[Release Thread] Overwatch

If you place low, you need to play something that can carry hard - like pharah, genji, zarya, maybe even zen. I made an alt account to try to help a friend get out of gold/plat and just played pharah 100% - was really easy against people in those tiers.

I never really sat down and grinded competitive yet. I got to 3300something last season just playing a game here and there. Would like to go for masters/gm this season. Haven't done my placements for this season yet since I haven't really been playing much. Might play zen more now that he got a slight buff and ana might not be a 100% pick anymore.

I placed at 2000. I'm sitting about 22xx or 23xx right now. I should probably just stop playing now because this tier is god awful.

Bam I'm drunk and looking to up my SR, I'm at 2350 I'll hit you up later if you're on

If you place low, you need to play something that can carry hard - like pharah, genji, zarya, maybe even zen. I made an alt account to try to help a friend get out of gold/plat and just played pharah 100% - was really easy against people in those tiers.

I never really sat down and grinded competitive yet. I got to 3300something last season just playing a game here and there. Would like to go for masters/gm this season. Haven't done my placements for this season yet since I haven't really been playing much. Might play zen more now that he got a slight buff and ana might not be a 100% pick anymore.

This is what I have decided to do, I have been playing support for the most part for comp in the game and I have found that it doesn't matter how good I am at healing if people have terrible positioning and take too much damage and can't get kills all I end up with is gold healing and a loss.

I have started playing phara more and have had people in games thanking me for carrying the team. I played a bit last night and even with the other team having a widow and a soldier I had no issues, at 2100 people can't aim well enough unless I hover in the open like an idiot. I even played a comp game where I did a round as Zarya, a round as roadhog a round as Diva.

Ana was pointless to climb with my rank being so low, using nano on someone doesn't get results often enough because unless someone is a decent carry they might get 1 kill. Mercy was better because of the relentless damage people take.

Overall I still have fun with the game.

Grinding up to level 25 to do my first placements on PC... I find if I play pharah or soldier I can carry even in the retarded games where no one picks a healer or tank. People just run around holding left click and die instantly

Road is fine, I made diamond as road again this season.
yes im not sure i know of another game that has a hook/pull, hard cc and ability to one shot people

just consider how dead youd be if roadhog would just pull people into him and his team.

then consider he just oneshots you anyway

roadhog is the furthest thing from fun

yes im not sure i know of another game that has a hook/pull, hard cc and ability to one shot people

just consider how dead youd be if roadhog would just pull people into him and his team.

then consider he just oneshots you anyway

roadhog is the furthest thing from fun

sooo, you feel like he's op. I guess the best players could be, I don't know. But I'd say that if you play intelligently against him you're ok most of the time. He also gives ults quicker than anyone else in the game to the other team, can be somewhat countered by zarya/rein. Soldier and Mcree melt him, and Pharah is a bitch to deal with as well.

I don't know if he's as unbalanced as you think he is. You just have to learn to anticipate his hooks, and play characters that chew him up.

im not even saying he's necessarily op, just absolutely not fun to have a pull+cc+one shot character

its just terrible design added on top of the fact he's in every single match.

i understand he's there to punish people that are out of position, but i also dont play games to be annoyed

game is very dead to me as long as roadhog stays the way he is

Road really is quite alright. People might get cheap shots in on you, but that kind of goes into knowing when to duck and weave with him.

I used to play him quite a bit, but now with people running so much Zarya, he just feels stinted and little more than a feeder. He does great damage, but it's amazing how little damage you deal when you're not pinpoint on your accuracy with his gun. And it, more often than not, feels like he takes a LOT of damage. Like, my health can go to full to fucking 0 in like 1 second if I zig when I should have zagged.

In the right hands any hero can feel overpowered to play against, but put yourself in their shoes and try the hero yourself and realize just how much skill and ability to utilize that character that person actually has.

On a side note, there is one hero that I truly loath, largely because her kit is just... So fucking intensively counter to so many other heroes, which is Ana. The anti-heal boost/stopper grenade, her stun darts. She's just got too many solid counters against virtually every other hero.

Her basic abilities are direct counters, hard counters, to other character's ultimates.

Road really is quite alright. People might get cheap shots in on you, but that kind of goes into knowing when to duck and weave with him.

I used to play him quite a bit, but now with people running so much Zarya, he just feels stinted and little more than a feeder. He does great damage, but it's amazing how little damage you deal when you're not pinpoint on your accuracy with his gun. And it, more often than not, feels like he takes a LOT of damage. Like, my health can go to full to fucking 0 in like 1 second if I zig when I should have zagged.

In the right hands any hero can feel overpowered to play against, but put yourself in their shoes and try the hero yourself and realize just how much skill and ability to utilize that character that person actually has.

On a side note, there is one hero that I truly loath, largely because her kit is just... So fucking intensively counter to so many other heroes, which is Ana. The anti-heal boost/stopper grenade, her stun darts. She's just got too many solid counters against virtually every other hero.

Her basic abilities are direct counters, hard counters, to other character's ultimates.
i have 208 qp games on rh

again i dont think he's necessarily overpowered, just absolutely not fun to play against especially in every single game

Ana is the strongest healer in the game no question.

I finally got up to plat again this week, longest it's taken me yet but I ended last session pretty low. At a certain point I just said fuck it and started to carry the team with healers, mainly mercy. As much as I respect Ana's pound for pound healing, I feel most people don't appreciate a good mercy.

The final match that got me to plat was Dorado where both teams got to the end, then we missed by a few feet in the third round but luckily they missed by even more at the third point where we just pulled it off. I must have done over half a dozen rez's which doubtlessly saved the game for us. I think 'good' healers can be the biggest carriers in an even match even if most scrubs don't want to play them.

Then again, my wife was trying to solo queue at silver and she was the only healer with everyone else deciding to only play DPS... in comp. ended how you'd expect.

I don't get the road hog hate, although I do play him a lot, however there are plenty of counters for him. Another frustrating gripe is when people refuse to switch characters when the enemy has 2 counters to them. It's either cunts rudely yell at them and they refuse to change, or a bruised ego and they refused.

All that being said, now that I'm back up to plat I feel kinda burned out and I'm not playing as much or as seriously.

I feel that the higher you get the more you need to be able to perform as a team. It's all about the flow with retakes and combining ults at the right time imo. One player not functioning could be enough to lose the game, especially if you play against six pretty well synergized (am i writing this right?) players.

I never instalock characters and ask my team to pick their preferred hero, because for me i can easily be as effective as a DPS (soldier/pharah), healer (lucio) or maybe even a tank on certain maps (roadhog). So i prefer everyone to be at the position they play best. Very important imo. :)

P.S. i solo q'd my way up from 1800 to 2900'ish.

Back