OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

SaintDude said:
From the article:

Thumbs down. It damn near takes me half a clip to start to make contact on my target sometimes when its laggy. The last thing I need is to spray bullets all over, finally get the correct lead to my target and then have the damn thing overheat\lock. No thank you.

That's just a level of skill. The chaingun has always been one of the lowest skill weapons because you could just hold down the trigger and track your target. This is a great idea to increase the amount of skill required, and not allow someone to follow you across the entire map with his finger on the trigger. In other words, whoring should be limited.

sender said:
Rather than a spawn point, why not make it like a 1-way teleporter? Than you don't have to choose spawn points (I agree, that's gay) plus you get the +'s of forward base.

that beats the spawn point idea in my book :)

might be unbalancing tho. sounds better tho.

Brasstax said:
I agree on the chaingun overheat. Thumbs down for me. That's a Dave G trick.

I think we could try that idea. If you play T1 at all you know how bad the whores are with them. Also it would give a noob vs a vet better chances

Coolguy said:
I think we could try that idea. If you play T1 at all you know how bad the whores are with them. Also it would give a noob vs a vet better chances

Get rid of it and put in a shotgun.

Well the rockets look fast enough to be effective but not too fast which is good and more difficult to use then I first imagined. Requiring line of sight will give vehicles a chance.

Ixiterra said:
And how the hell do you control these things via mouselook? You stand there like a sitting duck while you aim? Sounds like fun.

Think about the rocket launcher in Half-life deathmatch. Fire them, and keep your crosshairs where you want them to go. You CAN sit still and be more open to attack, or you can be moving *some*, and be a little less accurate.

Doaln said:
you're kidding right? spawn killing only happens in maps where spawn points are in places where it's easy to be done (like RC w/ mortar spamming). at least in T1.

and who's to say it's not easier to spawn kill this way? kill the driver, then kill each person who spawns there....and now you know exactly where they will spawn

Spawn killing isn't a problem at ALL with a 3-5 second spawn invinsibility, cancelled as soon as you fire of course.

Cg overheat is cool provided its not too drastic, spray and pray with 100 ammo clips has always been a bit ott.

As for the rest this is supposed to be tribes not ut2k3 or PS so why the fuck do we have the spawn of ut2k3's rocket launcher and PS's phoenix ? :(

A) Rocket launcher takes away from the disc launcher, its totally unnecessary, we already have a long range accurate weapon.

B) Guided rockets are incredibly retarded and will either take away from mortars as a method of taking out base assets from range or you'll have LO standing 500m out firing guided rockets at LD/HoF's..

Wow that sounds great doesn't it? and people moan about long range mortar spam :lol:

Maybe thats the next weapon; GUIDED MORTARS w00t!

Voidsinger said:
I'd be nice if the Rocket Pod would shoot its rockets, and then some kind of guiding beam would shine from the gun itself, and you could somewhat guide the rockets according to that, like a laser tracker. IMHO, would instill some skill, without being overpowering (make the rockets turn like ass, for example, forcing the player to anticipate movement).

You've got crosshairs to aim with, and they leave a smoe trail elading back to the player who fired them. Don't really need a laser guidance system.

Brasstax said:
OT: Personally, I think a captain should be able to assign teams and dictate the spawn points for those teams.

That would work really well in pubs. :rolleyes:

Marweas:

If you want me to like this game, and get excited about it, STOP GIVING EXCLUSIVE RELEASE RIGHTS TO GAMESPOT FOR T:V VIDEOS.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back