Race

Reggs

Veteran XX
How much does race matter in EVE as far as gameplay goes? The website just talks about lore. If I play this game regularly, Im not going to start out knowing what my niche is, so it would be kind of obnoxious if I were to choose a race that excelled at something I had little or no interest in.

Race only has bearing on which starter skills you have (ie. Amarr start with energy weapon skills while Minmatar get projectile weapon skills). It also has some effect on your starting rep (if you stick in the area and do missions anyways).

After that though you can train any skill you want so it's more your appearance than anything else.

Each race also has a strength as far as the attributes they can get. Amarr can get high Willpower, Minmatar is perception, Caldari is Intelligence, and Gallente is charisma. I don't think this is such a big deal with the new asian races though.

I think it was either the Amarr or Caldari chinks that got an ungodly amount of perception to start with.

I got Caldari based on ship aesthetics.

The asian bloodlines really annoy me. I wanted their attributes, but dont want some gay looking character. For some reason asian CG people look more like they are made out of lumpy clay than white people, and the portraits are bad enough as is in this game.

My inspiration was Count Duku from star wars, so I made an old white guy with grey hair.

Caldari ships tend to look lopsided and pushed out half way through construction.

Gallantee look like something a gay decorator would design.

Minmatards look like they are barely held together with duct tape

Amarr just look like pure ownage.

Minmatar have the 2nd best looking. They look like the ships are added on to by different people. It's very dystopian.

I don't like the sleeker look of Ammar and Gallente. It seem unnatural for space. The lopsided caldari seem more "real" to me.

The death star and Millenium Falcon were lopsided.

Caldari = like something Picasso might design
Gallante = French, enough said
Minmatar = a sale on duct tape in housewares
Amarr = raging gold dildos

A perfectly spehereical space station is lopsided?

death_star.jpg

Perfectly spherical?

amarr are definitely the best looking, apocalypse is pretty

some gallante (thorax, mega, hyperion) look pretty slick, while others look like floating abominations (domi, brutix)

some minmatar are pretty mixed too, kinda like the bare-bones approach in some cases. hate the typhoon that i'm forced to fly though

caldari too boxy and unnatural

I ended up deleting my char because my ships didn't look good. The overall designs are fine, but the color is a problem since it's hard to see against a black background. Tomorrow I will reluctantly start the game over as an Ammar since they stand out the best in a dark environment.

I ended up deleting my char because my ships didn't look good. The overall designs are fine, but the color is a problem since it's hard to see against a black background. Tomorrow I will reluctantly start the game over as an Ammar since they stand out the best in a dark environment.
That has to be one of the fucking dumbest reasons ever to pick a race.

Back