Tribes 3 Heavy Armor or Ghost Rider?

Thrax Panda said:
Jsut, you have 5 of 18 pieces in the correct locations. You should also number your spaces, then people could say things like "The piece in space 35 should be moved up to space 10".

hmm thats alot of bits.

Maybe the whole leg section needs to be moved one space to the right? so it aligns with the right side and not the left?

ved, I picture it something like that
I could sketch it far more detailed if I had a scanner, b/c I'm terrible at drawing w/ mouse :(

rand_t3thing.jpg

the only possible modification would be the knees, although I couldn't really find a good place for them without either:

a) legs looking short and fat, kind of stocky
b) legs looking too long for body size, far too lanky
c) knees not being far enough apart for an actual humanoid type model
d) it could even be the left arm, in a mis-aligned strange way

i went with a)

i have sigs turned off, so I have to wait for people to re-post the new ones :/

Last edited:
you should make an MS Paint version of what you think it will look like

I'm not sure about that right knee-piece
the shinpad/knee just seems a bit too low imho, and the top of the leg doesn't seem like it would align

what's the quickest way to create an accurate grid?

Last edited:
Thrax Panda said:
Jsut, you have 5 of 18 pieces in the correct locations. You should also number your spaces, then people could say things like "The piece in space 35 should be moved up to space 10".

I'm guessing the 5 would be the center 3 and the two on the far left. everything else is probably really close. I think lucius probably has it pretty close to right now.

Im pretty sure that the middle sigs, the knee ones should be up one space each, c2-c3/e2-e3/f2-f3. Its the only way it would make sense from an anatomical point of view. Or we have a short legged fellow carrying a boose processing unit around a construction site.

R@ND0M said:
you should make an MS Paint version of what you think it will look like

I'm not sure about that right knee-piece
the shinpad/knee just seems a bit too low imho, and the top of the leg doesn't seem like it would align

what's the quickest way to create an accurate grid?

edit > define pattern of a selection in photoshop, then do a fill with that pattern.

And even more, i really cant find the neccesity of having something like a visor on the belly :| Sooo, it could be the helmet. Im talking about the d5/e5 sigs.

moving the leg peices up means the piece in C2 is definately wrong. that doesn't however rule it out. The legs do look really short the way we have it now relative to the height of the armor

OK, Since you're getting closer but are still way messed up w/ the legs I'll help out. Plus I'll be out of town until Saturday so you'll have to wait a bit for another update ;)

wow....i like it....from the little bit we have visible, i think it makes more sense to have the armor like this....weapons not appearing out of nowhere now...they could be "hidden" inside of the armor and pop out of those arm/turret thingys....looks like heavy armor strapped onto light armor...cool i like it.

Last edited:
Back