Thrax: Where's the masses? by Wulfen - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Thrax: Where's the masses?
Page 4 of 23
]| ZeR0 |[
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 02-26-2005, 14:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
This is true. Faster gameplay and smaller maps aren't necessairily a failure (as seen in T1), but T:V went rather overboard.

Also, I think that the speed imbalances (impossible chasing etc) might be the result of these small maps that didn't allow the devs to test all the possibilities of their work during development.
it's not impossible to chase. it just requires new techniques and new skills. Oh wait, omg that would mean learning something new and adapting... but wait, that's why t2 fans keep calling t1 vets whiny and *****y, because most of them couldn't adapt to t2's gameplay and style... hypocritcal much?

i agree, T:V's not the highlight of the tribes franchise. But like magus said, we're lucky to even be seeing another tribes game. Biting the hand that feeds, no doubt.

Sponsored Links
Aesop-The evil one
VeteranX
Old
62 - 02-26-2005, 14:11
You are so right. I never dreamed that Tribes would survive T2. We really are lucky to have this game, and it is a good game. I played this morning. The only "mod" I would like to see is smoke from the jetpacks. This game plays as smooth as glass.

pocketgamer
VeteranX
Old
63 - 02-26-2005, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]| ZeR0 |[
it's not impossible to chase. it just requires new techniques and new skills. Oh wait, omg that would mean learning something new and adapting... but wait, that's why t2 fans keep calling t1 vets whiny and *****y, because most of them couldn't adapt to t2's gameplay and style... hypocritcal much?

i agree, T:V's not the highlight of the tribes franchise. But like magus said, we're lucky to even be seeing another tribes game. Biting the hand that feeds, no doubt.
T:V is not Tribes.

We are not lucky to have T:V because it's a skidmark on the underpants of the Tribes franchise. Since T:V carried the Tribes name, it has damaged it, and has taken away most peoples hopes of a Tribes 3.

pocketgamer
VeteranX
Old
64 - 02-26-2005, 14:31
BTW- I think Thrax is making accounts to defend his name. Don't expect to see half of these members to exist after this thread is gone.

Aesop-The evil one
VeteranX
Old
65 - 02-26-2005, 14:40
You must be from Babylon. You do enough of it. It's not the game that is a skidmark on the Tribes franchise, it is you.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 02-26-2005, 14:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYs|yavor
Rofl. ROFL.

You know where is the difference between 99% of so called vets and PJ or me? You are just fans. Fans. Your logic doesn't exist if you play your beloved game. You are unable to think about Tribes as a game. All you see is YOU, YOUR needs, YOUR fun. For PJ (probably) and for me (for sure) Tribes 2 was just a game. A game. Not an ego.

Everything about current situation was obvious. PJ knew much more about T:V design, for me it was obvious after first screenshots and after the decision about UT engine.
Anyone have a translation on this?

[AKA]PanamaJack
VeteranX
Old
67 - 02-26-2005, 15:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn
You finally showed them all, PJ.
I've been doing that in Tribes since 1999.

[AKA]PanamaJack
VeteranX
Old
68 - 02-26-2005, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonism
Hehehe and what are you then? A whiney, *****y t2 vet?
No, I am just normally whiney and *****y.

Aesop-The evil one
VeteranX
Old
69 - 02-26-2005, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX
Anyone have a translation on this?

I think it is some sort of biblical translation.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 02-26-2005, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop-The evil one
I think it is some sort of biblical translation.
The pope is going to die and yavor and PJ had gay sex, so they are going to hell?

[AKA]PanamaJack
VeteranX
Old
71 - 02-26-2005, 15:10
Quote:
PJ, please enlighten us all on how what you do and say here is any better than these so called whiny, *****y t1 vets? grow up, we get the ****ing point already. You saw the demise of T:V. whooop dee friggin doo. Go **** in your own cheerios. I don't see you doing much of anything to rectify these problems, just reiterating the same crap over and over and over...

Is it the fact that you can't let people enjoy T:V because you don't enjoy it? So what if there's fewer T:V players n such. I still go and play T1 shifter, even though at any given time there's only 10 people playing.

