ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

I haven't looked at em, I just thought lol, hell I don't even care if you used the T2 skins until they could be updated.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to something worthy of the tribes name, that doesn't involve a grappling hook.

Nice work guys.

Don't forget beacons, especially the part where they can be used for hanging, stopping and bouncing straight up.

I'll pick up ET:QW for this as well. Awesome stuff!

I don't .... DANCE!

Targeting laser is a must to waypoint mortars :p

There are tons of things that I'd love to do with the project that I probably won't be able to do in the near term. And this sort of falls in line with what I was wanting to do with ETQW and Tribes. I had originally drafted a much larger project that covered the scope of all that was needed for a full Tribes game. Some of the basic aspects like physics and jetting would be similar to T1, but the more broad game play mechanics would be a bit like ETQW.

One of the ideas I came up with is turning the targeting laser into more than a little green thing that you can shoot mortars at. I had actually wanted to turn it into a command map conduit so you can control and assign various objectives to your team without having to deal with a clunky interface and leaving yourself vulnerable in the meantime. Instead of spotting an enemy or targeting a place to spam mortars. You'd enter a few key presses (like v chat) and point at the location of interest to assign a specific command to your team. Any of your team mates can select that mission with a waypoint and complete it successfully to receive points. Ideally the whole thing would be quick enough to assign a command and use the laser in 3-4 seconds or under.

I don't think we'll have the time to put in full blown deployables or 3 armor classes yet. Perhaps it's something the community can pick up on and get working themselves.

Arcanox Who did those models for the light? They did a great job. I cant believe you are the only person working on this mod. It always amazes me when you see a small project produce better looking stuff then a commercial one.

Last edited:
Arcanox Who did those models for the light? They did a great job. I cant believe you are the only person working on this mod. It always amazes me when you see a small project produce better looking stuff then a commercial one.

I did all the models myself. I'm not the only person working on the mod though, there are some other very talented people who have contributed a lot.

I worry a little about all the hyped up expectations. I think it will be good, but I'm a little uncomfortable with people labeling it as the savior of Tribes. It has quite a ways to go before it can meet those expectations. That's just my general take on things though, I tend to undervalue my own accomplishments. What I've done so far is pretty much small potatoes to me :D

The only thing that can really save the Tribes legacy is a well funded group of vet Tribes devs working with a modern version of the Torque engine, that actually works.

Neither exists at this time.

So we can always pretend with these mods & amateur efforts.

While I question the motives of anyone trying to resurrect Tribes, I'm always supportive of people's hard work. Considering this is a TC and not a completely new game you're not going to have as much work as a new game, but more than a Mod. Good luck, work hard, and don't listen to what anyone here says about anything but bugs. :)

I'm sure if someone digged hard enough, they could find the thread where the ET:QW Tribes mod was doomed for failure too lol

I'm pretty sure net code has already killed the project, but I'm not trying to be a party killer. Continue...

Blast from the past: ET:TW by ZOD - TribalWar Forums

I actually had ZOD put in some of his advice when the mod started up along with Andrew. He hasn't had much time for it since, but I may consider getting him to consult on balancing the game play when things are feature complete.

On the subject of netcode, what was designed for Vanilla QW isn't ideal for our project and that's why we're making adjustments. It won't be an issue for much longer. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Back