Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 2.3 Alterac Valley
Page 1 of 2
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
1 - 10-04-2007, 19:38
WOAH, didnt expect these type of dramatic change...

Quote:
As a continuing part of our improvements, we will be implementing the following changes in the next patch.

Strategy can be an important element of any battleground. We want to emphasize this in Alterac Valley more and give players additional meaning to both defending and attacking. To push the strategic element of the battleground to the next level we have changed how players maintain their reinforcements or deprive the other team of theirs.

Each team will have a starting reinforcement count. Reinforcements can be lost in significant amounts if a tower is destroyed or if Captain Galvangar or Belinda Stonehearth is killed. For each team member death, an additional reinforcement will be lost. On the death of General Drek’Thar or Vanndar Stormpike, all reinforcements are lost and the team is defeated. At any point in time, if a team is reduced to zero reinforcements, the opposing team will win the battle. Defending your own teammates, towers, and key NPCs will be an important aspect of maintaining team resources and achieving victory in Alterac Valley.

Warmasters can be the boon or the bane of any team. They are an important element for the defense of your general or the defeat of the opposing general. Warlords and their general will be more closely linked in the next patch. Pulling one is a guarantee the other will come as well. Each team begins with four Warmasters. Destroying a tower will eliminate the associated Warmaster. Unlike the current game play, however, destroying the enemy tower will not add a Warmaster to your own side.

We will be changing the pace of the battle slightly with a reduction in the time needed to control a tower or graveyard. Where it currently takes five minutes to gain control, the time will be reduced to four minutes. The honor for capturing a tower will also be increased.

Graveyards can be an important resource for getting your teammates back into the battle more quickly. Currently, players can sometimes be sent to their starting tunnels far from the battlefront. This can often be an inconvenient location to respawn and more out of the way from the action than we would like, to correct this, players will instead respawn at a team-controlled graveyard. Should the team not have a graveyard under their control, they will respawn in the starting tunnel.

Players will only be awarded bonus honor during the battle for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Once the battle is concluded, bonus honor will be awarded for intact towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in battle. The bonus honor awarded should be similar to previous totals, but will reward players for taking more active roles in Alterac Valley toward defending or attacking key locations and NPCs.

Lastly, we are changing NPC interactions within Alterac Valley. We have reduced the number of elite NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds as well as sent all Commanders and Lieutenants out of Alterac Valley. They are currently in search of other battle opportunities. This should reduce the amount of NPCs that players will have to fight and place more focus on PvP combat over key locations on the map.

Strategy is the name of the game in Alterac Valley, and these changes will bring out the need for more teamwork and coordination from both the Horde and the Alliance as they vie for domination of this battleground.
- no more commanders, lieutenants and less elites in bases

- system is a "clock" where you'll prolly have like 5000 "reinforcements" and lose them as people die, as NPC die and as you lose towers,etc.

- no more spawning in caves unless you control 0 graveyards

- no bonus honor unless you kill enemy towers

SO... no more uber-long matches and perhaps more pvp

Sponsored Links
Skei
VeteranX
Old
2 - 10-04-2007, 19:43
Battlefield 2142

Skei
VeteranX
Old
3 - 10-04-2007, 19:43
or battlefield 2

Skei
VeteranX
Old
4 - 10-04-2007, 19:45
and the honor grind is still lame

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
5 - 10-04-2007, 22:37
Or battlefield 1942

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 10-04-2007, 23:51
Okay so why do they say they are getting rid of the Commanders, who are Drek'Thar and Vanndar Stormpike, and yet they say if you manage to slay either of them you lose all reinforcements and you lose the game.

Now I haven't done AV in a while, but I'm pretty sure those two NPCs are in fact the end Commanders that you previously need to kill to win AV.

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 10-05-2007, 00:12
Those are generals, dip****.

