PATCH DAY!!!

Prot paly is even better then I thought it was going to be, I haven't tired tanking a instance yet but while soloing I can spam, consecrate, holy shield, hammer of righteous and judgement of wisdom and still have 100% mana at the end and kill mobs faster then putting on dps gear.

Even the other services are broken. Was trying to do a paid transfer, got errors, then it was unavailable. Now it is available and it still errors. I really hope Lich King isn't going to be like this, it's pretty embarassing for a publisher like VU and a developer like Blizzard to muck up like this four years into it and with profits pretty much in the yellow side of stupid.

you are a fucking retard for trying to transfer when servers are unstable, and they whole patch day thing is fucked

If Blizzard follows what they did in BC, 30 seconds after WotLK comes out all that epic gear will be tossed aside for the first greens people pick up. I remember guild mates who had spent all their time raiding MC and other end game instances (I joined WoW rather late) gushing over quest reward gear out of Thrallmar.

You won't toss your epic gear aside as soon as you hit Northrend like you did BC.

You'll probably be 77-80 before you start changing out your gear.

But at least this time you won't look like a rainbow when you do.

you are a fucking retard for trying to transfer when servers are unstable, and they whole patch day thing is fucked

Well first the transfer service was unavailable, I will admit to that. But if they are that unstable then they shouldn't make the service active during this time, that's just asinine. They should simply make it unavailable for everyone until it simmers down rather than banking on people trying to cram it through at all hours during patch day. That's just poor business sense.

Also this is making me very pessimistic about 11/13. A lot of the beta people have said it's not ready, and this patch is a nice indication that 11/13 will probably be just as muck-filled.

Last edited:
You can't blame blizzard for you not having your head out of your ass.

I don't know if you are on archimonde, but on illidan the world server is crashing every 10 minutes, its worth than retail launch.

I've love to move over an old rogue, but i won't even try it right now

You can't blame blizzard for you not having your head out of your ass.

I don't know if you are on archimonde, but on illidan the world server is crashing every 10 minutes, its worth than retail launch.

I've love to move over an old rogue, but i won't even try it right now
My point is if the service is ultimately down/on the fritz then it should Blizzard's responsibility to shut it down and make it unavailable to everyone until this patch is fixed rather than leaving it open in the hopes some people are going to try to get in there. I'm highly skeptical such a large margin of WoWs profits hinges on paid transfers just to think closing it down temporarily won't affect it at all.

My point is if the service is ultimately down/on the fritz then it should Blizzard's responsibility to shut it down and make it unavailable to everyone until this patch is fixed rather than leaving it open in the hopes some people are going to try to get in there. I'm highly skeptical such a large margin of WoWs profits hinges on paid transfers just to think closing it down temporarily won't affect it at all.
Or they could just leave it open and take money from anyone that gets it to work.

What you're suggesting is idiotic.

Or they could just leave it open and take money from anyone that gets it to work.

What you're suggesting is idiotic.

And that's the kind of irresponsibility that lead to the economy shitting itself. Granted the impact doesn't even come close to significant compared to the major banks falling over from the too much leverage and the housing bubble popping but it's the same mechanic in practice.

And that's the kind of irresponsibility that lead to the economy shitting itself. Granted the impact doesn't even come close to significant compared to the major banks falling over from the too much leverage and the housing bubble popping but it's the same mechanic in practice.

World of Warcraft is serious business.

Even the other services are broken. Was trying to do a paid transfer, got errors, then it was unavailable. Now it is available and it still errors. I really hope Lich King isn't going to be like this, it's pretty embarassing for a publisher like VU and a developer like Blizzard to muck up like this four years into it and with profits pretty much in the yellow side of stupid.

Technically it's Activision now.

Just sayin...

I got into Rexxar fine around 6:30 PM Eastern last night. Played A LOT (even with periodic crashes and 1 restart) and even managed to try out some combat on all my alts.

Mage - DPS is way up (deep Arcane). I lost a little Spellpower in the patch, but gained a TON of haste and crit. I don't think I'll even bother putting Frostfire Bolt on my spell bar. :p:

Hunter - Exotic pets give me wood. The new pet talents are amazing. I'm not sold on the changes to Kill Command yet, but I'll adjust. Lost some crit rating because of talent issues in the MM tree, but my overall DPS is about the same. Pet damage is WAY, WAY up (and HP, and threat). There's something to be said about a pet that self-rezzes with full HP. :eek: Aspect of the Viper is SO very nice. The new Disengage is fun.

Shaman - My totem mod is broken, but it seemed like the other changes to Elemental are all positive. I spent most of my time trying to complete the 50 mounts achievement, so didn't really test out the combat like I wanted. I need to find an update for Call of Elements...

Warrior - Didn't respec, will probably go full Prot. Warriors are still boring to me for some reason.

Once again, you prove to be even more retarded than I had previously thought. Thanks for that.

Prot paly is even better then I thought it was going to be, I haven't tired tanking a instance yet but while soloing I can spam, consecrate, holy shield, hammer of righteous and judgement of wisdom and still have 100% mana at the end and kill mobs faster then putting on dps gear.

Good to know, I specced my Archimonde paladin for Prot.

Once again, you prove to be even more retarded than I had previously thought. Thanks for that.

Anyone with any real intelligence can see it, but I'll dumb it down just for you.

Scenario #1 : There is a large rock weighing maybe 130 pounds or so in a rut and you want it moved. No machinery to do so and it's too awkward to move by hand if you are that strong. There's another rock embedded int he ground nearby. You use large, strong piece of wood and wedge one end under the rock and place it over the embedded rock and use the simple machine called the Lever to move the rock out of the rut where you can now roll it elsewhere.

Scenario #2 : Up in a snowy mountain range you come across a boulder at the edge of a steep hill. Using a large rock and a strong branch, you apply the same Lever machine to move the boulder. This causes it to roll down the hill, hitting other rocks and unsettling the ground and gathering snow on the way down the hill. It then falls off a cliff and disrupts some resting snow, resulting in an avalanche that buries a village at the base of the mountains.

I'm talking about how while circumstances are completely different, the Lever machine was used in both situations. But all you people freak out about is "OMG moving a rock is not killing a village with an avalanche!" Irresponsibility in business and doing whatever it took to turn a buck regardless of conesquences, NOT that Blizzard killed our economy.

Honestly is it fun to be so simple? I'm sure it would be, because if you're stupid then you don't have as much to worry/think about than your more intelligent.

Last edited:
Back