[T1] Exporting

polemic

Veteran X
I was wondering if it is possible to export to a parent folder. specifically, i would like to share one file between multiple servers. is there any way to do this?

Not possible from within Tribes. I run an external program that does this myself. Though a quick method if all you need to do is copy a file is to just have a batch run on a loop/schedule.

i dont know. can you easily compare two files in dos? i really dont have much experience with writing dos batch files, so any help would save me some time.

comparing files under dos

There was a program - fc.com - i think - that was based on the old PDP-10 "filcom"
program. It is similar to the Unix "diff". You can use it in dos batch files to compare
text files - it will return a status code. You may have to hunt around for it on some older
ms-dos distributions though. Good luck.

windows has "FC" aka file comparison (old dos utility) built into its dos emulator
FC /? for a command list while in cmd

what's stopping you from using 1 folder w/ multiple "mod" folders for each server you're running
you can specify which directory tribes uses by adding +mod MODNAME to the shortcut target

and if you're referring to "exporting" files, you can export to any folder within tribes' root directory, /temp by default iirc

Back