seeking 3v3 advice:

Golgo13

Veteran XV
i'll take any and all advice. i run with an arms war/priest, i'm the sl lock. we also have a resto druid or pally to fill in the healing spot.

woops wrong acct:

i'll take any and all advice. i run with an arms war/priest, i'm the sl lock. we also have a resto druid or pally to fill in the healing spot.

hmmm

warrior + sl + priest = slow drain

just let the warrior pull people off the priest. priest needs to be good at kiting and prepared to tank. beyond survival needs, they need to be draining mana like a motherfucker.

initially, you may want to try CCing their CC while putting felpup on the caster with /focus macros to spell lock.

we seem to really suck with our resto druid.

Unfortunately a lot of otherwise decent druids are pretty bad in pvp :(

Tell him to spend his free time dueling and grinding honor. I'm also not sure you want to go SL-SL with a warrior-healer, unless the warrior is godly.

Last edited:
I'll tell you this.

The 3v3 team I USED to play as my main one was paladin(me)/lock/warrior

It was pretty good against most. Priest/Mage/Rogue is basically the one that fucked you every time. Any team with a good frost mage was tough.

Now it's shit because paladins suck dick. Priest/mage/rogue have to be retarded to lose (dispel sac, sheep paladin, kill warrior, CS if needed) and pretty much anything with a warlock or mage means few to no heals will go off from the paladin because they suck dick.

I'd suggest using the priest or the druid over the paladin by far.

As far as what we killed... one thing that works is killing druid/priests first while the warlock CCs a DPS, another thing that works is starting out on the "squishy" one while the lock stacks dots on the warrior (usually they don't get cleansed because people think "hey free rage~!" and then once the healer is stuck in any sort of lasting CC, switch over and drop the warrior.

Other than that it's rather obvious what to do... Your warlock will suck dick as CC against any group full of undead or having a dwarf priest.

Get a good mage and you're way better off :)

Coming from my team that ran ~2200 all season. We never really pushed higher because we were busy selling points on 4 different teams every week.

Last edited:
I'll tell you this.

The 3v3 team I USED to play as my main one was paladin(me)/lock/warrior

It was pretty good against most. Priest/Mage/Rogue is basically the one that fucked you every time. Any team with a good frost mage was tough.

Now it's shit because paladins suck dick. Priest/mage/rogue have to be retarded to lose (dispel sac, sheep paladin, kill warrior, CS if needed) and pretty much anything with a warlock or mage means few to no heals will go off from the paladin because they suck dick.

I'd suggest using the priest or the druid over the paladin by far.

As far as what we killed... one thing that works is killing druid/priests first while the warlock CCs a DPS, another thing that works is starting out on the "squishy" one while the lock stacks dots on the warrior (usually they don't get cleansed because people think "hey free rage~!" and then once the healer is stuck in any sort of lasting CC, switch over and drop the warrior.

Other than that it's rather obvious what to do... Your warlock will suck dick as CC against any group full of undead or having a dwarf priest.

Get a good mage and you're way better off :)

Coming from my team that ran ~2200 all season. We never really pushed higher because we were busy selling points on 4 different teams every week.

Yea, im running this team now and it's really getting frustrating. We run into a wall of counters in the 2100-2200 range, and our pally is now suffering from heavy depression as the Reign of the Druid falls across the land. :)

I'm demo but playing with a felhunter a lot, lately (although i feel burning faster through their healing is better when you can). Gets frustrating cuz i'm feeling like we just need to do the fake train and burn something out in the open. The level of play has increased so dramatically in the last couple months among the 1800-2200 crowd (at least on BG5) that a lot of old tricks just dont work anymore.

In the end, what annoys me is being like at 2200, going 8-1 and then losing everything you gain with a single loss. :(

This is the team I've been running the past couple weeks, and we're already 2315 (9th in the BG) -

Resto druid, resto shaman, warrior. 2 healers, 1 dps, and the shaman is amazing utility when it comes to shocking/purging/wf/heroism etc. I play the druid (my alt) and the team is better than my rogue's (my main) which is druid/lock/rogue. This combo annihilates anything we've come across, even with the warrior eating some full duration polys. It's quite hilarious.

i'd run felguard instead of SL/SL or at least ruin/SL

holy priests are typically extremely high on the priority list due to their mana burning ability

you want your warlock to be a threat as well, SL/SL is the least dangerous (most outlast-y, though, if you want to drain mana)

you don't really have outlast power due to running the only healer without a snare cleanse

but really, war/warlock/X all work with any healer as the third, maybe shaman not so great :p

i personally play rogue/mage/priest and am kind of confused on how to beat mage/priest/war, but i think its because our mage is getting raped by warriors and doesn't know how to kite or something

This is the team I've been running the past couple weeks, and we're already 2315 (9th in the BG) -

Resto druid, resto shaman, warrior. 2 healers, 1 dps, and the shaman is amazing utility when it comes to shocking/purging/wf/heroism etc.

