Reload this Page <StK> on Tichondrius
Page 8 of 22
9er
VeteranX
Old
141 - 11-07-2010, 11:57
Questions:

What times will the raids likely be?

Are you striving for 25s or 10s come Cata?

Sponsored Links
zeph
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 11-07-2010, 12:07
We haven't hashed that out yet, but in the past I remember them being from 9-12ish EST Tues/Thurs. Ideally I'd like to set up two 10ms at the start for more shots at the same items for similar specs/classes since 10/25 has the same loot. As we progress and get a better idea of the mechanics and encounters perhaps moving to 25m for a more dynamic atmosphere and shots at mounts for everyone.

Roch
Veteran²
Old
143 - 11-07-2010, 12:43
what Im most excited about is the rated BGs. Anyone else up for that?

Roch
Veteran²
Old
144 - 11-07-2010, 12:46
next question, what toon to bring over? Not sure what role people have already called "dibs" on

Balance Druid/offspec healer
Ele Shaman/off spec healer
Shadow priest
Frost DK

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
145 - 11-07-2010, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph View Post
We haven't hashed that out yet, but in the past I remember them being from 9-12ish EST Tues/Thurs. Ideally I'd like to set up two 10ms at the start for more shots at the same items for similar specs/classes since 10/25 has the same loot. As we progress and get a better idea of the mechanics and encounters perhaps moving to 25m for a more dynamic atmosphere and shots at mounts for everyone.
When I as in StK it was 9 - 12 EST T/R/Su, but Sundays were always kind of a flop because people were in that "weekend over, back to work" funk and it wasn't as good an effort as Tuesdays and Thursdays.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
146 - 11-07-2010, 13:11
Well we have Eksdra and Law rolled a druid, not sure if he intends on raiding with it or is going to RaF another toon. Brokenwear is resto/ele but no other set shaman at the moment. Smaq would be the only Spriest I'm aware of if he raids with us, and we have 1 Frost DK at the moment.

9er
VeteranX
Old
147 - 11-07-2010, 13:49
How is the ret pally situation looking?

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
148 - 11-07-2010, 14:07
You may want to be aware that should that all get up and running there will always be a chance people will switch to other toons/specs and the toon/spec you initially choose may not be as viable as when you first start. As well when raiding gets more defined months post-cata release there is a good chance certain class/role makeups may become more viable for certain encounters.

Personally I would just play what you enjoy playing and not worry about filling a role/need just yet. It's better to do it that way versus trying to fill a need and then be disappointed when that need is either filled or changes to another need you cannot fill.

-Masqu3-
VeteranX
Old
149 - 11-07-2010, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
You may want to be aware that should that all get up and running there will always be a chance people will switch to other toons/specs and the toon/spec you initially choose may not be as viable as when you first start. As well when raiding gets more defined months post-cata release there is a good chance certain class/role makeups may become more viable for certain encounters.

Personally I would just play what you enjoy playing and not worry about filling a role/need just yet. It's better to do it that way versus trying to fill a need and then be disappointed when that need is either filled or changes to another need you cannot fill.
That's why everytime I play WoW I always play a spriest... ya they sucked while I played in PvP, but I enjoyed the hell out it :P

I'm almost to 70

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
150 - 11-07-2010, 14:34
I could probably tank. Bears are pretty OP.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
151 - 11-07-2010, 17:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9er View Post
How is the ret pally situation looking?
1 Ret pally if we end up keeping the one that is in guild already and not a TWer, although he is less than reliable and generally annoying.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
152 - 11-07-2010, 17:17
It would be better to start a new group. Not be elitist, but the amount of time you spend redoing things will end up frustrating others, if they don't know their class.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
153 - 11-07-2010, 17:21
Yea I'm 99% sure we will be leaving behind some of the people currently in guild when Cata hits, it will amount to only losing 3 active players and 1 semi active.

$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 11-07-2010, 17:40
I can bring over a ret pally for cata if needed. he needs gear but that will be easy for cata. my DK is the best gear'd toon i have. I moved my RET over also.

Last edited by $tarlight; 11-07-2010 at 17:56..
Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
155 - 11-07-2010, 17:53
Let me know when you create a new guild and I'll move some toons over. If enough TC return to field raids (doubtful) I'd likely rejoin them since the hours/intelligence/dependability are impossible to find elsewhere these days, but if that doesn't happen I'll be around and available as long as you don't raid at west coast times.

I have a ret paladin main (prot offspec solid as well), resto/balance druid alt and of course the shadowpriest. I also have the warrior but those are boring as **** to play so I doubt I'll do more than level it to mine and support 3 Jewelcrafters & a Blacksmith. I don't know what I'll level first, probably the first 3 all at once using whichever toon has rest XP.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 11-07-2010, 18:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch View Post
next question, what toon to bring over? Not sure what role people have already called "dibs" on

Balance Druid/offspec healer
Ele Shaman/off spec healer
Shadow priest
Frost DK
Bring or roll a char good with Druid roach.

PvP'ing as resto.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 11-07-2010, 20:23
I have a shaman, mage or paladin i could play

shaman i'm pretty proficient at ele, resto doesn't have hardly anything to pickup to learn effectively

paladin i know ret/prot inside and out

mage i haven't raided on since tbc, but mage has always been pretty f'ing easy

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
158 - 11-07-2010, 20:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
I could probably tank. Bears are pretty OP.
I'm loving my bear-tank, leveling I round up mobs and just eat ****.

GreenDookie
VeteranXV
Old
159 - 11-07-2010, 23:43
eatting **** is a bad thing fyi

DistortedRiff
VeteranX
Old
160 - 11-08-2010, 00:29
really depends on inflection

I just EAT ****

I just eat ****