Ulduar

A few rando thoughts...

We did FL with one tower up our first week, got one of the shards for the legendary mace. Haven't seen one since.

This week we tried for the achievement on Kalagarn where you kill both hands and the boss within 12 seconds. I don't know if this is "hard" mode but we failed, since we accidentally AOEd the left arm down while burning the right.

XT was a huge DPS check our first week, and we definitely had to cut some members and recruit some others. We were a sunwell guild pre-3.0, but during the easiness of wotlk a lot of our DPS became fat and lazy. Of course now they're nerfing everything, so wtf mate?

This week on council we did Big-Small-Medium instead of largest to smallest. Medium guy summons adds that target somebody and run to them and then blow up for 20k in a 30yard radius. Bit of a learning curve there. I suppose next week we will leave up Steelbreaker.

Hodir and freya were a joke, so I guess we'll find out what the hard modes are and go for them.

Fun instance so far, but I would prefer they not nerf bosses to pander to casuals.

you won't be doing steelbreaker. i'm pretty sure he's mathematically impossible atm. i think hodir's hard mode isn't really possible either, unless you bring 2 or 3 healers or something stupid. and i don't think kologarn has a hard mode, just think that's something dumb to do for extra achievement points

I don't understand the 1hr shit on Algalon if they're just going to nerf a lot of the hardmodes saying "we want all the players to experience it."

Aren't they just setting themselves up to change that later saying "we want all the players to experience algalon."

??

Er, that's pretty much exactly what they've done so far.

Last night, few things got hotfixed. In fact, the instance lagged pretty bad for a while for us.

Blue posts:

Ulduar Nerfs
Daelo summed it up pretty well in his post on the Raid and Dungeon forum: "We want to allow additional players to experience more of the cool Ulduar content."

We want dungeons, including Ulduar, to be accessible for players. If everything is difficult then few players will experience the content that we have been working on for several months now. At the same time a lot of the hard modes have been increased in difficulty to give players something more challenging to work toward.

We're currently in the process of making further difficulty adjustments via hotfix to the following encounters:

* Ignis the Furnace Master
* Razorscale
* XT-002 Deconstructor
* The Assembly of Iron
* Kologarn
* Auriaya

The difficulty of these encounters is being lowered in multiple ways. Some of the adjustments are live already, others will be live soon. Note that some of the spell tooltips for the encounter will not reflect the hotfixes being deployed until the next patch. As the hotfixes are deployed, the Service Status board will be updated. You can check the current hotfix thread here:
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Recent In-Game Fixes - 4/28/09

Further adjustments are highly likely to some of the other encounters in Ulduar, but these were the highest priority encounters for us. We want to allow additional players to experience more of the cool Ulduar content.

Ulduar

* Pure Saronite mining nodes have temporarily been disable in Ulduar and will return in the future.
* The Ignis the Furnace Master encounter has received the following changes: The interrupt effect and duration of the damage from Flame Jets has been reduced, the damage from the Slag pot has been reduced, the number of Heat stacks needed to transform an Iron Construct into a Molten state has been reduced, the base melee damage done by Ignis has been reduced, and the damage bonus Ignis receives from Strength of the Creator has been slightly increased.
* The Assault Bots on the Mimiron encounter will now attack faster, in turn they will do less damage per hit.
* The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: The duration of Tympanic Trantrum has been reduced, the timer for XT-002 to hit berserk has been increased, the damage of Light Bomb has been reduced, the effect radius of Light Bomb has been reduced, and the health of XM-024 Pummeler has been reduced.
* The aggro radius for several trash mobs before General Vezax has been reduced and the health has been reduced on Void Beasts and Faceless Horrors.
* The Kologarn encounter has received the following changes: The damage of Stone Grip has been reduced, the amount of time to break someone out from the right hand has been increased, the radius and damage of Rumble has been reduced, and the damage of Focused Eyebeam has been reduced.
* The Assembly of Iron encounter has received the following changes: The damage of Rune of Death has been reduced, the damage of Chain Lightning has been reduced, and the damage of Lightning Whirl has been reduced.

All these have been implemented the last few days. Now, I understand that they did in fact, buff few of the encounters a week or so ago, but these are nerfs and they even addressed it as such.

All I read before I made my last post was that initial blue post you quoted. I don't see why they would do anything other than what the posted they hoped to achieve. Making hard modes harder would be the only incentive I would see to continue raiding.

All I read before I made my last post was that initial blue post you quoted. I don't see why they would do anything other than what the posted they hoped to achieve. Making hard modes harder would be the only incentive I would see to continue raiding.
You can bash your head against a wall to obtain an extra piece of loot though, fuck that sounds like 6 months of farming well spent! If they truly make them harder they should double the amount of extra items dropped or perhaps increase the ilvl of them. Already some guildmates are bitching that they'll have to arena for a month or so to get new weapons, very few people actually enjoy arena anymore.

Last night, few things got hotfixed. In fact, the instance lagged pretty bad for a while for us.

Blue posts:

All these have been implemented the last few days. Now, I understand that they did in fact, buff few of the encounters a week or so ago, but these are nerfs and they even addressed it as such.
Yeah, they nerfed easymodes. I fail to see how that runs counter to what zeph said. The only thing on there that affects a hardmode is the light bomb nerf, but that's not really the hard part anyway.

Yeah, they nerfed easymodes. I fail to see how that runs counter to what zeph said. The only thing on there that affects a hardmode is the light bomb nerf, but that's not really the hard part anyway.

Moving out of the raid when you have the debuff is hard? :\

Anyways, I guess I see you and zeph's point about the initial buff not being changed with the normal heroic mode nerfs. However, the reason for these nerfs to normal modes was for Blizzard to allow the people to see content, so who isn't to say that they won't do exactly same to Algalon soon?

Moving out of the raid when you have the debuff is hard? :\

Anyways, I guess I see you and zeph's point about the initial buff not being changed with the normal heroic mode nerfs. However, the reason for these nerfs to normal modes was for Blizzard to allow the people to see content, so who isn't to say that they won't do exactly same to Algalon soon?

Because their current mentality seems to be that they don't give a fuck if hard modes are even realistically possible, and Algalon is a hard mode only encounter. They want bads to be able to get their free 226 purples and T8 running Ulduar PUGs. 239 loot and achievements are going to be the only distinguishing features of better guilds.

one problem with muru is it required a very certain group make up in order to have any chance of meeting the dps requirements, everyone had to pretty much have best in slot as well

it's pretty obvious they aren't doing things like that anymore

I have to respond and say that this is wrong.

We killed ORIGINAL Muru (aka before any pussy nerfs) with a pretty 'regular' group for us; however, I will say vodka's 'regular' group was basically DPS stacked to shit all the time anyway.

Anyway, from listening to vodka do Ulduar it seems like a joke. The only thing they're having trouble with is hard-mode Mimiron, I think.

Sunwell was fun and relatively challenging at least from twins - kj the first time through. Ulduar...doesn't seem like it at all.

edit - I thought about reactivating for Ulduar but it looks like I made the right choice in not doing that!

Back