maelstrom crystal tips

some of you might of figured it out, but if you are an alchemist/enchanter you can craft lifebound alchemist stones and DE them for crystals. i've made close to 100k selling enchants on my server

merry christmas

edit: lifebound

Last edited:
:[ im forever poor. I made a war when the world changed on a new server....I just lvl'd eng up to 501....need to get to 525 to make my helmet..and now I need around 20k in mats for 2 landslide enchants :[ so gay. sitting at around 400g between my chars hah

I thought anyone could DE as long as they were in your group?

I have an alchemist on one char, and an enchanter on another, and enough herbs to make like 3 :(

For tips I can get you what you'd like, Frijo. One of my TC guildmates has owned the market since release and will craft+DE them for mats. Fucker has made well over 100k selling them + enchants and is well over the new gold cap.

For tips I can get you what you'd like, Frijo. One of my TC guildmates has owned the market since release and will craft+DE them for mats. Fucker has made well over 100k selling them + enchants and is well over the new gold cap.

He has over a million gold?

Yes, last week he was well on his way to gold cap on a 2nd toon. He had 800k+ before the gold cap was increased (spread across several characters and alt banks) and 2boxed 2 toons to 85 the first 48 hours of Cataclysm and has sat in Org most of the last week or more making as much gold as possible. He's also sitting on a couple hundred thousand gold on Blackrock server from abusing the same AH markets.

I don't mess with the AH myself since my playtime is limited, I only have maybe 80k across 5 toons.

Let's put it this way:
Mats for the alchemist trinkets cost 350-600g depending on time of week to buy on the AH (he'll often 2box one toon farming shit, the other crafting/selling/flipping to save even more).
Maelstrom Crystals have been selling for 1-1.2k apiece for 400-850g profit every time he does this.

Take that practice times ~10 days his toons have been 85.

Last edited:
wow, somehow i got very lucky and actually have enchanting/alchemy. time to make some bank. maelstorms go for 2k on my server... nice

seems like the tol barad hotfix screwed over this pony. warlock/priest/mage enchanters can buy a 700 honor purple wand and DE it. on my druid no such wand can be bought.. :ugh:

which basically kills this market lol :(

seems like the tol barad hotfix screwed over this pony. warlock/priest/mage enchanters can buy a 700 honor purple wand and DE it. on my druid no such wand can be bought.. :ugh:

which basically kills this market lol :(

Pretty sure the wand is Conquest Points, not honor... so it isn't Tol Barad thats breaking anything.

word. i moved on from selling maelstroms to selling windwalk enchants. hoping to get power torrent later this week and continue my reign.

now i just need to grind thorium brotherhood rep to get the ever wanted +22int enchant

Back