So yea, don't buy ISK in EVE

Roga

Veteran X
I've been doing my learning skills for the last 5-6 weeks since I got the game. I got the memory, int, and learning up to 5 and didn't have the cash for the advanced books. I had zero desire to get ~20million ISK in ~20k chunks with my shitty ass skills. I looked for the absolute least amount of cash available, only wanting to buy 20mil, but the smallest amount for sale was 100million ($20). So I bought it. I went, bought all the books and kept training. Couple days later I realized I could get +3 mem and int augs with the rest and still have enough that I'd have something to start off with once all the damned learning skills were through. Well, not anymore.

According to our logs you have been buying ISK/items for real money. The case was clear enough to justify a warning. Buying or selling ingame items using real money is prohibited. Please read the EULA for further information on the subject.

I am now ~82million in debt as they removed the 100million I bought. Yea. So, how long does it take to make 82 million isk with a frigate and shit skills? or should I quit while I'm behind.

Fuck that shit. Account canceled. Here's what I wrote:

I was warned for buying ISK for cash. In addition to the warning they also removed the cash leaving me ~82million in the whole. The issue I have is that you warned me and then removed the currency. By sticking me 82million in the hole and the only way I can make money is in ~30k ISK missions (assuming I don't die or need repairs... ever) I have no choice but to cancel. Warning me, harsh but ok. It was a one time deal to get the learning skills off my back. One warning doesn't affect me because I know I'll never get another one. Removing the ISK, that's another story and that's why I'm canceling. I refuse to be stuck in a frigate for the next six months because someone's got a hair up their ass!

pbplayer said:
you can buy game time cards and sell them for isk on the boards.

Exactly...as long as you're paying real money to CCP for time cards, and selling those for ISK, it's okay. No hypocrisy there at all.

Wah! I'm too lazy or impatient to spend time playing the game like everyone else. I'm going to use my IRL personal finances to put me ahead of everyone else unfairly. Wah!

You got what you deserved, asshole.

Chikaze said:
Wah! I'm too lazy or impatient to spend time playing the game like everyone else. I'm going to use my IRL personal finances to put me ahead of everyone else unfairly. Wah!

You got what you deserved, asshole.

I spent 20 fucking dollars so I could finish the damned learning skills. You know, so I could actually start playing the game and progressing. In the 6 years I've played MMO's I've purchased shit for money exactly 3 times, which includes this time (twice that first year w/ EQ). I haven't purchased a damn thing in 5 years. This was the fucking exception. So you can kiss my hairy white ass and get off your damned horse!

They probably watched a guy sending isk to random people. Once they saw him sending a bunch of round numbers to people, they nabbed everybody that he sent money to.

Roga said:
I spent 20 fucking dollars so I could finish the damned learning skills. You know, so I could actually start playing the game and progressing. In the 6 years I've played MMO's I've purchased shit for money exactly 3 times, which includes this time (twice that first year w/ EQ). I haven't purchased a damn thing in 5 years. This was the fucking exception. So you can kiss my hairy white ass and get off your damned horse!
Why are you so insistent on finishing the learning skills before you start playing? Shit, when I started, I didn't get the learning skills for 3 months. They didn't have advanced learning skills back then either. Nubs do it the slow way in every game, this one included.

If you've played so many MMOs, then you should be used to doing the lame low-level grind. And as far as I know, using real money to buy things ingame is taboo for any game and pretty much forbidden...

Made about 300 mil in empire trading while doing the basic skills including learning, with no starting capital whatsoever. Making isk isn't hard :shrug:

The reason I chose to do learning skills first was that I was still doing heavy raiding in WoW (although I've had to take a break in order to do a job search). I figured I'd get the learning skills out of the way and during the summer when I had a bit more time to play I'd do both (and be able to progress a bit faster once I finally actually started playing). The end price of the game once I actually started playing would be ~$35, which is reasonable IMO.

I've never heard of the buyers being hammered in any MMO's, but then again I didn't realize that CCP essentially sold ISK either.

Ordos said:
So you broke the rules and are pissed that you were penalized for it?

Penalized is one thing. Making the character essentially unplayable is something else. Essentially banning a customer for one offense.

Roga said:
Penalized is one thing. Making the character essentially unplayable is something else. Essentially banning a customer for one offense.

They removed the illegal monetary funds. If that "bans" you it is by choice alone.

adrian ng said:
how did they know?

Well shit, one day an account has X ISK, the next day it has X+100 million ISK? That's an easy as hell account check, automated and everything.

It'll catch the really dumb motherfuckers... like those who think 100 million is going to just slip by the admins.

Christ, if you're going to do it right, pop 1 million in each day. It means trusting the guy selling the ISK (yeah right lolz) but 1 mil a day is a hell of a lot more likely than 100 million in one pop.

Back