News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thrax owned again!! Holy shiznit!

Assuming thrax is right about it being an accolade it could have been a dis icognito

Void|deadjawa said:
well, like every game creator posts on their own forum...
Further, how many developers would bother putting up with our crap and still be civil, etc.

While prolonged kissing-up would probably not help voice our concerns, by the same token I hope we're not so cruel that we send the devs packing. I don't think anyone wants to see that... not anyone who plans on playing T:V, anyway. :rocket:

FYI, Marweas is not a developer, nor is this Sierra's forum. Not arguing anyone's point, just pointing out a few facts.

I suppose I should have said devs/publishers, but I'm too lazy. I realize he's "just" a marketing guy... or was, rather.

I know Thrax (et al.) keeps emphasizing that he was "let go" and not fired, but in my experience people who get laid off don't get replaced until financial conditions improve... certainly not right away. I think companies are, more and more, opting to do things like layoffs to avoid ill-will and uncomfortable situations. They laid off my boss at my work when they really meant to fire him. :shrug:

Last edited:
Just FYI, guys, they didn't hire Scr8pin to replace Marweas. Scr8pin has worked for Sierra for a while and when they laid Marweas off, they just transferred his titles to other people. Scr8pin got T:V, someone else got Larry, etc. (And ironically, Marweas got his notice 5 years to the day after starting at Sierra.)

Edit: Oh, and anyone who thinks Marweas is "just" a marketing guy hasn't had to live with him breathing, eating, and peeing Tribes for the past few years. :)

-Coelli

Coelli said:
Just FYI, guys, they didn't hire Scr8pin to replace Marweas. Scr8pin has worked for Sierra for a while and when they laid Marweas off, they just transferred his titles to other people. Scr8pin got T:V, someone else got Larry, etc. (And ironically, Marweas got his notice 5 years to the day after starting at Sierra.)

Edit: Oh, and anyone who thinks Marweas is "just" a marketing guy hasn't had to live with him breathing, eating, and peeing Tribes for the past few years. :)

-Coelli
Couldn't you have said "drinking" instead of "peeing?" :\
:kiss:

Coelli said:
Just FYI, guys, they didn't hire Scr8pin to replace Marweas... when they laid Marweas off, they just transferred his titles to other people. Scr8pin got T:V, someone else got Larry, etc.
OK, thank you for the clarification.

Coelli said:
You're right. Are you inviting us to come watch him pee Tribes? :) BTW I put "just" in quotes for a potentially ironic effect and to differentiate him from a developer. I realize that his lubbin' for Tribes went beyond that, which is why we <3 him so much (save a few). I think we're just hoping that Scrapin' won't be an utter disappointment (though some would, for dramatic effect, love to make sure he is before he gets a chance to prove it one way or the other).

I hope they both continue to have a presence here; perhaps Marweas will give Scr8 some tips. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back