lich king leaked talent notes

There is so much they could do with mages, and they just refuse. I'm fairly sure nothing will change till the current designer is either fired or quits.

Mages aren't even as magic resistant as the fucking fel-hunter. We have no AC at all, limited regen, and we're not even as good at countering or mitigating magical attacks as rogues and warriors (spell reflect and CoS). Our only counter is on a 25 second cooldown.

Some sort of improvement to mana shield is a flat out requirement. It's pretty much useless in it's current form. The choice is between if you want to live and be useless or die and be useless with mana shield currently. It should at least give a prismatic resistance to magic schools while up, or a reflection of periodic damage effects that are absorbed. Something, anything...

mages are all in all the worst overall class in the game, and I don't think any person who has played for any length of time will say otherwise

There is so much they could do with mages, and they just refuse. I'm fairly sure nothing will change till the current designer is either fired or quits.

Mages aren't even as magic resistant as the fucking fel-hunter. We have no AC at all, limited regen, and we're not even as good at countering or mitigating magical attacks as rogues and warriors (spell reflect and CoS). Our only counter is on a 25 second cooldown.

Some sort of improvement to mana shield is a flat out requirement. It's pretty much useless in it's current form. The choice is between if you want to live and be useless or die and be useless with mana shield currently. It should at least give a prismatic resistance to magic schools while up, or a reflection of periodic damage effects that are absorbed. Something, anything...

I agree, mages need some kind of wards they can use absorb specific types of spell damage, or some kind of armor that has spell resistances.

yea man, absorbing 1100 fire OR frost damage(using one puts the other on CD) every 30 seconds (when you aren't spell locked and stunned to hell) and having 18 resistance really makes mages invincible (mage armor is almost immediatly purged off buy any class)!

I want the top mage talent to be Biscuit Throw, which would allow me to throw conjured food with a 15% of being rancid and instantly killing them with food poisoning.

When I played a mage, the #1 thing I noticed that's lame is juggling all these shields. Molten Shield, Mana shield, Ice barrier, Ice armor.

They need to somehow incorporate types of shield together and work on a new concept. A lot of shit just feels redundant. Then again, my mage experience is limited to SM runs for my alt, so I don't know the class that well.

I just know as a rogue, when I open up on a mage, he's limited in what he can do to keep me off of him. As a hunter, it's not even worth discussing.

I always felt mage burst was too high, and mana usage was WAY too high. It becomes a major issue in arena (which is the only viable form of "consistent" pvp). If you can heal through a mage's initial burst, you can pretty much always beat a mage.

Edit: I have no gripes as a hunter. The only thing, if anything, is a gripe about our synergy in 5s arena. As a hunter, you practically give no benefit nor can you get benefit from the group. If you're targeted, you pretty much do no dps outside the occasional instant shots on a long distance healer.

Mages are well tuned for 5 man instances, with their CC burst damage and the small groups in 5 mans that allow you to sit down and drink while the tank sets up and pulls the next group it works well and bosses take 1-2 minutes to kill on average.

Those advantages don't scale into raiding and pvp as well as other classes.

Back