lich king leaked talent notes

Warlocks, Hunters and Rogues do higher DPS (with equal gear) and have greater survivability. Mages do have more reliable CC and foodstuffs, but there aren't any real compelling reasons to take one over the others. Talents are also pretty bland, usually only offering a small percentage increase to DPS.

Utility spells are pretty much worthless. Frost and Fire ward are really only usefull against other mages or the occassional destro lock, and they're only effective enough to counter one offensive spell at best. Mana shield has always been a joke. Now you can take one more hit for half your mana leaving you completely helpless even if you're living slightly longer. Fantastic.

Even Slow Fall loses it's utility once you come across someone who knows they can dispel it.

there's no burst damage on anything with more than 300 resil
No...

I don't really disagree that mages are currently the worst class (although i really don't think they're bad). I also think it's dumb that their only top tier viable composition in any bracket is RMP. Hopefully they will be fixed.

However, shatter combos are among the most reliable burst damage in the game. Surpassed only by elemental shaman NS and EM, and cold blood mutilate in kidney shot. Neither of which are repeatable (in most games). And cb mutilate is inferior in damage (as well as an overall inferior spec).

Yes, I know there are plenty of counters to shatter combos, but you really only need to land one in a lot of games for it to make the difference.

I strongly recommend watching Celex's 3v3 video of duelists going for glad. It's probably the most educational PvP video I've ever watched, as it includes the vent for all fights. You'll notice he only lands one shatter combo in most games, but it almost always results in a kill.

you can steal that? I just hit 70 so im not very pro at mage and what can be done as one.

My friend wanted to do a rogue mage 2's team so i leveled one

i still maintain that hunters are in general the dumbest fucking players in the game, by far

That's because you don't fucking understand the class, its abilities, or mechanics.

You know how long it took me to tab out, right click on my G15 setup utility, and make a repeat-when-toggled macro to spam my steady shot macro? That's a lot of macroing.

In reality, if you want to see shitty ass hunters, join any BGs, look for slime shoulders. Tons of idiots out there. And for some reason, hunters love challenging me, since I'm in s3 gear. Something about the class or the morons playing it.

Hunters are just a class that attracts newer players. I mean you can basically level with only pet attack - autoshot.

sadly, autoshot and TBW is all it takes to kill my mage

Seriously, we do arena as is now. We don't even bother respec'ing. So resto druid/BM hunter is seriously pretty gimp in arena when it's all about control as a hunter/resto druid.

Anyway, we come up against this rogue mage team. I'm beating the balls out of the rogue while the mage is busy LoSing me. I just put my pet on the mage. I get the rogue down to about 20% hp and look over, the mage has 5% hp left. Apparently, I hit TBW and I was using my pve macro (with kill command), and my pet crit the mage for 900 x 3, along with frenzy and LB crits for 500-700. :lol: 2 DPS is easy as shit now as BM.

That's because you don't fucking understand the class, its abilities, or mechanics.

You know how long it took me to tab out, right click on my G15 setup utility, and make a repeat-when-toggled macro to spam my steady shot macro? That's a lot of macroing.

In reality, if you want to see shitty ass hunters, join any BGs, look for slime shoulders. Tons of idiots out there. And for some reason, hunters love challenging me, since I'm in s3 gear. Something about the class or the morons playing it.

No, I understand that some of the absolute best pvpers and dps in raids are hunters, but those are the extreme select few in compared to the rest of hunters - mainly due to what Fool said.

This is the world of warcraft forum right?

average dps in sunwell by class according to wwsscoreboard
Code:
Class Mean  Stddev  Count 
Mage 1780 306 3149 
Rogue 1723 595 2681 
Warlock 1722 400 3877

% of 3v3 teams above 2200 rating that use the PMR setup according to realmhistory.net

55%

mages are good. although i guess if you have never done t5 content in t5 gear, never set foot in sunwell, and never played a game above 1800 in the 2v2 or 3v3 brackets you might have reason to see mages as underpowered.

Last edited:
The shittiest class in Arena is a fury warrior :p

I'm just doing some 2v2 and 3v3 for farming points and me and a resto shaman actually beat people. It's amazing.

Back