Are you going to miss Kurayami? by Paladin-5 - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Are you going to miss Kurayami?
Page 11 of 14
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
201 - 01-29-2009, 10:01
On one hand I think it's irresponsible to participate in "The Internet", whatever that entails, particularly in a way that spurs controversy (which Kura does regularly and proudly), and expect any semblance of anonymity.

I'm sorry, but you are not anonymous. If you wanted that you should have kept to yourself.

On the other hand, I think it's excessive and borderline criminal to track someone down and go so far as to (possibly) hire a private investigator just so you can use personal details as bait or as leverage in an online argument.

Sponsored Links
Durak
VeteranXV
Old
202 - 01-29-2009, 10:23
he never hired a private investigator, all of kura's information can be found through google

what amazes me is not the fact that he left because we know his name his and his hometown, it's that it brought all these e-knights to his rescue even though he would **** all over them given the chance

Lobster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
203 - 01-29-2009, 10:24
I think when you're posting on an internet messageboard under a psuedonym and everyone does likewise, it's right to expect some standards of anonymity.

Project2501
VeteranX
Old
204 - 01-29-2009, 10:43

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
205 - 01-29-2009, 11:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
I think when you're posting on an internet messageboard under a psuedonym and everyone does likewise, it's right to expect some standards of anonymity.
That's only possible to the extent that you allow.

For example, if I register here as Data and post once a year and keep my personal information completely private, I can expect to remain anonymous.

But if I then register on the Furry Star Trek Erotic Fanfiction forums as Data and post just one time with my full name, address, phone number, place of birth, social security number and mother's maiden name, not only am I a colossal retard, but I've destroyed any possibility of past or future anonymity with the name "Data".

That should have been obvious to anybody from the first moment they used Google, but here we are having this conversation...

Hey guys, you can search the whole Internet. Like... all of it. Get a clue.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
206 - 01-29-2009, 11:13
See I draw the line at actually ****ing with people outside of a one on one basis.

You want to call me? Fine... you want to spend your money having bogus subscriptions of sick **** come to my house? fine. Want to mail me random ****? fine.

Don't call my employer, or my family, and try to get me into **** regardless of if I did it or not (even though my employer wouldn't give two ****s). Don't show up at my house and vandalize it, or try to physically harm me....

thats where I draw the line.

kura is a giant baby - wah, faggle called my house, wah, omg i wont come here anymore because he called my house and made fun of me for being socially akward.

What happened to blitz, dio, and others that lost their job is WAY worse than anything thats happened to kura.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
207 - 01-29-2009, 11:15
those examples are definitely worse but were done anonymously i'm not sure how people expect me to respond to that

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
208 - 01-29-2009, 11:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
See I draw the line at actually ****ing with people outside of a one on one basis.

You want to call me? Fine... you want to spend your money having bogus subscriptions of sick **** come to my house? fine. Want to mail me random ****? fine.

Don't call my employer, or my family, and try to get me into **** regardless of if I did it or not (even though my employer wouldn't give two ****s). Don't show up at my house and vandalize it, or try to physically harm me....

thats where I draw the line.

kura is a giant baby - wah, faggle called my house, wah, omg i wont come here anymore because he called my house and made fun of me for being socially akward.

What happened to blitz, dio, and others that lost their job is WAY worse than anything thats happened to kura.
I agree with this. I don't mind if people want to **** with me in particular, because, hey, that's what TW is about.

On the few occasions that someone actually took time to track down girls I was hitting on and send them creepy messages, well.. that was just a little weird.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
209 - 01-29-2009, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
those examples are definitely worse but were done anonymously i'm not sure how people expect me to respond to that
I don't expect you to respond to that - there's not much you can do.

None of what i posted was a slight against you - more against kura/people *****ing about what happened to kura.

Lobster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
210 - 01-29-2009, 12:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
That's only possible to the extent that you allow.

For example, if I register here as Data and post once a year and keep my personal information completely private, I can expect to remain anonymous.

But if I then register on the Furry Star Trek Erotic Fanfiction forums as Data and post just one time with my full name, address, phone number, place of birth, social security number and mother's maiden name, not only am I a colossal retard, but I've destroyed any possibility of past or future anonymity with the name "Data".

That should have been obvious to anybody from the first moment they used Google, but here we are having this conversation...

Hey guys, you can search the whole Internet. Like... all of it. Get a clue.
I take your point but that still seems like the sort of justification that excuses crimes on behalf of the victim not being smart. Like a girl getting drunk and walking home alone deserves to get raped.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
211 - 01-29-2009, 12:39
Quote:
I take your point but that still seems like the sort of justification that excuses crimes on behalf of the victim not being smart. Like a girl getting drunk and walking home alone deserves to get raped.
I'm not excusing it. Don't get me wrong. I think it's ridiculous, and I've said as much.

If anonymity is what you're after, you don't post anything personal. Ever.

Ever.

TseTse proved this with Animo, and all he had was a photograph!

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
212 - 01-29-2009, 12:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
I'm not excusing it. Don't get me wrong. I think it's ridiculous, and I've said as much.

If anonymity is what you're after, you don't post anything personal. Ever.

Ever.

TseTse proved this with Animo, and all he had was a photograph!
i agree.

Its kind of ****ty that we have people that insist on ****ing with other people here outside of the forum - but everyone here knows that. Take precautions if it bothers you that much.

Lobster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
213 - 01-29-2009, 12:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
i agree.

Its kind of ****ty that we have people that insist on ****ing with other people here outside of the forum - but everyone here knows that. Take precautions if it bothers you that much.
This doesn't mean that offenders shouldn't get banned though.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
214 - 01-29-2009, 12:51
Quote:
Certainly.

And victims shouldn't act all surprised either.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
215 - 01-29-2009, 12:51
Quote:
I never argued they shouldn't be banned.

I'm just agreeing with Data that if you want to be anonymous, then you probably shouldn't post personal things about yourself...

I wanted fraggle banned because I thougth he was a dumb ****** who went through ridiculous efforts to come up with the fake drama he posts.

I don't 'want' kura gone - but i certainly am not going to miss him. I rarely talked to him about anything, participated in his threads, or participated in teh threads about him.

Maybe some people will miss those - but i certainly will not.

mangaboy
VeteranXV
Old
216 - 01-29-2009, 13:00
This is somewhat like 4chan tracking down that Boxy chick with her youtube nick as the starting point. Simple brute force search of the Webscape and little vague dots were soon connected.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
217 - 01-29-2009, 13:01
Quote:
Back in the day we all got together and played a game.
Met at lans et cetera.

Wasn't that the very reason all the kura use/abuse started?
His refusal to meet the rest of us.

Anonymous? Not really.

S0C7
VeteranXV
Old
218 - 01-29-2009, 13:03
What's funny is that everyone here (with the exception of the people that were really 'victimized' ) will forget all about Kura within six months.

Unless he comes back, of course.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
219 - 01-29-2009, 13:11
i won't miss him, it'll be interesting to have some change around here instead of the same old ****

buize
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
220 - 01-29-2009, 13:13
tw will be dead in 2 weeks

Page 11 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Are you going to miss Kurayami?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kurayamiwar.com