Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

Tribes is about two teams squaring off. A online sport if you will, where you can see parallels between sports men play in real life. The more garbage added the more it moves away from this.

Add vehicles? Lets just add a huge base with addons, if you are allowed to add enough stuff you eventually make a nuclear missile and that missile kills everyone at the bad guys base, yeah that would be great.

There has to be a point where you stop.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you - but using this analysis for tribes 1 is to say that LT was the purest form of the game, since it had the least amount of flare or addons and was really 5 players vs 5 players and a flag.

For the record, I really enjoyed T1, T2 Classic and LT - I might go as far as to say that I enjoyed the sport of LT as much as I enjoyed the game play of T1 base.

How much do quality artists do this shit for in the freelance world? How many hours does one need to vest into developing the basic models for the game? It can't be that expensive.

How much do quality artists do this shit for in the freelance world? How many hours does one need to vest into developing the basic models for the game? It can't be that expensive.

hah

I do freelance 3D work for $40/hr minimum

a pro would probably charge around $120-150 /hr minimum and could probably do a whole textured and rigged model in like 5-7 days (4-8 hours a day actual work). Animation would probably take another 5 days, then who knows how long tweaking things to look right in-game.

I remember a studio in houston, tx around 5-6 years ago that quoted a client $9,000 to create an animated character.

Last edited:
apparently i'm retarded, but where is the video? i click on media and get six screenshots, link to video is evasive :<

Hi all.
The first video can be found on our moddb page here:
Rise mod for Crysis - Mod DB
We also have some minor updates on our main site: Project Rise
Apologies things have been a bit slow on the updating front lately, but work is moving along slowly.
Some internal changes to the team have taken place recently and we're gearing up for the next video release. No specific date for that yet, but we're basically aiming for a more or less polished LT mode for the video. Fingers crossed will be within the next 3 weeks.
Cheers.

I may get a new computer just for this.
edit: that video looks amazing.

Last edited:
I can't wait. I bought Crysis and new MB/video card for this. Crysis online sucks btw. I stopped playing it 3 weeks after buying it.

looks awesome

only thing i notice is how is skiing going to work both ways?

you can get down mountains fine, but it doesn't look like you get nearly enough speed to make it back up the next mountain

This footage was done way back in May last year, and in hindsight we should of labeled it as proof of concept :)
The ski code has been through about 8 rewrites since then, and still going through another right now. Amongst other model related issues, this has so far been the single hardest element so implement. We're getting there now though.
I'll try to remember to do a demo of skiing up / down hills in the next video :)

imo you should get LT working to the point of beta (light armor/skiing/flying/light weapon loadout) and start a small beta for the community here to test.

since its a TC and not an original concept, i don't guess you'll be selling or marketing it for profit.

please don't make us wait another 1-2+ yrs before we can even touch the game cuz by then no one will care anymore

Don't worry, that's exactly the plan :)
We do actually have an extremely basic LT working right now, with full multiplayer CTF.
However it's certainly not in a form that we'd like to showcase right now.
The next few weeks should see some rapid development work on polishing up and sorting out current issues. This doesn't involve all the members of the team so we've also been accelerating some foundation work into this phase, so the basics of the radar system are now in (ie back to T1 radar, with finite range and expandable via deployables), armour class basics are now in, inventory system basics are in. All still WIP of course, but should result in our next phase (the whole thing) being much quicker to progress.

Andrew isn't involved at all.
I wouldn't imagine these nicks will mean anything, but we have Ins from the Crymod site, Fabifott (T:V modder), Starwaster (another Crysis modder) and I get stuck in when I find time between sorting everything else out :)
They are all very experienced coders and scripters, as we're not only dealing with C++ but LUA scripting as well.

Last edited:
ie back to T1 radar, with finite range and expandable via deployables), armour class basics are now in, inventory system basics are in.

sounds awesome. I've been wondering how this was going. best of luck!

also I've enjoyed both the crysis SP games, but have never gone online because gamespy wants the actual password to your email, whats that about? will you also require that kind of thing?

Back