fix a flat price for all their games... since console games were $59.99, now all PC Games would be too... then 69.99, then 69.99 with an seasons pass. Then 79.99 with a seasons pass. Now 89.99 with Microtransactions Loot Crates and a seasons pass.

Raising the price wouldn't be a problem, if we were getting more "game" to go along with the experience... but we're not. We're getting less and less of a game. Battlefront 2 has a campaign of 12 missions and maybe 4-6 hours of gameplay. Call of Duty: WW2 is over 100GB installed for a game that only lasts 6.5 hours. That includes all the down time watching scripted sequences and real-time events.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 11-22-2017, 19:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Raising the price wouldn't be a problem, if we were getting more "game" to go along with the experience... but we're not. We're getting less and less of a game. Battlefront 2 has a campaign of 12 missions and maybe 4-6 hours of gameplay. Call of Duty: WW2 is over 100GB installed for a game that only lasts 6.5 hours. That includes all the down time watching scripted sequences and real-time events.
that's not really fair since SP is an afterthought for those types of games now. people buy them to kill people online with fabulous graphics. ss: tribes SP content was about 5 minutes depending on how long it took you to figure out jump jetting.

the AAA gaming industry is pretty trash tier these days. but there is a whole lot of indie stuff out there though, so yeah, stop buying AAA games and they'll have to learn how to actually make them again.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 11-22-2017, 19:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Just shows how dumb Gamers as consumers really are.

If you don't like it.
Don't buy it.

That's all Publishers respond too... the bottom line.

It's a shallow arcade blaster game caked in candy coated visuals and the Star Wars brand.
thats why they spend 4x on marketing vs dev. to MAKE u like it therefore buy it no matter how **** it is.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 11-22-2017, 19:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
thats why they spend 4x on marketing vs dev. to MAKE u like it therefore buy it no matter how **** it is.
!00% this. Sad that people don't have any self control. Imagine how much money these publishers would lose if the average player simply waited a week to judge the game on it's merits rather than hype.

also, this is going on over at reddit:

Steam Awards Idea : StarWarsBattlefront

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 11-23-2017, 02:14
Artificial Outrage. Dumb ****. Its not THAT bad.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 11-23-2017, 02:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CNpzaJk-rs

If you could mine bitcoin with a console this guy would be rich *****!

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
92 - 11-23-2017, 05:00
This is just a way to stop people pirating the game I guess. Useless as a standalone game, you need to go online to buy **** to make it worthwhile.

although I'm sure there is a cracked version with all the DLC/loot available somewhere.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
93 - 11-23-2017, 05:30
no just having multiplayer on company hosted servers automatically prevents piracy which most games do these days.

and nothing stops single player piracy.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
94 - 11-23-2017, 05:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
!00% this. Sad that people don't have any self control. Imagine how much money these publishers would lose if the average player simply waited a week to judge the game on it's merits rather than hype.

also, this is going on over at reddit:

Steam Awards Idea : StarWarsBattlefront
ya ok so they get nerds to buy that instead... guess who the $$$ still goes too

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
95 - 11-23-2017, 07:39
I cant wait till they get to the stage of offering you the option to trade your new item for two other loot crates.

Then the gambling will really kick in.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 11-23-2017, 08:13

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 11-23-2017, 13:40
afk army

we salute you

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 11-25-2017, 20:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M

Piata
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 11-25-2017, 21:32
I haven't bought an EA game since Mass Effect 2. Partially because they pulled all their games from Steam but also because **** EA.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
100 - 11-25-2017, 21:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
holy ****ing autism
embraccisng

Page 5 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [got haggis] Star wars battlefront 2 micro transactions backfire

Social Website Bullshit