[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

Nefilim said:
Here's a few shots from the Damnation remake I started last week.

Like I said, i just started this last week, still have a lot of detailing and stuff to do.

Damn you - just a play on words. :)

Increase the base separation a little - Santa's excellent DX:TV appears to allow base to base snipes. (For example) T2 may not scale the same in T:V.

People have complained about ease of rape, do Recal. That might scale right :) (Or Mino)

an idea for remakes, to make them 'different' (like making CC lush) would be to put water where waterskiing would keep you going fast......could make a map play roughly the same and look very different

Nefilim said:
damn1.jpg

Imperial Side.
Just a pre-emptive suggestion on the balance. The sensor on the Imp side might work better placed on the ledge above that enterance there. I dunno why, but that was the first thing I noticed.

The map is looking great. Good to see some t:v style bases instead of just t1/t2 ports. GJ Nef.:)

destroyer: CC is looking great, try a few more terrain/sky variations if you can and see if any of them turn out better. I really love that lush look. ;)

t1 heads, where's the scarabrae!! scarabrae with rovers, tanks, pods and bomber would be awesome. put the pods inside the landing area and the bomber on the top, the rover could be on a secondary bear to the left of both bases.

Pachacutec said:
t1 heads, where's the scarabrae!! scarabrae with rovers, tanks, pods and bomber would be awesome. put the pods inside the landing area and the bomber on the top, the rover could be on a secondary bear to the left of both bases.

Once I get my hands on the editor I'm going to attempt to create Raindance, Scarabrae and River Stronghold.

blast of death said:
damnation seems to be missing some features (pipes) but looking good
edit: But the position of those sensors is unfair to imps, change

sensor positions aren't final... I just threw the Imp one there for now, will prolly end up the same place the BE one is.

Sanchez, I just exported the T2 heightmap and used that. Applied a light gaussian blur in photoshop and imported into TV.

is anyone planning on making a con type map? I have noticed that their are no dark maps in T:V and i think playing a CoN type map would be alot of fun and cool looking with the jets colors and things

Nefilim said:
Do I really need them tho? The only time they were really used in T2 was by cloakers, and there is no cloak pack in TV....

Actually I think it would be nice to put some pipes in there as quick back door EXITS... ya know, letting the person ski out of the pipe with some speed, kinda like Detritus.

I'd love to see this idea implemented on new maps. I see it working especially well on maps like Broadside or Scarabre, where, with a floating base, the pipe could put someone out right onto a slope, thus beginning their ski route. Consider...

Last edited:
I won't miss them.. but it might be a nice idea to introduce a different type of 'basement' enterance. Unless you plan on making a roof enterance to compensate?

Nefilim said:
Do I really need them tho? The only time they were really used in T2 was by cloakers, and there is no cloak pack in TV....

i used them alot as an MSO. but i think for the vast majority they were more of a place to hide

pyrot3chnic said:
I won't miss them.. but it might be a nice idea to introduce a different type of 'basement' enterance. Unless you plan on making a roof enterance to compensate?

Right now I've got extra roof entrances, which I was going to have protected by energy barriers.

I'm open to suggestions.. I'll prolly release a beta version soon to get some feedback.

Echelon said:
Actually I think it would be nice to put some pipes in there as quick back door EXITS... ya know, letting the person ski out of the pipe with some speed, kinda like Detritus.

Maybe it wouldnt work so well on Damnation since they would be ejected underwater, but I'd love to see this idea implemented on other maps. I see it working especially well on maps like Broadside or Scarabre, where, with a floating base, the pipe could put someone out right onto a slope, thus beginning their ski route. Consider...

This confuses me. The pipes on Damn WERENT underwater. In my experience they were used by Jug.

Nef, if you include something like this, (backdoor), it doesnt have to be pipes. To be honest, I dont think the base design will support it. In T2, the pipes led to what could become an enemy base (for camping). It doesnt appear that camping gens is a feature in T:V anyway unlike T2.

Leave it out and add it if there are play issues maybe.

And make sure the bases are separated a bit. (Maybe more than in T2).

Back