OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

PyroGuNx said:
May i be the first to coin the term "pod spammers".
OK, We've only said this 17.2 billion times so far, but it's not a functional spamming weapon. It's got a blast radius about the size of a beach ball. It's like a shaped charge on the end of a small rocket. Thrown hand grenades will be more of a spam threat.

So yes, you can coin the term "pod spammer", but I doubt it will be much of a concern to anybody, as disks, grenades, and mortars will all be much more dangerous spam weapons than the Rocket Pod.

Marweas said:
'Cause we're men.

menintit.jpg

And now for something totally off topic(completly different)...

Mel Brooks needs to make a movie based off of the Tribes franchise.

Marweas, make it so.

What do you call a guy who just took 6 rockets in the chops?
Spoiler

What happened to the Starwolf puppy?
Spoiler

What do you get if you cross a rocket launcher with a tequila and a vasectomy?
Spoiler

antareus wrote...
No, not when you come right out and say it like that.

"I invented this; make me famous."

I was stating that to prove a point. Firstly, i don't honestly think i would become famous off of a coined term. Secondly, how many terms do you know of that are 'coined' and the original person who thought up the term gets all sorts of credit? Thirdly, after reading SOME of the 545 posts, it is quite evident (and i figured ahead of time) that at least one person may share the same concern as i did- Which was true.

antareus wrote...
To original point: it is useless to speculate about something you haven't seen...

It is useless to speculate something you haven't seen? Wow, it must be interesting that theories exist then. I wonder how games get made, they start with a concept... which could initially be seen as a speculation or idea on something they have YET to see. How do strategies get made? Often times people speculate then try it out.

I didn't expect to get such harsh feedback for my response. Perhaps it was because i didnt feel like reading (nor have the time to) read 500+ posts. Though thank you as my speculations are now answered.

Thrax Panda said:
OK, We've only said this 17.2 billion times so far, but it's not a functional spamming weapon. It's got a blast radius about the size of a beach ball. It's like a shaped charge on the end of a small rocket. Thrown hand grenades will be more of a spam threat.

So yes, you can coin the term "pod spammer", but I doubt it will be much of a concern to anybody, as disks, grenades, and mortars will all be much more dangerous spam weapons than the Rocket Pod.

ok cool

FugaZni said:
The idea for the rocket pod seems sound. A weapon to counter vehicles that isn't really very effective unless used against... vehicles. But yes, we know. You don't know why, but it's unoriginal and you just don't like it. :)

I nominate you to be the guy who gets to stand around trying to shoot vehicles.

PyroGuNx* said:
antareus wrote...
No, not when you come right out and say it like that.

"I invented this; make me famous."

I was stating that to prove a point. Firstly, i don't honestly think i would become famous off of a coined term. Secondly, how many terms do you know of that are 'coined' and the original person who thought up the term gets all sorts of credit? Thirdly, after reading SOME of the 545 posts, it is quite evident (and i figured ahead of time) that at least one person may share the same concern as i did- Which was true.

antareus wrote...
To original point: it is useless to speculate about something you haven't seen...

It is useless to speculate something you haven't seen? Wow, it must be interesting that theories exist then. I wonder how games get made, they start with a concept... which could initially be seen as a speculation or idea on something they have YET to see. How do strategies get made? Often times people speculate then try it out.

I didn't expect to get such harsh feedback for my response. Perhaps it was because i didnt feel like reading (nor have the time to) read 500+ posts. Though thank you as my speculations are now answered.

Welcome to TW. Wear a fucking helmet.

Don't take everyone so seriously or you'll never survive here. and btw, plenty of coined TW terms are directly attributed to their creator. That is all.

Doaln said:
Welcome to TW. Wear a fucking helmet.

Don't take everyone so seriously or you'll never survive here. and btw, plenty of coined TW terms are directly attributed to their creator. That is all.

Wow, a member that gets it. Who'd a thunk it. :bigthumb:

Recommend kevlar\asbestos underoos also btw.

Back