[MAP PACK] Released At Last

Homerpf said:
People not wanting to give the new gametype a chance will be pissed when their opinions are not taken into account later on.

Didn't know any one was publicly consulted on this to begin with. If no one's opinion was taken into account on this to begin with, why should we think it should be different later on?

Validuz said:
Only the [strike]newbies[/strike] cheaters will complain, because they are just so used to the idea of spawning in medium like their [strike]newbie[/strike] cheater mods; [strike]Renegaydes [/strike] AimBot/HappyMod.

Sorry, but 3/4 of the people [strike]bitching [/strike] not cheating, haven't even tried [strike]it[/strike] cheating yet.

Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz
Only the newbies cheaters will complain, because they are just so used to the idea of spawning in medium like their newbie cheater mods; Renegaydes AimBot/HappyMod.

Sorry, but 3/4 of the people bitching not cheating, haven't even tried it cheating yet.

Fixed.

:lol:

Don't forget.. that shit came from base ;-)

But good one Gandalf :D

OMG. So many retards. A mod?? Get a fucking clue. It is a mappers choice how the map plays. How many turrets, how many mines, how steep the hills are. mod my arse!

So far all I've heard is a noisey couple of people shouting "Don't fence me in"

Get in there and play the game, stop whinging as though your freedom of speech has been repressed. Don't like the maps don't play them.

Cindercast. Don't release a second pack. That would make you a complete bastard. Let Giess do what he said he will do. Let the pack settle in for a week or two then make adjustments if required. Undermining him like that is rude and shameful.

Well, that's that. There will now be three versions of some of these maps. The community has struck again.

This community would split over grape or strawberry jelly. (Too omany goddamn children here).

BTW, Cindercarst, do you plan to maintain YOUR map pack seperately? You do understand that testing is underway for the VM pack? I suggest you test yours seperately as it will surely be different and diverge from VM. :)

Edit - Geezus, the number of clone mappacks is multiplying before my eyes. What is that I smell ... Teen Spirit ... naw ... Bullshit.

Last edited:
mentasm said:
OMG. So many retards. A mod?? Get a fucking clue. It is a mappers choice how the map plays. How many turrets, how many mines, how steep the hills are. mod my arse!

So far all I've heard is a noisey couple of people shouting "Don't fence me in"

Get in there and play the game, stop whinging as though your freedom of speech has been repressed. Don't like the maps don't play them.

Cindercast. Don't release a second pack. That would make you a complete bastard. Let Giess do what he said he will do. Let the pack settle in for a week or two then make adjustments if required. Undermining him like that is rude and shameful.

"Don't fence me in" indeed.

I'll do as I please, seeing as my maps were included and it's a "mapper's choice", I'll choose this route. You don't have to play these maps though. And it's not like I'm alone in this endeavor. I've already got a good bit of support in switching these maps to the proper spawns.

I have nothing but <3 for Geiss, but I can't let this sort of decision go. I was never consulted, and by the response I've gotten back from a few other mappers neither were they.

Call me a bastard if you like, your opinion is your opinion. But I'm going ahead with it.

mentasm said:

Evidently it is NOT the mappers choice how the map plays.
I don't know of any mappers that were asked about this. My map was simply changed out of the blue.
*I* will release a version of Mino the way I intended it to be played. And my team will probably release a version of the map pack that has the original maps in it. Probably call it the NFW map pack for "Not Fucked With".
I think it's pretty unconscionable that Geiss fucked with people's maps without their permission. Sure it's legal. So what. It's fundamentally wrong to take what someone worked hard to produce and screw with it like that. No different from DSEZ. It also does a lot to discourage people from making further maps.

JimBodkins said:
Well, that's that. There will now be three versions of some of these maps. The community has struck again.

This community would split over grape or strawberry jelly. (Too omany goddamn children here).

BTW, Cindercarst, do you plan to maintain YOUR map pack seperately? You do understand that testing is underway for the VM pack? I suggest you test yours seperately as it will surely be different and diverge from VM. :)

If that's what has to happen, so be it. I don't like that it's come to this, but I was pretty much decieved when it came to this whole thing. Changing the position of base actors is one thing, fucking with the dynamics of a game in the guise of a map pack is quite another.

Cinderkarst said:
If that's what has to happen, so be it. I don't like that it's come to this, but I was pretty much decieved when it came to this whole thing. Changing the position of base actors is one thing, fucking with the dynamics of a game in the guise of a map pack is quite another.

