Can't decide what to play when I resub

The caster soloers (warlocks and mages) take a bit of time to get up to speed, usually lack of fun talents and less spell diversity at lower levels, but they are a lot more fun than hunters and rogues at the later levels. Hunters are usually hands-down the fastest levellers with the least amount of experience/intelligence. Once you get a pet it's so easy to level you barely have to think about it. Problem with hunters though is it gets boring fast. Rogues are a little more interesting, but they seem more gear-dependent in my book. If you don't stay on top of the gear (especially weapons) it results in more bandaging/eating after fights.

I have found warlocks to have been a chore until lvl 20 or 30, My only real peeve with them is when you get a new minion he's reasonably worthless until you gain like 6 - 8 levels so it can learn better spells/skills. As for Horde side, if you really want to see what it's been like get to 60 and do the Onyxia Attunement series, that's always fun ;)

I'll go ahead and stick up for priests here. Leveling a shadow priest has been a blast. Once you get shadowform it's insane. You do tons of damage, tank mobs fine, never run out of mana, heal yourself and others, give yourself and others mana as you do damage. You can heal in 5 mans just fine, or you can go shadow and do lots of DPS which turns into backup healing. PVP is fun and with the exception of priest vs. Beast mastery hunters is very balanced, both solo and group.

On top of these priest just has abilities that really make the class fun. Levitate (works on water), mind vision, mind control, other things you may find amusing.

Last night I was lvl 68 in nagrand and needed to bag 55 lvl 66 mobs to level. I did all of them in 25 minutes with not one mana break, just two uses of the shadowfiend. I have played to endgame a warrior, mage, and priest (close nuff) and can easily say that in terms of being balanced and amusing, the priest takes the cake.

Back