[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

I'm wanting to do the same thing santa is doing, But the readme for the Terrain "Copier" It says to open Tribes up and launch the map I want to Copy, and REMOVE items I dont want scanned. How in the heck to I remove stuff while in a map??

pyrot3chnic said:
Why? It's not like he's making money off of this...

I point you to the term 'foxed'
it's kinda like how SS2845 has to be done in T:V and not UT2K4, because it's the only way sierra will allow it

hh_cloud said:
When you select an object, like a wall for example, how do I move it around without it moving the "camera".
select the object, then hold down ctrl and right mouse, then just drag it where you want.

One issues with the maps is the OOB field....make sure to give extra room around the bases so that we have plenty of room to move....

Just make enough space so the oob is not noticable in play. Kind of like Fort, although it's a tiny map, it has a lot of space around it.

1. To delete items in the T1 menu hold down shift and del or ctrl and del..can't remember which
2. You can export T2 terrains. Name them as .png files and open in photoshop and convert to 8bit bitmap. Import into TVEd and right click on the texture and convert it to G16
3. This port of DX has almost too much room around the flags :)

These pics are from the inside of the base im looking at in the 3rd pic

inside1c.jpg

inside2c.jpg

outside1c.jpg

Canyon Crusade port to tv...

very very early... im gonna have to make the custom bases for each side nothing too extreme, but still noticible - to go along with their shapes... will do imperial for the other side i think...

destroyer193 said:
These pics are from the inside of the base im looking at in the 3rd pic

inside1c.jpg

inside2c.jpg

outside1c.jpg

Canyon Crusade port to tv...

very very early... im gonna have to make the custom bases for each side nothing too extreme, but still noticible - to go along with their shapes... will do imperial for the other side i think...
yea. nice porting there m8.

Nice destroyer, please keep it going. I'm anxious to try some of the classics. Still it would be nice to even put twists on DOX's stuff. Like a lush canyon crusade, with a river/lake, and trees, or something like that.

MikSchultzy said:
Only one complaint, you're combinging the imperial (square) and the BE design together....

Good point, I guess to make it look better all you gotta do is slant the sides out so its more like a pyramid. Nice work there though mate. Keep it up I hope you got my PM.

for the beginning make it as close as possible to the originals, to minimize community complaining, just some friendly advice mappers ;)

Back