Brewfest - First Impressions

How is it broken? I mean I did it as Alliance the first few days. It's tricky but if you plan out a route and only Gallop at the start and end you can make it with easily 10 seconds to spare.

I never tried Org, moving around efficiently there is painful enough I can't imagine doing a timed run on a ram through it. Horde really should get like, Brew Wolves as mounts. What self-respecting orc or tauren would ride a goat anyway?

*edit*
They took them out due to all the /wave spamming and such. The keg run quest now gives 3 per keg and the bark quests give 40 instead of 15.
Didn't see this before, WTH... You know they could have just added Brewmasters to the other city beer gardens and had them pop up there. It's also stupid because you don't need to /wave every single time you want a mug to drink and throw, You /wave once to get a stein and you get more as you throw.

Last edited:
1. barker quest is not working
2. hourly invasion is disabled

That's pretty broken. They really showed absolutely no foresight in the design.

Fuckin' lovely... So much for getting the stuff this year, just have to wait until next year. I mean seriously, they should have mentioned how to get the throwing mugs and say you don't need to /wave every singe time to get one. Also how can you justify having an hourly event to get tickets in just one location per faction side? In the morning I was easily getting 30 - 40 tickets per invasion, but peak time rolls around you're lucky to get 5.

So now the only way to get tickets is to do a continuous keg run for however long your patience will stand.

Barker isn't broken, it just has bad quest text. You have to make it back to the quest giver in the 4 minutes or you lose.

Don't gallop, just canter or trot. (Protip: if you time your reins properly you can get a small burst of gallop or canter while still getting fatigue at the lower rank, though if you go trot>canter your fatigue doesn't decrease) I can make the IF one with 30ish seconds to spare. Jumping instead of using the ramp on the way back nets a lot of time too.

Barker isn't broken, it just has bad quest text. You have to make it back to the quest giver in the 4 minutes or you lose.

Don't gallop, just canter or trot. (Protip: if you time your reins properly you can get a small burst of gallop or canter while still getting fatigue at the lower rank, though if you go trot>canter your fatigue doesn't decrease) I can make the IF one with 30ish seconds to spare. Jumping instead of using the ramp on the way back nets a lot of time too.

The first time I tried that and took fall damage my ram tired and I missed the mark. And I was a rogue so with Catfall it was easier but the ram's fatigue was aorund 80 or so, maybe I'll try again later. You also forgot to add you need to stay on the ram to turn-in. Easier to hold the ram still by holding move backwards key.

IF though I usually hit the Bank first, and either hit Military or Mystic, and I cut around the center into Explorer's League and then cut through the center again and out. Takes some practice and a couple of minutes studying the map and it's pretty easy. I won't try the Horde side, just getting to the Valley of spirits from the entrance is bad enough.

It doesnt trigger the objectives on many servers as of this morning, so you folks saying "it's not broken"... please stop and think about what folks are saying.

So what is the way to get those "free boosts" on a ram? Clearly you click the reins a set number of times to get it to that speed, but you have to keep clicking at an interval to keep it at that speed or the ram will slow down. So anyone know how many clicks does it take to get to each speed level and the best method to click to keep it at a certain speed?

So what is the way to get those "free boosts" on a ram? Clearly you click the reins a set number of times to get it to that speed, but you have to keep clicking at an interval to keep it at that speed or the ram will slow down. So anyone know how many clicks does it take to get to each speed level and the best method to click to keep it at a certain speed?

I tossed it onto my bar, bound to shirt-v

It's pretty simple once you practice with it, to maintain a trot.

If you are doing the barrel delivery, you can keep the ram and a gallop the whole time - but you have to hit the apple barrels on each trip, or your ram will become exhausted. There's a mid-point barrel and one barrel on each end.

I usually hit the mid-field, pick up the barrel and head back to the mid-field, then boot it back to start - I'm at top speed for nearly the whole run.

I did the keg run and got maybe 60 tickets or so until my timer ran out. From the looks of it he gives you an extra 15 seconds for each keg you bring back. Problem alliance-side is the barrel is beyond the keg-chucker in Kharanos so you lose time getting to that barrel. Also the other side the barrel is inside the tent behind the turn-in NPC so you risk getting stuck in the tent and losing time.

The lack of Dark Irons makes getting enough tickets for rams so much more of a chore.

Back