[MAP PACK] Released At Last

There is at least one mapper that has expressed displeasure with the map they created being altered in this manner.

I also have stated to you in IRC directly that this is a mod, not a mappack and I stand by that analysis. Fact is, regardless of what you and the vets (which is a fucking joke btw) think what they think is more credible than someone like myself, who has been playing Tribes since March 1999, but has never registered here at the lovely confounds of TribalWar until last year, makes me sick. You prove without a shadow of any doubt, that you have a holier than thou attitude about this and that you cannot admit when you made a mistake and you need to fix it.

Geiss. Being wrong is not an easy pill to swallow but this community has heralded almost every fucking thing you have ever said or done to this point. Fix this mistake and lets use this outstanding effort of a mappack for competition as it was intended from Day One.. medium spawn.

Now, having said that, I love autoturreting. I have to admit that this change, albeit one that I would love to see, should not be in a map. It also should be left to a mod. I cannot call you out for your mistake without pointing out my obvious mistake as well.

Thanks in advance of making the right choice Geiss.

Only the newbies will complain, because they are just so used to the idea of spawning in medium like their newbie mods; Renegaydes.

Sorry, but 3/4 of the people bitching, haven't even tried it yet.

Val,
um back in the days of t1(before you started playing), renegades was one of the first mods out there and most successful. you're post is completely invalid.

Validuz said:
Only the newbies will complain, because they are just so used to the idea of spawning in medium like their newbie mods; Renegaydes.

Sorry, but 3/4 of the people bitching, haven't even tried it yet.
:rolleyes:

G|ga said:
So far there are two groups of people crying... the first group plays Shifter/Renegades, so fuck them and their opinion. The second group (where you fit in), haven't tried it yet and are too afraid of a possibly great change.

It's a WHOPPING 25hp less, it's faster (chasing, etc), and it dies in one mortar shot just like the medium. Just try it. I did, and I thought it was great. It brought some usefullness back to defense and deployable invos. You're basically not useless once your base gets taken out.

Last edited:
You cry while you are invalidate anyone who didn't play pure base, right?

Don't look in the mirror moron.

Scenario:

I am a light armor fave guy. I don't want to stay and support the base and my defense when we are under assault, so if I set a portable invo, I can just spawn and leave and have fun playing my version of how I see the game.

I hope that clears things up for us newbs who you invalidate b/c we don't have a Vet tag on. :lol:

Stop now before you expose yourself any further.

Last edited:
|CO|Kapeket!! said:
You cry while you are invalidate anyone who didn't play pure base, right?

Don't look in the mirror moron.
I hated (with a passion) T2 Base. So no, I'm not a "play pure Base" kind of guy. Classic was the best thing to every happen to T2. And yes, when I was a super newbie in T1, I played mods, so I know exactly what you're thinking. However, I have long since moved out of that stage of playing newbie shit mods.

Scenario:

I am a light armor fave guy. I don't want to stay and support the base and my defense when we are under assault, so if I set a portable invo, I can just spawn and leave and have fun playing my version of how I see the game.
Listen, Shifter newbie. If you don't like being able to spawn in light, no one is forcing you to play the maps. I don't like the overpowered grapple/shield, but I still play TV. Basically it comes down to whether you like playing TV as a whole or not.

I hope that clears things up for us newbs who you invalidate b/c we don't have a Vet tag on. :lol:

Stop now before you expose yourself any further.
Who gives a shit about a vet tag? I'm looking at you and your team, which is complete newbie shit. I am totally shocked you think I'm going to sit by while a couple of total fucking newbies from Shifter try and mold the way the new maps could be released as. Now stfu and run along, newbie.

Last edited:
OMFG

Will you guys fucking cool it?

As I said, I was taken by suprise by this particular change too. I'm not sure if it's really a good idea or not. I'm gonna go find some servers running these maps and try it out. See how it works.

'Nuff fucking said.

And Val, for the fucking love of god, even tho I'm more or less arguing your side of things, you need to STFU with all this throwing around of "newb" as an insult. Fuck it makes you look stupid.

SmOkkin' Joe said:
Val,
um back in the days of t1(before you started playing), renegades was one of the first mods out there and most successful. you're post is completely invalid.

