GG's PvE to get PvP items in 2.3

Ickz

Veteran XX
Posted by Kalgan on official forums.

There are a few new pvp oriented trinkets for 2.3.

All versions of the trinket have a click effect to gain 1750 max health (kind of like the old lifegiving gem effect), along with a passive effect (your choice of 47 spell damage, 40 spell crit rating, 80 attack power, 40 melee crit rating, or 88 healing).
Actually, they cost badges of justice, which will also be available off Kara and Zul Aman bosses.

Also rumors of the PvP cloaks that were released earlier this week would also cost badges. Unfortunetly, this "makes sense" since Blizzard stated there would be many more items to purchase from the heroic vendors. The best part is this statement - also by Kalgan.

We like to encourage players to mix it up a little to a reasonable extent. Obviously, I can't argue that you personally will have more total fun if you also do a little PvE to go along with your PvP, but we do feel that for most players it adds up to a better overall play experience.

That being said, you certainly can tank heroics in s2 gear.
<<< LOL

Sigh, going to be sad if this is the future of non-arena items.

Grinding the same fuckin 5mans again for my S3 pvp trinkets. :D

In reality, if zul aman drops them then that's where most iwll get them.

Honestly, the trinket's don't sound that great - if they also healed the hp on use like the old-old lifegiving, then they would be great. I suppose they wouldn't be bad for someone who gets focused on a lot, but I'll definitely be sticking with my bloodlust brooch.

Hopefully the trinkets are the only new pvp items thing that requires badges.

Honestly, the trinket's don't sound that great - if they also healed the hp on use like the old-old lifegiving, then they would be great. I suppose they wouldn't be bad for someone who gets focused on a lot, but I'll definitely be sticking with my bloodlust brooch.

Hopefully the trinkets are the only new pvp items thing that requires badges.

They do HEAL you like the old life giving gem. He says that in his quote.

Mmm, I think by old, he means old as in lvl-60-item old, not as in the old, pre nerf, effect. He says you gain 1750 MAX health. Doesn't sound like it heals you.

its like a last stand. it increases your Health by 1750 points. However, when that ends you're gonna lose 1750 health.. thats if its like the old gem was or like Last Stand works.

It basically keeps you alive 2 more hits, and its not that great imo. Not worth farming badges over really.

what i find annoying is how this doesnt have resil and they are basing their itemization here on the idea that some people are maxing out.

well if u played since season 1 you should be pretty close.

I lvl'd my warrior and only had enough time for 2 season 1 pieces, but now i've got 2 s1, 2 s2, throwing, all my honor pieces and about to buy pvp trinket.

getting pretty close to where i'd rather have some diff stats in the budget then resil. but i guess each class is diff.

we also will take a 35 resil hit once the new set bonus changes take effect

its like a last stand. it increases your Health by 1750 points. However, when that ends you're gonna lose 1750 health.. thats if its like the old gem was or like Last Stand works.

It basically keeps you alive 2 more hits, and its not that great imo. Not worth farming badges over really.

good for healers

If you run 1 heroic mech a week when the patch comes out you will have the badges to get it. If you don't like PVE I am sure you will be fine even without the trinket.

Overall there are not many items for each class to buy with heroic badges, if you run heroics to try to get some some epic drops off the last bosses you will find that you end up with spare badges. Crafters can burn up badges by getting nethers, but most people get a couple of nice items then have no thing else to spend them on.

With a static 47 +dmg that's an upgrade over Icon of the Silver Crescent anyways so I know unless I get a Skull of Guldan I'd use it (I hate click-to-use trinkets, Guldan I'd use for its 55 static +dmg moreso than taking advantage of the haste effect).

Either way there's a new cloak with better stats than the old one and hopefully it won't be shitstain brown so that's a plus.

I like the option of doing some heroics for badges to buy PVP items because with my work schedule I've never been able to sit in battlegrounds for hours upon hours to farm honor. I can however run a couple heroics for badges on an offnight.

Arena is a blast for me and many others. If you don't like it or any of the other types of pvp, then that's your opinion.

Because you can't be an idiot to succeed in arena?

No, because you can. Sub 1500 rating teams still get gear just fine. Play 10 games a week and don't kill a single person and you will eventually get your purple. But that's been covered already.

Secondly, a gamer's skill level to play well at any facet of wow (pvp or pve) is way below that of any fps.

I got hooked into WoW because of the lore and storyline. If I knew that I'd end up stuck in some shitty arena over and over I wouldn't have bothered.

No, because you can. Sub 1500 rating teams still get gear just fine. Play 10 games a week and don't kill a single person and you will eventually get your purple. But that's been covered already.

Secondly, a gamer's skill level to play well at any facet of wow (pvp or pve) is way below that of any fps.

I got hooked into WoW because of the lore and storyline. If I knew that I'd end up stuck in some shitty arena over and over I wouldn't have bothered.

Sub 1500 is not successful. Waiting like 8 weeks just to pick up a purple? Also with s3 and a rating check it'll be too bad for the scrubs that can't cut it.

Apples to oranges.

I've been playing WoW for over 2 years and still going strong to it mainly because I'm lucky enough to land myself in a great guild.

I question your definition of "success" in arena.

Back