Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Brewfest - First Impressions
Page 1 of 2
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 10-03-2007, 15:24
So Bliz throws another holiday in to go with beer-fanatics harvest festival (AKA Octoberfest) and it seems interesting. Took me a couple hours to figure everything out but it seems fun, but maybe that's just the new holiday excitement talking. Hard to remember the last new holiday they threw in that didn't look half-assed.

I don't see anything potentially profitable like in Christmas, but its amusing enough. What's your take if you wandered over to IF/Org to see it on raid/arena/farming breaks?

Sponsored Links
Mr_Greens
Veteran4
Old
2 - 10-03-2007, 17:57
Lags and the goblins non stop talking is really annoying I think 600 tickets for the mount is a bit much though tbh.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 10-03-2007, 18:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Greens View Post
Lags and the goblins non stop talking is really annoying I think 600 tickets for the mount is a bit much though tbh.
Well I have found in a couple of days fo doing those daily quests and Dark Iron Invasions you could get that much. The Mark buff caps at 25, but that doesn't stop you, you can turn in at the vendor and continue to earn more marks and tickets. It's been less than 24 hours and I already have 150 or so.

Biggest problem with that is everyone else is there spamming the crap outta the invasion. I haven't checked the other cities bu Org/IF to see if Dark Irons invade there too. I really don't think so though.

Mr_Greens
Veteran4
Old
4 - 10-03-2007, 18:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Well I have found in a couple of days fo doing those daily quests and Dark Iron Invasions you could get that much. The Mark buff caps at 25, but that doesn't stop you, you can turn in at the vendor and continue to earn more marks and tickets. It's been less than 24 hours and I already have 150 or so.

Biggest problem with that is everyone else is there spamming the crap outta the invasion. I haven't checked the other cities bu Org/IF to see if Dark Irons invade there too. I really don't think so though.
Where do you do that dark iron quest at? They just start invading a town or something?
Also on illidan they were spamming /wave my guildies were *****ing about it and it was lagging something out not sure I already did all the quests and left lol :O

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 10-03-2007, 18:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Greens View Post
Where do you do that dark iron quest at? They just start invading a town or something?
Also on illidan they were spamming /wave my guildies were *****ing about it and it was lagging something out not sure I already did all the quests and left lol :O
They invade the Org/IF spot every hour on the 30-minute mark. You /wave to any Brewmaster holding golden tankards and they throw you a mug. When you drink it you automatically throw it in the direction your facing, and the Brewmaster will throw you another one automatically. Put the mug drinking in your hotbar and when you throw it it will auto-track to a Dark Iron in the direction you face. Every time you hit one you get a buff mark, each mark is one ticket. Once you get 25 turn into the vendor for 25 tickets and keep throwing.

The idea is to Keep them from getting to the large free kegs and breaking them, but at least on Wildhammer Alliance there's so many people waiting for it to start it's hard to score any marks. But they spawn in really fast so you should get something.

The other daily quests are "barking" by running a ram into the city and barking at certain points and getting back within the time limit, and doing beer runs from the festival to the nearest starter town. The Barking nets you 15 tickets a day and the beer run nets 2 tickets per drop off and if you keep it up they add more time to your ram riding timer.

After that there's the BRD quest to get a Dark Iron Tankard off-hand when the DIs leave, zapping Pikn elekks (a la Dumbo) and catching rabbits to earn a blue pet.

I heard the "beer goggles" only last 7 days, but then I still have fire festival stuff from 2005 that's still in my bank.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
6 - 10-03-2007, 18:43
zomg it's not profitable.

The entire thing is fun and hilarious imo. I dont care about replayability.

To fight the dwarves, you have to /wave at a Barker, then drink what he gives you. It will automatically refresh when you toss it. Seems that facing right way and direction may improve chances of a hit, but it is def about timing.

Unfortunately, there are so many people doing it that you might be lucky to get 3-4 hits per hour.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 10-03-2007, 18:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
zomg it's not profitable.

The entire thing is fun and hilarious imo. I dont care about replayability.

To fight the dwarves, you have to /wave at a Barker, then drink what he gives you. It will automatically refresh when you toss it. Seems that facing right way and direction may improve chances of a hit, but it is def about timing.