This isn't a T1 vs. T2 issue in any sense and Joe is correct.

Make maps if you want new maps but don't make mods unless you are willing to give credit where credit is due. Havok, Renegades, Shifter all did wonderfully in T1. T2 had innumerous mods that were creative and also carry the same credits.

Again, this is a mod. It should be treated as such and a ladder should be setup for it immediately! But as I stated last night in IRC, why not add autoturreting to all maps, remove the pods, remove the rover, add an APC, etc... this is a slippery slope in which a handful of people who think they speak for an entire community have handed out a mandate, an agenda, that they alone have decided is what Tribes needs.

The best thing for Tribes is no mods. This coming from a guy who played mods in T1 and T2. But the limited community for TV doesn't need to be parse or forced to have your mod pushed on us with a mappack where even some mappers are displeased with the change. Talk about messing with someone's work.. holy shit.

I again, applaud alot of what Geiss stands for. I am not a yes man so when shit is messed up, it needs pointed out and it looks like alot of people see the same thing.

But our opinions don't count because we have played Tribes since the beginning but somehow, decided not to dive into the TribalWar pool of laughter and fun. :D

Myopia is curable. Go see a doctor please.

Val.

You are a cunt.

That being said, you call us Shifter newbs but obviously, you haven't read my posts.

I am for base, I am for new maps, I am for keeping status quo for a game that cannot, repeat, cannot afford to have guys like you twist it as they see fit b/c they want to relive their youth, as if anyone cares.

Anytime you want to discuss this game indepth, I am available. You might learn a lesson or two.. if you can take off the horseblinders.

BitRaiser said:
And Val, for the fucking love of god, even tho I'm more or less arguing your side of things, you need to STFU with all this throwing around of "newb" as an insult. Fuck it makes you look stupid.
I may use the term "newbie" quite often, but only because I believe someone new to the game, shouldn't be left in a position to give direction to a game. Just like you wouldn't leave a full-time pub player in charge of competition, the same applies here.

As for the spawning in light change, people need to just stfu and try it. I did, and I think it's great.

Truthfully for all those saying its easier to discjump and catch up with cappers (and stay alive) in medium over light, not sure what the hell you are talking about. I've played LD for about 5-6 years now and chasing in medium has never been something I've thought to do first (in t2 or T:V).

And truthfully the players that are saying Light spawns will make offense easier have no idea to what level of competition the guys who want light spawns are playing at. As said before, I'm not sure why you guys don't give these maps a chance.

If it came down to getting a mutator to change ALL maps on the server instead of just the ones in the mappack I would be happy when TWL changed the main ladder over to this system. But then again whats the point, if these maps are going to be in competition they will be the only ones played on most of the vet type servers.

Validuz said:
So far there are two groups of people crying... the first group plays Shifter/Renegades, so fuck them and their opinion. The second group (where you fit in), haven't tried it yet and are too afraid of a possibly great change.

It's a WHOPPING 25hp less, it's faster (chasing, etc), and it dies in one mortar shot just like the medium. Just try it. I did, and I thought it was great. It brought some usefullness back to defense and deployable invos. You're basically not useless once your base gets taken out.
sorry, but you are totally missing the point here. Me and many others here are not against spawning in light in general, but this change is not one a map pack should do. Quite simple.
You're right, i haven't tested it yet, but that is not the point. Point is, that the map pack's initial goal was to balance some retail maps and additionally add new ones, so many server can run it and everyone has a valid set of maps and can be sure that the maps on their client are working with most of the servers. Now we have a map pack, which changes the way T:V works and that isn't a good thing. If i want to change the spawning armor to light on my server, i'm doing this via mutator. That should be the way to go.

