1.sploits 2.??? 3.profit!

A lot of theories are abound what makes a CoT timed run. I only did it once in group, we did not have a hunter and our DPS were outputing 2000 a piece with a mage AoE'ing. Got to the Corrupter with 3 minutes to spare.

I've gotten to the fight 3 times now. twice on my warrior and once on my priest. Last run we avg 2000 per DPS and the healer died, i died twice and the mage died and we still made it because we had a ret pally rezzing. Funny.

I've gotten to the fight 3 times now. twice on my warrior and once on my priest. Last run we avg 2000 per DPS and the healer died, i died twice and the mage died and we still made it because we had a ret pally rezzing. Funny.

Yeah, when I first started doing heroics the common "theory" was you needed to have a hunter and a mage, the hunter for AoP to move around faster and the mage for AE'ing all the shitty zombies to avoid dazing. Sounds like it has merit, I haven't tried it yet though. But it seems 2000+ DPS and some AoE helps along with a stellar healer. On my run I kept pulling everything after the tavern.

everything is a joke

only thing ive seen remotely difficult is malygos and we've only tried it once

Its a joke if you have competent people, the past 3 nights i haven't had a party for H-HOL where at least 1-2 dps wouldn't die within the first two novas, it usually ends up being just me and the healer fighting the boss until he runs out of mana. Also it seems the normal puger has an average 1000dps. Im fully tank specd with an old shitty weapon and am coming in top dps.

How the fuck can you not get out of nova, its 20 yards, im fucking tanking the guy and if need be i can always get away.

Its a joke if you have competent people, the past 3 nights i haven't had a party for H-HOL where at least 1-2 dps wouldn't die within the first two novas, it usually ends up being just me and the healer fighting the boss until he runs out of mana. Also it seems the normal puger has an average 1000dps. Im fully tank specd with an old shitty weapon and am coming in top dps.

How the fuck can you not get out of nova, its 20 yards, im fucking tanking the guy and if need be i can always get away.

Which HoL boss are you talking about?

There is no theory to the COT timed runs.

We have done it many times now with 2-4 minutes to spare. It is simply killing shit faster. The only time it's 2 minutes is if the mobs are spread way the fuck out and plenty of time to spare when they spawn close to each other.

CoT timed is easy, the first time I ran it we weren't even trying for it.

Warlock/Hunter/Rogue/Pally/Priest

I (rogue) was the only one above 2k DPS. We finished with 1 min to spare so it was cutting it close but we still did it. The tank and the healer already had the drake so they knew what they were doing ;d

There is no theory to the COT timed runs.

We have done it many times now with 2-4 minutes to spare. It is simply killing shit faster. The only time it's 2 minutes is if the mobs are spread way the fuck out and plenty of time to spare when they spawn close to each other.

It's because we never have to stop for my mana to regen. And I use my Innervate on the dps.

Usually because when I tank there is a noticeable difference when any DPSer drops below 1200. The fights take longer, the healer gets low on mana before the fight is done and overall you have to pay more attention to keep from dying/wiping. Better DPS clearly allows less time due to quicker fights and more breathing room in case something goes awry.

The standard prep for most heroics is having everything with a lvl 78 - 80 blue or better (either quest, BoE drop, or dungeon drop). It does involve hitting up the Final Three (Occulus, UP, HoL) to get the gear necessary. With that and a proper spec and knowing how to play your class should be enough to do heroics well enough to not make people question your ability.

Not to mention it's all good until the first boss. Once you down him/her, you're saved. Which ultimately means you are "stuck" with that present group. So you have to pay attention at the start and look for any potential trouble spots before you get to the first boss so you can bail and save it for a better group.
This PUG DK we grabbed today is right up your alley, Feannag:
image.cgi

Needless to say, we 4manned the rest of the instance after that. I assumed his DPS was low because the previous encounter I was killing rifts with the hunter (above me in DPS) while the DK kept wailing away at an immune boss, but the DPS posted after my screencap of the entire run to that point had him still below 800dps. My alt needs a respec to clean up the fury tree and has only been 80 barely a week and can top 2k almost always. 800dps I can do autowanding on my priest, that's just pathetic so the tank kicked him from the group after posting meters and suggesting he reads up on how to play.

Back