Cut the holier-than-thou ****.
LOL!

It's basically my turn to **** all over the people who **** all over me for saying these things when T:V went into production. I was told I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. I would fully expect people to rub my nose in it if the reverse was true. So live with it.

And as to people enjoying the game... There is almost no one enjoying the game. I went in a played last night and there were only about 100 players online. Hell, within a few months T:V will have a hard time having enough players to justify even 2-3 servers even being in the Master Server List.

[AKA]PanamaJack
VeteranX
Old
72 - 02-26-2005, 15:16
Quote:

No it's not impossible to chase. Actually with the energy pack it is very easy to chase if you use the booster option. It does become difficult if you have a master at the grapple flying around with the flag and a repair pack. A master grappler is almost impossible to kill outside unless you get lucky with a mortar or have a couple of damned good snipers. He uses the grapple to fly all over the map and any damage he takes is healed by the repair pack. On a map like Raindance it can be incredably hard to kill a flag carrier like that. It is far worse than letting a flag carrier get inside a vehicle and you can't do that.

There are quite a few gameplay imbalances that should have been caught in testing.

pocketgamer
VeteranX
Old
73 - 02-26-2005, 15:38
Quote:
You must be from Babylon. You do enough of it. It's not the game that is a skidmark on the Tribes franchise, it is you.
Yep, you must be Thrax. You have the same gay responses as him. Hey it's not our fault you ruined the Tribes name. A real man would just admit to it.

Aesop-The evil one
VeteranX
Old
74 - 02-26-2005, 15:53
I am not Thrax.

I am not gay.

I neither ruined or enhanced the tribes name.

I have held my job for 15 years and raised two children alone, and bought and paid for our home. On those items alone I consider myself a man.

It is painfully easy to make you look like a dufus. You are not very good at this.

Mistaken
VeteranX
Old
75 - 02-26-2005, 16:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by |CO|Kapeket!!
PJ, you are a stupid ****. You try make yourself sound link Nostradamus with bad grammar.

I told you so is not something to hang your hat on son.

Be productive..... somewhere else please.

Read my sig and follow suit.

Thanks.

why does the truth hurt so much to some? I have to wonder, just b/c PJ was right, why is what you're saying anymore productive?

Name calling doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the desription of productivity. Reading that seams to make me think hyprocrital --hence; take your own advice. (somewhere else please..lol)

Aesop-The evil one
VeteranX
Old
76 - 02-26-2005, 16:06
Which also makes you a hypocrite. Don't paint your self as being neutral here.

loto
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 02-26-2005, 17:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
This is true. Faster gameplay and smaller maps aren't necessairily a failure (as seen in T1), but T:V went rather overboard.

Also, I think that the speed imbalances (impossible chasing etc) might be the result of these small maps that didn't allow the devs to test all the possibilities of their work during development.
the problem with the ****ty small maps (t:v) is that some were made w/ vehicles in mind...aka having roads take up space.

think about it. t1 didn't have that crap.

mc-fine
VeteranX
Old
78 - 02-26-2005, 17:28
I think PJ should lead the legends team. He will bring Tribes back to its former glory.

NetAtNite
Veteran++
Old
79 - 02-26-2005, 17:32
Quote:
I am not Thrax.

I am not gay.

I neither ruined or enhanced the tribes name.

I have held my job for 15 years and raised two children alone, and bought and paid for our home. On those items alone I consider myself a man.

It is painfully easy to make you look like a dufus. You are not very good at this.
Hmmm...you used the word 'Dufus'. You might be a little gay. And if you were gay, does that mean you cannot be 'a man'? And why have you been alone for the past 15 years? Might you be a self-hating gay? Or are you just an uggo? I say up with gays. Aesop, you can visit my towns bath-house whenever you want!!!!

Pachacutec
VeteranX
Old
80 - 02-26-2005, 17:39
t:v is tribes, sorry to disappoint.
the only thing non-tribes about it is the oob, its too small and closed in.
get over yourselves.

Page 4 of 23

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Thrax: Where's the masses?

Social Website Bullshit