1) first and foremost, apology to anyone who did get the holier-than-thou attitude from me. wasnt meant to be, but i've been irked since last night when people first came through with the complaints about it. my biggest problem is that those complaints were coming without, what i feel, a strong testing base.
2) logically following that, i would at the least like to see servers try these maps out, get some scrims and pickups, and hell, maybe even matches played on them. like i said earlier, this has only been released for 24 hours, there's no possible way anyone could have arranged for and played a multitude of competition-setting matches in that time period.
3) kap, i've rarely had problems swallowing the pills of wrongness, or however you put it, but at this point, i dont feel i'm wrong yet. again, if people play these, for more than two or three scrims, and the changes show a negative effect on gameplay, its not hard to change the things back. but again, my argument stands on why it should be light rather than medium. once we start seeing some action on these maps, and see how people play with the light spawn, then i will begin taking arguments more seriously than i already am. but honestly, people coming up with complaints without those complaints having any real grounds besides "it was done a different way before" arent going to be listened to that heavily... point in case, look at our wondeful dev team. :\

anyway, there are still bugs and glitches in these maps, as evidenced by the other thread that already appeared. regarding that, apologies again, but without much testing and input and help, bugs like that will appear. talking with a few folks on the map council on twl (or at least people who are concerned about getting new maps into rotation), they have some minor changes to some of the maps, majors to others, that would take little time to make the maps competition ready, ie a TWL-Pack like we had near the end of T2. and i hope i'm correct in saying this, but originally the idea behind this pack was to get the new maps out, played, and possibly/hopefully into competition. bugs will exist with everything...

but anyway, that completely digressed from the point of it all. if this change PROVES through competition settings to be a negative change for the game, then the maps will be changed back to medium spawn. but again, i personally will not tolerate groundless complaints about it, nor accusations that it's an "agenda" of mine or anyone else's. i've tried to explain how it does not fall under the category of agenda, so take it as you will or wont, but it wasnt a planned, screw-the-medium-guys-over-so-lights-can-take-over-the-game idea. i've said before, i'll say again, i play every armor, and alot of times every armor at least once or twice per map. the spawn in light, i very emphatically feel, will help out the defensive nature of the game. i know people have noted cowboying will probably increase, as will the ability for a light to survive off of pickups... and i agree, this does allow for a slight bit more offensive nature to come into the game. but, point here again, is that the light defense allows for much more mobility and much more activity in chasing/blocking/e-grabs (which again are completely defensive in nature... if a team that has completely raped the other side's base gives up caps and grabs to spawns, well... i take no pity on a stupid worthless defense, but we are trying to give defenders a better chance here) ... blah, i've lost track, lemme make a second post.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
I am for base, I am for new maps, I am for keeping status quo for a game that cannot, repeat, cannot afford to have guys like you twist it as they see fit b/c they want to relive their youth, as if anyone cares.
So, you're basically saying you're too afraid of a possible change? Isn't that extremely hypocritical? Isn't this the same shit you guys are trying to feed to the vets; "learn to play the game, instead of trying to fix/change it!1".

Anytime you want to discuss this game indepth, I am available. You might learn a lesson or two.. if you can take off the horseblinders.
Discuss the game with someone who has been playing Tribes for a couple months? Rofl, I'll pass.

So leave it to agenda-laden decision makers who have an obvious bias?

You can't hide this fact. Its too obvious that somehow, no one knew this was coming, no one saw this in the beta that was run and defending it as a map change, as opposed to a mod, is a joke.

Get over it son, this is a mod.

Do what Jim suggests. Put it in a mod and make the sweeping changes that only a true blue veteran like yourself would know is right for mankind and this game community.

Go for it. :lol:

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
So leave it to agenda-laden decision makers who have an obvious bias?
Obvious bias towards skilled gameplay? I guess I agree with him then. It's about fng time someone stood up against the newbies and made a good change.

You can't hide this fact. Its too obvious that somehow, no one knew this was coming, no one saw this in the beta that was run and defending it as a map change, as opposed to a mod, is a joke.
Who said you have to play the maps?

Get over it son, this is a mod.
Get over it, newbie. Only you and a couple other people agree with you (besides your teammates). Next time, actually TRY the maps before crying about how it changes TV. Hell, individual maps "change" TV... it's the effect that matters.

Do what Jim suggests. Put it in a mod and make the sweeping changes that only a true blue veteran like yourself would know is right for mankind and this game community.
"Put it in a mod!1", yea because we've seen sooooo many mods coming out that fix gameplay :rofl:

Back