Unfortunately, there are so many people doing it that you might be lucky to get 3-4 hits per hour.
Which was why I was wondering if it also happened in the other beer gardens outside the other cities or is it central to IF/Org. I know there are free kegs there, can't remember if there were Brewmasters as well.

There's also the Tapping of the Keg, which happens at 6am and 6pm. I'm checking it out since it'll happen in 15 minutes or so on my main Alliance PvP realm.

Just in : Tapping the Keg ceremony happens at 6am and 6pm, and it gives you a 2-hour buff that increases experience earned by 10%. Pretty nice for those of use levelling/grinding another toon.

Last edited by Feannag; 10-03-2007 at 19:05..
FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 10-03-2007, 19:09
How long does that last? And is this 6pm/am server time i take it.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
9 - 10-03-2007, 19:12
Quote:
Which was why I was wondering if it also happened in the other beer gardens outside the other cities or is it central to IF/Org. I know there are free kegs there, can't remember if there were Brewmasters as well.
Not sure. I didnt check. The test is whether there are barkers...

Mr_Greens
Veteran4
Old
10 - 10-03-2007, 19:41
Quote:

There's also the Tapping of the Keg, which happens at 6am and 6pm. I'm checking it out since it'll happen in 15 minutes or so on my main Alliance PvP realm.

Just in : Tapping the Keg ceremony happens at 6am and 6pm, and it gives you a 2-hour buff that increases experience earned by 10%. Pretty nice for those of use levelling/grinding another toon.
Thanks

BTW I just found out the horde on illidan got their 6th warglaive of azzinoth legendary

garettx of Team Ice
Furi from Blood legion X2
Lars from Blood Legion X2
Another guy from Blood Legion X1 I duno his name offtopic but good news

BTW I waited for the attack and I got 1 ticket kinda waste of time as there is 200 peopl sitting there trying to get one.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
11 - 10-03-2007, 20:17
How long is brewfest?

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 10-03-2007, 20:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
How long is brewfest?
To the 16h. To those who want to grind I'd get up for the Tapping ceremony, get the buff then logout. Come back when you have 2 hours and hearth to your questing zone. I'm pretty sure it's like other buffs in that it only counts when logged in. I hope so anyway.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
13 - 10-03-2007, 22:03
I got the buff the second I tapped my first keg with my rare stein. Is it supposed to be timed?

mthd
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 10-03-2007, 22:04
goggles apparently say 7 day duration but a blue said it was re evaluated to be permanent (it might still say 7 days tho).

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 10-03-2007, 22:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I got the buff the second I tapped my first keg with my rare stein. Is it supposed to be timed?
Dunno, I never noticed when I first tapped. But at 6pm and 6am server time the keg on the stage gets tapped and everyone present gets +10% experience for 2 hours. I'm still doing the whole thing though, the prizes while not profitable are fun. Also there's no Dark Iron Invasion in the other beer gardens. There are free kegs if you have a stein but no brewmasters, so no Dark Irons there.

Also I'm waiting for angry parents to complain to Blizzard about Brewfest "corrupting" their innocent children.

Eve
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 10-04-2007, 00:40
Brewfest is A+++. Debating whether or not I want a ram.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 10-04-2007, 00:45
i personally dont give a **** about an ingame brewfest.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 10-04-2007, 00:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi. View Post
Brewfest is A+++. Debating whether or not I want a ram.
I'd think it would be worth it. Less than 24 hours I got 150 tickets, and there's another 13 days left of it. If you have a day off or something and just doing chores/kicking around the house it seems easy enough jump in once an hour for 4 - 5 minutes and get 20 - 25 tickets, not counting the 40 you get daily for those two quests (or more if you feel like "ram grinding"). And after 70 90g isn't that much of a wallet-breaker. I'm sure some progression raiders spend that much in a night on consumables and repairs.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 10-04-2007, 01:36
So umm, the dark iron dwarves aren't showing up... it's at 30 mins each hour right?

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 10-04-2007, 02:12
They took them out due to all the /wave spamming and such. The keg run quest now gives 3 per keg and the bark quests give 40 instead of 15.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Brewfest - First Impressions

Social Website Bullshit