Warlock buffs next patch.

ZProtoss

10,000++
They posted a new update. The two big ones are the following:

Biggest (By far):

Spellstones will increase spell crit % when equipped. (Probably by 2% or more)

Firestones will increase spell fire damage when equipped.

sounds interesting

it's probably *not* going to be worth taking the 1h stats hit to carry them but maybe for just pvp stuff? who knows, sounds like we're getting love either way

Last edited:
ZProtoss said:

Biggest (By far):

You have a disgustingly homosexual voice.

ZProtoss said:

Biggest (By far):

I thought the fact that Enslave will no longer be dispellable/purgable/etc at all now was better. That update was still pretty weak in comparison to what Warriors and Druids have gotten (a point by point breakdown of things stating this is the way things are, this is the way things should be and here's why) but it was still better than the last "update" we recieved.

the spellstone buff is fucking nice. i want to unshelf my warlock now.

cap of scarlet savant, eye of the beast, inventor's focal sword, spellstone... i miss anything? that's a lot of crit.

shadow mastery, devastation, curse of shadows, and ruin. unbelievable nukage w/ shadowbolts.

sekdar said:
the spellstone buff is fucking nice. i want to unshelf my warlock now.

cap of scarlet savant, eye of the beast, inventor's focal sword, spellstone... i miss anything? that's a lot of crit.

shadow mastery, devastation, curse of shadows, and ruin. unbelievable nukage w/ shadowbolts.

do you have cap of the scarlet servent? If so.. congrats. That is a lot of shit plus 300g.

FalseMyrmidon said:
I thought the fact that Enslave will no longer be dispellable/purgable/etc at all now was better. That update was still pretty weak in comparison to what Warriors and Druids have gotten (a point by point breakdown of things stating this is the way things are, this is the way things should be and here's why) but it was still better than the last "update" we recieved.

agreed, but im not gonna complain tho.

actually, i even realized that ShardBags could potentially be very cool if they can hold like 20+ shards. at lvl 60, i tend to have a 16-slot bag always filed. if a special bag exists, perhaps it means i dont take up space in MORE than one bag.

but the real issue is gonna be Enslave. if they want warlocks to add flavor to battlegrounds, they need to get a handle on that... fast.

sekdar said:
how on earth are they useless?

just compared to other classes i mean

8 slot debuff limit... taking extremely long to kill something when pvp is usually about burst damage..

in group pvp the succubus/fear combo thing is basically irrelevant

no one would ever choose a warlock over a mage for group pvp.. since they basically act like a very weak mage who can summon

what is your alt skedar103?

i would take a warlock over a mage in pvp for fear...

fear is disgustingly useful, esp when you consider psychic scream and howl of terror

the only thing a mage has is polymorph, but players break that in ~15 seconds... consider fear, soulstones and seduction and the choice it pretty obvious if you ask me.

in a large scale batte we have aoe's and curses...

people really underestimate warlocks

polymorph broken in 15 seconds? uh.. try 30+
i think you have fear and polymorph mixed up...

mages have silence, cone of cold, frost nova, arcane missles, fireball, frostbolt, ice barrier... they have more dps and a little less cc, but more defense. and they're getting a whole new shield with mana regen.

Last edited:
Forensic said:
just compared to other classes i mean

8 slot debuff limit... taking extremely long to kill something when pvp is usually about burst damage..

in group pvp the succubus/fear combo thing is basically irrelevant

no one would ever choose a warlock over a mage for group pvp.. since they basically act like a very weak mage who can summon

what is your alt skedar103?
you are exactly right.

we are worthless for the most part. the 1 thing i find we are useful for, is if you're doing MC or something, and you have 3+ warlocks, you can ss the main tank, if he dies, he'll reincarnate, have another warlock ss him midfight, rinse and repeat...

we give healthstones, we give a stam buff, and we give summons.

we are gimped mages with a couple extra cheesetastic spells.

oh yeah, banish is a good spell. useful in MC, feels nice to be needed in a fight and not because some fucking faggot wants to finish grinding on fucking whatever in azshara so he can get a summon at the last second....

i fucking HATE how people are lazy asses because of summons, summon is a 24/7 curse on warlocks, the irony...

Last edited:
Back