They're not doing away with the main point of that BG. They're just changing things in order to create more of a PvP BG and less of a PvE BG.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 10-05-2007, 00:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Okay so why do they say they are getting rid of the Commanders, who are Drek'Thar and Vanndar Stormpike, and yet they say if you manage to slay either of them you lose all reinforcements and you lose the game.

Now I haven't done AV in a while, but I'm pretty sure those two NPCs are in fact the end Commanders that you previously need to kill to win AV.
Those are Generals, if you read it they say they are still there and if you kill them the AV is over.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
9 - 10-05-2007, 00:22
Quote:
Now I haven't done AV in a while, but I'm pretty sure...
Yer pretty wrong

LT/Cmd refers to the elites patrolling around midfield that folks kill for bonus honor.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 10-05-2007, 02:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
Those are Generals, if you read it they say they are still there and if you kill them the AV is over.
I did, and I remember to "win" you had to kill Drak'Thar or Vanndar and they were the "commanders". I remember the captains but it was them and the Commanders. I'm sure there were others but at the time I played (in it's present state) no one ever bothered with them so maybe I just forgot.

Xapz
VeteranX
Old
11 - 10-05-2007, 06:21
Quote:
I did, and I remember to "win" you had to kill Drak'Thar or Vanndar and they were the "commanders". I remember the captains but it was them and the Commanders. I'm sure there were others but at the time I played (in it's present state) no one ever bothered with them so maybe I just forgot.
I had forgotten how dumb you are.

Ddrakon
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 10-05-2007, 08:20
Commanders are the guys guarding the towers/bunkers. There might be a few more who patrol, too. Been a while.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
13 - 10-05-2007, 08:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrakon View Post
Commanders are the guys guarding the towers/bunkers. There might be a few more who patrol, too. Been a while.
Yes, there are like 5-6 on each side. They give bonus honor and are kinda the "engine" of honor farming since 2.0 came out. First priority is always to kill them all.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 10-05-2007, 10:23
Stonehearth and Galvanger and Drak'Thar and Vanndar were the only ones games I played people were conscerned about. I know the former two were in bunkers roughly halfway between the midfield and the base, I guess these Commanders were in the towers right next to the main hall just before you started to hit all the vendor/turn-in NPCs.

But again when I played pre-2.0 but after they took out nearly all the NPCs people would either zerg to Vannder/Drek'Thar and sometimes people would work on Stonehearth/Galvanger to "make things easier". I guess I forgot about the Generals and Lieutenants.

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 10-05-2007, 12:32
Drek and Vann are Generals.
Balinda and Galv are Captains.
Lieutenants and Commanders are the guys patrolling/guarding bunkers/graveyards.

Alliance-side, there is one in SH, one between SH and SH GY, one around SH, 2 outside Bal, one in IW, and one guarding SP GY. All I remember off the top of my head.

Going to be nice to be able to end an AV without having to kill Vann.

Slurp
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 10-05-2007, 15:41
The basic idea sounds great. I just hope the implementation goes well. Otherwise, this could easily become one huge standoff in the field of strife.

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 10-05-2007, 16:51
A standoff that would likely end in a timely manner since one of the sides will inevitably reach 0 tickets/reinforcements and lose.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
18 - 10-05-2007, 17:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralHell View Post
A standoff that would likely end in a timely manner since one of the sides will inevitably reach 0 tickets/reinforcements and lose.
Exactly.

It is hard to figure out if people will mostly rush as usual (even faster) or if they will defend, leading to a huge fight in the midfield.

It's just good that the huge zerg fights will end in a reasonable time.

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
19 - 10-05-2007, 17:18
Finally, they're giving AV what it needed from the very start -- a ****ing time limit.

Even if it turns into a huge Field of Strife cluster****, at least you can go semi-AFK defending a node knowing that it will, at the very least, end well before two hours have passed.

a$e
Veteran++
Old
20 - 10-05-2007, 17:50
**** duffy

im glad that ***** is gone

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 2.3 Alterac Valley

Social Website Bullshit