We've been seeing more of this type of 2 healer setups, and thankfully they usually arent as good as they could be. :scared:

What do you think of resto druid/feral/rogue? We also have a demo lock on the bench.

So far we've been going 8-2 and our gear is a mess.

I'm biased, but i'd use that demo lock as your main setup (lock-rogue-resto druid). I'm skeptical about feral druids. They think they are rogues and don't bring much to fights unless they really know what they are doing. I bet he NEVER cyclones, etc.

Last edited:
i'd run felguard instead of SL/SL or at least ruin/SL

holy priests are typically extremely high on the priority list due to their mana burning ability

you want your warlock to be a threat as well, SL/SL is the least dangerous (most outlast-y, though, if you want to drain mana)

you don't really have outlast power due to running the only healer without a snare cleanse

but really, war/warlock/X all work with any healer as the third, maybe shaman not so great :p

i personally play rogue/mage/priest and am kind of confused on how to beat mage/priest/war, but i think its because our mage is getting raped by warriors and doesn't know how to kite or something

Yea.

Warrior + SL/SL is mind-numbingly slow dps burn. They really could use some burst, but they run with a priest. So, they can handle some attrition. If the lock and priest are mana draining, then i see this being fine.

Personally, i hate SL/SL and would at least like to shadowburn...

I'm biased, but i'd use that demo lock as your main setup (lock-rogue-resto druid). I'm skeptical about feral druids. They think they are rogues and don't bring much to fights unless they really know what they are doing. I bet he NEVER cyclones, etc.

Unfortunately the guy playing the resto druid also plays the demo lock... but the feral never cycloned/rooted until we beat it into him. Then we started winning. The resto druid was originally also feral but changed two weeks ago and started collecting proper gear. He still has greens and even some cloth...

We've been seeing more of this type of 2 healer setups, and thankfully they usually arent as good as they could be. :scared:

I love it. I tried 2 warriors + myself for a little while, but it was a difficult team to really bring high when you faced a burn team on the warriors where I get cc'd to all hell (druid + lock + shadow priest). The 2 healer counters pretty much everything, and when I get some BT shadow resist on my alt druid/lock/shadow priest will be a joke as well!

I love it. I tried 2 warriors + myself for a little while, but it was a difficult team to really bring high when you faced a burn team on the warriors where I get cc'd to all hell (druid + lock + shadow priest). The 2 healer counters pretty much everything, and when I get some BT shadow resist on my alt druid/lock/shadow priest will be a joke as well!

We finally lost to a 2-healer team last night (we had a god-awful night lol). We raped them 3 times in a row and then on nagrand they just pulled off miracle line of sight against us.

Priest just kited our warrior non-stop. Pally occasionally stunned our warrior. Their warrior kept beating up on me. This was ok when i semi-chased the priest and kept fearing the pally, but my pally required me to stop line of sighting HIM.

So, i had to stop chasing... which meant their pally could stop and los me.

Which meant there was less pressure on the priest kiting around the pillar in nagrand... etc.

The solution was simple, but we only realized it too late: pull back away from the pillar and attack the warrior.

Sadly, i've concluded our new warrior is sub-par and we're kinda stuck in this 2000-2200 cycle. :(

This really became apparently last night and we went against this pro warrior who plays a mage on Tichon (joining capslockcrew). The team was a mirror to us, but they just rolled us with the warrior managing to basically lock down BOTH me and our pally. He was fuckin nuts and it made me realize our warrior just doesnt know wtf he's doing half the time.

Pally/Priest/War is awful

Druid/Priest/War is amazing if the two healers are good.

Basically anything with a pally is awful now

I think pallies are still legitimate in 5's, and to a lesser extent in 2's (Warrior/Paladin, Warlock/Paladin mainly).

Back