So I lost about 7k dps last night

Everything back to normal tonight. Really f'ing weird. I'm back up to and teetering on 12.5-13k dps on training dummy, and was pulling 18.5 on Argaloth tonight.

FYI, make your offspec Sub.
Group with healers before pull, get 5CP, use SnD.
Respec.
Refresh with Envenom.

I was rolling 62% SnD (also used 2 pc. T6) all fight np.

Just found out about that tonight.

it's LUI with ThreatPlates
Those are actually the default nameplates in that version of LUI. The only things that aren't stock LUI in that SS are Archy/TomTom, EventHorizon, and the DBM + Loggerhead icons on the minimap.

I also never noticed my Recount wasn't aligned properly on my rogue... how did I miss that? o_O

Those are actually the default nameplates in that version of LUI. The only things that aren't stock LUI in that SS are Archy/TomTom, EventHorizon, and the DBM + Loggerhead icons on the minimap.

I also never noticed my Recount wasn't aligned properly on my rogue... how did I miss that? o_O

i also use LUI, but i turned off the nameplates that came with it in favor of threatplates since I thought I'd be tanking

FYI, make your offspec Sub.
Group with healers before pull, get 5CP, use SnD.
Respec.
Refresh with Envenom.

I was rolling 62% SnD (also used 2 pc. T6) all fight np.

Just found out about that tonight.
Wait, what? How do you get 5CP before the pull? Or if you meant after the pull, how do you respec during battle (I always get "can't do that right now" or whatever)? :confused:

Wait, what? How do you get 5CP before the pull? Or if you meant after the pull, how do you respec during battle (I always get "can't do that right now" or whatever)? :confused:

1) Pre-pull, activate your Sub spec and group with healers.
2) Get 5 CP through heal crits.
3) Hit SnD, respec back to Assassination. (40 second SnD with talent/glyph)
4) Pull normally, and just be sure to refresh SnD with Envenom before it drops.

This is what Pessi posted on EJ; I don't know why he edits his posts to be more vague on TW, but he does *shrug*.

1) Pre-pull, activate your Sub spec and group with healers.
2) Get 5 CP through heal crits.
3) Hit SnD, respec back to Assassination. (40 second SnD with talent/glyph)
4) Pull normally, and just be sure to refresh SnD with Envenom before it drops.

This is what Pessi posted on EJ; I don't know why he edits his posts to be more vague on TW, but he does *shrug*.
I wrote the one on TW while I was alt-tabbed. I wrote the one on EJ while I was at work. =p

Damnit, was hoping to try it tonight.

Pessi, did you try that reforger program on the front page of the rogue forums on EJ?

Takes about 50 min to run. It puts me under the spell hit cap, and modifies almost all of my reforging, that I am a bit wary of it.

Damnit, was hoping to try it tonight.

Pessi, did you try that reforger program on the front page of the rogue forums on EJ?

Takes about 50 min to run. It puts me under the spell hit cap, and modifies almost all of my reforging, that I am a bit wary of it.
I ran it yesterday but haven't looked at the results yet. How long it takes is dependent on your gear (assuming you don't change the setup parameters). Took ~3 hours for mine (on an i7-950 @ 3.7 GHz) since there were ~2.2 billion possible combinations.

Easiest way to test the results is to load up your current setup in http://shadowcraft-test.appspot.com/ check the DPS, then try the setup from the tool.

Eh, it's not really "hard", per se, it's just an NP-complete problem. The only way to get an optimal solution is to brute force check every possible result.

Edit: Some gearsets produce estimated times on the order of a month or more. e.g.: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5181/77709492.png

And that's while solving about as quickly as it was for me, so that's on a current gen CPU.

Last edited:
Back