somehow downgraded my item level

Alfred Neuman

Futbal Expert5
Veteran X
i went from an ilevel 334 down to 316 while still having the same, if not better gear.

and blizz doesnt know why.

the only explanation i can think of is when i switched from a 2 hand staff lvl 325 to a single hand dagger lvl 333.But this took place days ago pre downgrade.

anyone else have this issue/know of someone who does?

now i cant run heroics which means im stuck with a limited places to do.

That's odd, your ilvl actually goes UP when you have more stuff in your packs. I recently have been buying the faction epics for my holy set and it is upped by ilvl past what my tanking gear had.

But if you want bugs someone in the tankign forums said he was in a pug and Blockade's Lost Shield dropped and the prot paladin couldn't need it and the shaman did and won it by default.

i went from an ilevel 334 down to 316 while still having the same, if not better gear.

and blizz doesnt know why.

the only explanation i can think of is when i switched from a 2 hand staff lvl 325 to a single hand dagger lvl 333.But this took place days ago pre downgrade.

anyone else have this issue/know of someone who does?

now i cant run heroics which means im stuck with a limited places to do.

Guessing you got rid of your 2h'er and don't have an offhand? If you don't thats a pretty big setback to your ilvl.

ilevel is big joke, you can buy blue items off the AH and toss them in your bags to meet the heroic item level requirement, then sell them after you have picked up some gear. The pvp gear I have picked up gained me around 10 points, and does nothing for my tanking set but I could still claim I have a 348 ilevel.

ilevel is big joke, you can buy blue items off the AH and toss them in your bags to meet the heroic item level requirement, then sell them after you have picked up some gear. The pvp gear I have picked up gained me around 10 points, and does nothing for my tanking set but I could still claim I have a 348 ilevel.

I still mess with people in RDF who have 339s equipped, especially when they have close to a full set of 339s. If they really wanted to fix the ilvl thing they should just make it so it only accounts for equipped gear and not what is in your packs. But I'm sure that's the 1,579,398th time anyone has said that since cata release.

Show an armory? The armory should have the correct ilvl. And obviously, we can tell, based on the ilvl of gear you have equipped should be near the armory displayed ilvl. That should end the speculation on whether it's a bug or a screwup on your part.

even so, my gear in my bag are all 333+ ilevels.

my lowest gear is a trinket, which is 325. like someone said, it probably is because i went from a 2 hand weapon to single and didnt have an off-hand equip.

that doesnt explain as to why i got to play heroics for a while. my gear was 334 even after i DE the staff.

333*17 gearslots = 5661

5661-333 = 5328

5328/17 = 313

if you have nothing in the 17th gear slot and 333 in the rest, you'd be at 313

that doesnt explain as to why i got to play heroics for a while. my gear was 334 even after i DE the staff.

Once you gain ilvl you never lose it in terms of availability. You can get past 329 for heroics and then DE a few things to drop you below 329 and it should still let you in because you did get past 329 once.

Once you gain ilvl you never lose it in terms of availability. You can get past 329 for heroics and then DE a few things to drop you below 329 and it should still let you in because you did get past 329 once.

but it wont, not until i bought an offhand item in org.

my shoulders,chest and hands are 346. my belt is 359. everything else, aside from the empty off-hand is 333. my trinket is the lowest at 325.

thing is why did it keep me at 334 even after i removed my staff by the way of DE'ing. why did it take so long to drop?. keep in mind this is just equipped gear. i had/have items 333 in my bag as well.

i just cant see 1 item dropping me from 334 to 313.

Back