News: TribalWar Vengeance Movie

That map doesn't have much skiing because it's in an arena setting. If you had seen the first map, you would have realized that skiing still existed and was a big part but no, always jumping to conclusionss...

Agreed. And I don't mind it either.

Please guys... Just stop complaining about the Spinfuser speed being slow. They know about it and they have 5 months to fix it.

What is there to fix? Apart from the T2ers who are going to whine endlessly about the disc speed until someone hits that magic ban button. :)

The trails have got to get some variety.

And when you're jetting, it should feel like you're climbing against gravity -- not being shot out of a canon.

I'd like to see a video of somebody falling from the top of the center tower onto one of the smooth slopes. Falling velocity must accelerate realistically. The beauty of Tribes movement consists as much of falling as flying. They must be in balance.

Based on this video, it looks hard to have a fast, clean, satisfying fall. That's the crux of the problem.

Dyno said:
So you're defending the obvious gameplay flaws and complaining about the graphics? MINOR graphics at that?

Just stop talking.

And why should I repeat what has already been posted in this thread many times? I think i am to first to comment on the trails and flames.

Its that selective reading disability isnt it?

bartkusa said:
Downward soup?

The suspense and wonder of Tribes . . . the "oh shazbot!" like riding the downslope of a roller coaster --- comes from the acceleration of gravity when falling.

The experience of accelerating downward, only to be saved by minute adjustments of your jets to hit the right ski and soar high again . . . that's the crux of Tribes.

Right now, as soon as you hit the jets, it looks like its floaty jelly. They slow down falling too much. A solution would be to give them an analog curve, so they take a second or so to rev up to full power. Then you could tap them and not have it be like insta-float.

Starwind said:
If its built in by the games creator how the fudge is it a cheat?

Explain that to me......
It is basically the equivalent of happyflag in T1. If they included nofog or autoaim in T:V, it wouldn't technically be a cheat, but it would fudge up gameplay... just like this.

i liked a lot of this and will probably play it

i would like to see the gravity modified to more t1 like feel, though... i agree w/lots that you can change a lot of shazbot, but that part was so goooooooooooood.... watching a great capper was like sex... watch an egotistick demo sometime

Wow, just watched the video, can't believe all the jerking going on.

I have no clue how the game will be, but the disk seemed like it might be only a tiny bit slow, but was going to take a lot of good leading to hit with. Grappling hook looked amazing, like its really going to add a new layer of improvisation to the game. Didn't look like a ski friendly map, which is concerning, but all this talking is so fatalistic over a game that didn't look half bad.

- slow invs again :| Should have a "fast inv switching" option so people can turn that on, and that would make you just enter and exit with your [last] selected loaded.

- I thought there were no flag indicators other than in the radar? (not complaining, just wonder...)

- did I see the ability to throw 2-3 hand nades at once?

- thrax, you call yourself a triber?! you need practice :lol: :)

The more and more I read, the more I worry about the jetpacks. It just seems like you are TOO maneuverable. If true, this hurts the game in two ways:

1. Flying around is not a whole lot easier. While I agree that T1 had a steep learning curve, I don't think you need to 'dumb down' the jetpack - That's exactly what the 1-player game is for! I hope to god they don't take the skill out of the game.

2. It becomes much much MUCH more difficult to MA people. I don't know about you guys, but MA-ing people is just the best feeling in the world. It seems like the extra maneuverability combined with the slower disc speeds makes it much more of a gamble than a test of skill to hit someone :(

Just my thoughts.

Back