Next expansion: Wrath of the Lich King?

This is fucking stupid. What was the point of putting in shit like Black Temple if they're going to announce that all of its rewards will be obsolete before even 1% of the player base gets them? Everyone can just skip grinding heroics now, since the lvl 71 drops will be better than anything from Kara, BT, or SS.

if this was set to be released in the next 3-6 months, i agree w/you. if its more than 6 months away i would say that seems about right, maybe slightly early.

Uhh...as long as the game is going, there will be better gear coming, so by your logic what is the point of ever going for better gear?

its an endless cycle. they will always have expansions. they make close to $1 billion in subscriber fees every year and then the expansion will make them another $300+ million. They don't care much about how much time it took for you to get your items. The only thing you can really "keep" is getting characters to 70...then you're time isn't in vain so to speak.

This is fucking stupid. What was the point of putting in shit like Black Temple if they're going to announce that all of its rewards will be obsolete before even 1% of the player base gets them? Everyone can just skip grinding heroics now, since the lvl 71 drops will be better than anything from Kara, BT, or SS.

Considering the expansion's probably a year away, its not quite so stupid

god i hope it's not a year away...is that confirmed in any way or just speculative?

i hope they do one expansion a year, just so i can see new content...fuck all the hardcore grinders

Speculation. However, the guys at Wowinsider said the playable demo today was extraordinarily unfinished, and much of what Blizzard has been showing off has been more art-based than actual screenshots from what I've seen

Speculation. However, the guys at Wowinsider said the playable demo today was extraordinarily unfinished, and much of what Blizzard has been showing off has been more art-based than actual screenshots from what I've seen

The trailer they have out now is pretty much "in-game" though it does feel very much unfinished. There's enough work on it to justify a workable build, at least enough for a showing at Blizzcon. Not really sure why they would hash out a build like that specifically to show it off at their own con but I guess when you have 9 milllion accounts you can afford to pull something like that?

I'd be surprised to see it out before 12 months is up.

Last edited:
Every old world dungeon should have a heroic option. It's the same unfortunate thing that happened to EQ with 75% of the game world empty every single day. They opened a server that evolved from the original release but it was only a one time fix.

I'm pretty sure I didn't replace my tier 3 going from 60-70....hell, I didn't replace my full t2.5 going from 60-70 on my alt either. It's safe to say I won't be replacing my full t6 in the same amount of time.

I think this will be great. I just started the game 4 months ago, and I am a level 50 druid. After messing with a mage and a warlock to level 30 before learning to love the druid.

My brother has been 70 for a while, and this will give us a chance to actually DO something together.

I always thought that they'd make a heroic option for lvl 60 instances with new loot. *shrug*

And lets be honest here, we are all going to buy and play the expansion, regardless of the intelligence some may question in it's arrival.

I think this will be great. I just started the game 4 months ago, and I am a level 50 druid. After messing with a mage and a warlock to level 30 before learning to love the druid.

My brother has been 70 for a while, and this will give us a chance to actually DO something together.

I fuckin' hate druids with a passion. Well the Shattered Halls/Deathwing Alliance ones anyway. They will never fight you unless they are 100% convinced they can win and if they can't they turn tail and run.

Biggest cowards ever...

world of raids has a summary of day 1 and updated info from today as it's released

TONS of sweet shit is gonna get added/changed

Back