News: Beta Signups Begin

VaporTrail said:
I rarely give my mailing address out, especially if it's not required. I don't want to recieve the snail mail equivilent of spam (not saying that's what would happen, but it's habit now). I'm not sure, but I think making beta CD's packaging them (even simply), labling them, mailing them off (even if the person receiving pays shipping), would come out to much less than the bandwidth costs for a secure download. Especially for an OPEN beta.

Guess what? This is for a CLOSED beta. No snail mail = no closed beta. You can join the rest of the public when they're invited later this Summer.

Thrax Panda said:
DO NOT: Register from work. We will use the system specs collected to decide who gets in, and if you have a 16MB video card, you won't get in.

WHAT IF: We have a kickass work machine and plan on beta testing while at work?

Thrax Panda said:
Just wait. The're working to fix that. If your email address is already in the system it freaks. I've told them about it and they're working to fix it. No rush, no worries, try again tomorrow. It's not a race.
lol come on this is TW every thing here is a race.

Menzo said:
Guess what? This is for a CLOSED beta. No snail mail = no closed beta. You can join the rest of the public when they're invited later this Summer.
Well, Perhaps I can get in with the crowd that signed up from work, however your web interface seems to have a problem with how my other email address is formatted.

It doesn't like -'s

Does this have an IP check to prevent multiple registrations from the same household? 'Tis a bit harsh on those who didn't include their address originally. :cry:

Egonomics said:
Does this have an IP check to prevent multiple registrations from the same household? 'Tis a bit harsh on those who didn't include their address originally. :cry:
And those who have multiple people trying to get into the beta.
And those who have multiple gaming rigs.
And...

I'd rather wait for public beta... where there is less chance of finding bugs and having to do homework to report it and more fun.

triple said:
DO NOT: Make smartass comments.

(guess im out)

It wasn't a smartass comment. My work computer is better than my home computer.

Dual 2.8 Xeon (not that it matters), GF4-4600, 1gig of DDR, 2 SCSI drives.

Menzo said:
shazbot, I already filled it out and didnt put my address in
can I redo it over that old one?
I figured since it said it wasn't required..
it.. er.. meant it wasn't required

Back