Hey bud, nothing personal, but its a map pack. Bush has deceived you, Geiss may have been hasty - or overwhelmed - but he didnt deceive anyone.

Lend me a dollar - says I, with no intention of ever repaying it. That's deception. An oversight isnt deception.

I just dont understand the haste. But this will fracture a split community. There will be the 'Carst camp, the Geiss camp and the - god help us - N_Devo camp. And that assumes it stops with the three of ya. Which versions do you intend to use in matches? Yours, N_Devo's, Geiss's or the originals. If an original author changes his own map, what does he do next? Contact you, Geiss, N_Devo .... the president?

But it's done. This may be the final nail. God help newbies in pubs.

hahaha .. the mappers are "suppose" to save T:V with the map packs and you guys can't even agree on this ... sure glade you guys are hard at work saving T:V ... glade to see there will be multiple version of the same maps so players can split on which one they want to play ... ya ... that's it ... split up those players ... so many to choose from ....

Well, there's only one map pack at present and thats what I'll be playing.

Fucking nice work giess. Happy as Larry here. (may Junk, Cavern and Utopia DIE)

JimBodkins said:
Hey bud, nothing personal, but its a map pack. Bush has deceived you, Geiss may have been hasty - or overwhelmed - but he didnt deceive anyone.

Lend me a dollar - says I, with no intention of ever repaying it. That's deception. An oversight isnt deception.

I just dont understand the haste. But this will fracture a split community. There will be the 'Carst camp, the Geiss camp and the - god help us - N_Devo camp. And that assumes it stops with the three of ya. Which versions do you intend to use in matches? Yours, N_Devo's, Geiss's or the originals. If an original author changes his own map, what does he do next? Contact you, Geiss, N_Devo .... the president?

But it's done. This may be the final nail. God help newbies in pubs.

Changing the spawn points to Light on nearly thirty maps isn't an oversight. Deception might be a bit strong of a word, but two maps that I created on were changed in a way I don't agree with and without my permission (and I worked on the pack). Saying they don't belong to me anymore does NOT sit well with me.

I'm holding off of doing anything until I talk to Geiss tonight. I understand he has a lot on his plate, and I respect him for taking the time to compile this pack.

The pack will take a while to compile anyway, it's not something that can be done instantly or lightly.

I'm not going to argue this, or allow an otherwise intelligent man to get away with a comment like that. The oversight was not discussing it with you. He clearly discussed it with people - Homerpf's responses would indicate as much. Should he have contacted you - or all the mappers - probably. It wasnt a willfull artfull dodge on his part not to contact you however. If anyone has cause, it's IG. What was done to your map compared to the IG maps?

JimBodkins said:
I'm not going to argue this, or allow an otherwise intelligent man to get away with a comment like that. The oversight was not discussing it with you. He clearly discussed it with people - Homerpf's responses would indicate as much. Should he have contacted you - or all the mappers - probably. It wasnt a willfull artfull dodge on his part not to contact you however. If anyone has cause, it's IG. What was done to your map compared to the IG maps?

He probably discussed it with people, yes. Igloo, HeavyO, Val, and Homerpf are at least a few people he's talked to about it. But since I'm on the same IRC channel as him for the better part of the day, I would hope that I would hear of a change like that. When I turned in my edits for the VM pack, the spawns were as the original author intended. No input from other mappers, no input from the community at large, and he changes a very important variable. It changes the very dynamics of how the game is played. The base game dictates that players usually spawn in medium. Period.

And now suddenly, on 29 maps, players spawn in light. Explain that to the n00bs.

Again, I have nothing but <3 for Geiss. I was happy that this pack was being made, and readily contributed what and when I could to make sure it happened. As one of the people who not only have maps IN the pack, but also EDITED some of them, I'd like to know what's being done with my work.

As for IG, if they'd like to voice their displeasure they should. But I doubt it, seeing as they've been MIA for ages now. I'm sure as hell voicing mine.

Like I said, I'm going to discuss this with Geiss and see why he did it. As one of the foremost people in the small T:V community, he deserves that much.

Last edited:
Unfortunately if it was the mapper's choice how the map was played, 90% of all maps would be shitty for competition. Maps are going to be edited so they will be half decent for comp play like it or not.

Geiss didn't come directly to us for anything, we had been testing out the maps for a week or two and found a lot of bugs. We took notes on the bugs and gave it to Geiss in which he fixed them. I'm sorry but thats more than most of you can say.

Back