Anyone else here glide?

I've been considering this for a while, but I'm extremely scared of getting banned :(

thats why you NEVER ban on you main account. you bot at night as you sleep or during the day as you are at work. the thousands of gold a level 70 brings you every month makes up for the 15.00 spent if you ask me.

I just had a blinkstrike drop for me last night.. woooo hooooo!!

thats why you NEVER ban on you main account. you bot at night as you sleep or during the day as you are at work. the thousands of gold a level 70 brings you every month makes up for the 15.00 spent if you ask me.

I just had a blinkstrike drop for me last night.. woooo hooooo!!

Well I never botted and if I were to glide, I'd probably go buy a new account and attempt to glide to level 60 or so before I hand-leveled it. 1-58/60 is just so gruesome for me now.

was thinking about doing this on my laptop while i played on my main.. that way i wasnt ever really 'afk' dunno though, if it could be linked to my main account anyway, woudl not be worth it

im enjoying leveling classes ive never even touched. better understanding of the game.

right now - my 18 priest, my 20 hunter.. lvling them in tandem, say hunter gets a lvl, i logoff and lvl my priest. that puts me in a position of having a 70 rogue, a 70 hunter, and a 70 priest. not bad.

after that I figure I can fool with shammys, warlocks..

There was a big ban wave a while ago (8ish months?) that banned a huge percentage of the gliders. It was a month or so before BC came out. Blizzard filed suit against the maker of Glider, etc.

Since about a week after that ban wave, my buddy has been gliding every night and hasn't gotten banned. I can only guess how much gold he has made.

There was a big ban wave a while ago (8ish months?) that banned a huge percentage of the gliders. It was a month or so before BC came out. Blizzard filed suit against the maker of Glider, etc.

Since about a week after that ban wave, my buddy has been gliding every night and hasn't gotten banned. I can only guess how much gold he has made.

Yeah that falls under the typical theory of blue's handling of bots. Most people suspect they simply take numbers and reports until they have a sizeable number of accounts that are botted and just drop the banhammer on all of them. It takes less time and effort to ban each botter individually and in the process makes them look like some sort of great company who really cares about its player base by banning so many botters.

Hopefully you are using a fresh account and not your main one there Ver. I still have Glider and a fresh account I was going to start up, I haven't had the time yet. And a Q.

1. Isn't transferring gold/items from the bot account to the main account risky? Is it possible Blizz will pick up on it and ban your main account as well?

Hopefully you are using a fresh account and not your main one there Ver. I still have Glider and a fresh account I was going to start up, I haven't had the time yet. And a Q.

1. Isn't transferring gold/items from the bot account to the main account risky? Is it possible Blizz will pick up on it and ban your main account as well?

Perhaps.

I doubt it. I dont think they'd ban an account just simply for getting some gold from another char. I think they'd only flag that for consequence if they saw a systemic pattern (i.e. multiple cases of gold transfers).

Perhaps.

I doubt it. I dont think they'd ban an account just simply for getting some gold from another char. I think they'd only flag that for consequence if they saw a systemic pattern (i.e. multiple cases of gold transfers).

You can get banned for giving gold to an account they think is selling gold or exploiting currency.

I paid for a PL service that has been good to many of my friends. I was banned for 72hours for engaging in mail with an account banned for currency exploits. They were obviously sending my excess gold to their selling accounts.

So its a risk anyway you cut it.

Back