Reload this Page [FIOS] Had my FIOS install today
Page 3 of 5
SL83
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 12-08-2010, 21:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]{ane View Post
Saw your post over at DSLReports, just wanted to apologize for the ****ty job done by that tech. I install Fios here in Pennsylvania, and that is unacceptable. Unfortunately there are always people that don't give a **** about what kind of job they do simply because they have the union to back them up. I'm not sure if your installer was a contractor or not(here in PA contractors are not allowed to touch the fiber at all) but there is no reason for him to treat you poorly. It's assholes like him that give all techs a bad name. I for one take pride in my job and always try to do the best that I can and it pisses me off when some douche does a ****ty job because they don't care. Don't let that experience sour you on Fios. The service is amazing, and the internet speeds can't be matched. (Sorry for the rant, but it bugs me when I see such crappy work)
Yeah - I'm sure there are plenty of installers that are awesome and will jump through hoops to make the install great. Unfortunately, this guy wasn't one of them. He had a constant stream of: "****, ****, **** me, mother****, ****ing ****....etc" the whole time.

He was a middle aged chinese dude - and right off the bat - chinese people can come across as rude if you don't understand their culture.....well - this guy was just rude.

Too bad you didn't do my install. We could've spent the rest of the window chilling having shots and playing Tribes.

Sponsored Links
SL83
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 12-08-2010, 21:31
Few more pics of the hub and ducts where all the fiber comes from and goes into.

Looks like the guy took a screw driver and hammered the metal cutout in - he didn't even remove it fully.

Oh - and I am the only one in this building to have FIOS.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 12-08-2010, 21:47
There's a scene in an early episode of the Sopranos where Tony's sitting in a church talking to his daughter, trying to instill in her the value of hard work. Pointing out the church around them with all its stained glass and brick and artistry, he goes "Our forefathers built this... with their hands... they came over here from the old country and didn't have nothin, but they made something that will last hundreds of years... Nowadays you'll be lucky to find three guys who can just caulk your ****ing bathtub."

****in A

Rooster!
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 12-08-2010, 22:25
my fios install went flawless, but they sent a real VZ unionized worker who actually gave a **** and refused my tip 10 times and basically ran away after I asked him to do a bunch of little **** to make the install convienient for me (like using an extra 40+ feet of cat5 and coax for me to make a run the long way through my basement instead of line of sighting it like they usually do.

He was awesome and just that experience alone will make me put up with a lot of **** if i ever have problems (which I haven't in 2+ years)

Thumper
VeteranX
Old
45 - 12-08-2010, 22:29
When I worked at Adelphia, contractors kept us service techs busy busy busy.

A contractor would get paid on install and what was installed so the more they did each day, the more they earned. I spend most of my time un-****ing what they had done. Installs like the one shown (but cable) and fixing all the stuff the didn't do correctly.

Most of us techs complained so much that they finally created a code for our work order that would strip the contractor of his earnings if we went out there and determined the install was ****. We had to take pictures to back it up but there were several times I would code a work order as "Craptacular install" and the turd would not earn his money.

That install is **** but you have fIOS so who cares...

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 12-08-2010, 22:45
have 35/25 fios,

my techs sucked because they didn't come for like 3 days... i almost murdered people

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 12-10-2010, 20:18
I just had FIOS installed at my mom's house and had a completely DIFFERENT experience.

I might have a man crush on the FIOS installer that worked on my mom's order.

Seriously - the dude was ****ing awesome.

Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 12-10-2010, 20:28
SL83, does the basement get wet? You might want to move the verizon modem/box to higher ground.

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 12-10-2010, 21:38
wish i could get FIOS. the only town near me that has it is Greenwich, they haven't rolled it out to the rest of ffld county yet. I just switched from Cablevision to Uverse.

Rovero
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 12-10-2010, 22:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
SL83, does the basement get wet? You might want to move the verizon modem/box to higher ground.
My thoughts too. Nice job on the cable management on his part.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 12-10-2010, 22:23
They have fios in the ****ing ghetto and white trash ville in my county.

Yet they don't have it where us uppity white folk live. It's BS I tell you. I would even pay for cable TV again if they were in my area if it would get them to install it.

For now I'm stuck with Roadrunner which isn't horrible but it isn't great ;[

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 12-10-2010, 22:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
It used to have some water leak up in a different section.

My mom had the basement waterproofed and a sump pump installed. So not anymore.

Oddiz
Veteran++
Old
53 - 12-10-2010, 22:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
Hopefully your installer isn't as bad as mine was.

What a mess this guy made and left. Very unprofessional and very rude.
When my parents got FiOs they sent an old timer out. Guy tried to squeeze us in at the end of the day and ended up being there till almost 10pm. He did a very professional job though. We were a little worried about him hobbling around on the roof but he did fine.

Isn't that the battery back up? what if there's a flood?

Technetium
tuffy
Old
54 - 12-10-2010, 22:58
Quote:
Too bad you didn't do my install. We could've spent the rest of the window chilling having shots and playing Tribes.
i've had fios installed at 4 places and all of the techs were awesome.

smoked one out with some **** I had delivered while he was there...that was good times.

sux you got a chinese dude :P

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 12-10-2010, 23:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
When my parents got FiOs they sent an old timer out. Guy tried to squeeze us in at the end of the day and ended up being there till almost 10pm. He did a very professional job though. We were a little worried about him hobbling around on the roof but he did fine.

Isn't that the battery back up? what if there's a flood?
The basement doesn't flood. Never did. There were a few times during heavy rain that some parts towards the back would have a little water - but that's been alleviated by the concrete being cut out and gravel and plastic tubing being put into the floor.

The sump pump has never ever kicked on actually.

So I'm pretty certain it's fine :crossesfingers:

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
56 - 12-10-2010, 23:11
My new place already had all the fiber ran. When we moved in all they had to do is come out, turn it on and install the card for our Tivo. Damn thing has been great since the first day. I have the basic package so its capped at 20\5 right now but I can upgrade it if I wanted to which tbh isn't needed. I had cable before this and its night and day different speed wise.

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 12-10-2010, 23:34
Quote:
The basement doesn't flood. Never did. There were a few times during heavy rain that some parts towards the back would have a little water - but that's been alleviated by the concrete being cut out and gravel and plastic tubing being put into the floor.

The sump pump has never ever kicked on actually.

So I'm pretty certain it's fine :crossesfingers:
It would take you 10 minutes to put a small shelf up on the wall.

Get to it slacker.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 12-11-2010, 01:16

Also POW:

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 12-11-2010, 01:19
do you live in some 3rd world ****hole

your house looks like an asbestos farm and your mom's house looks like a roach factory

wood paneling

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 12-11-2010, 01:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
do you live in some 3rd world ****hole

your house looks like an asbestos farm and your mom's house looks like a roach factory

wood paneling
I guess you missed the big thread with the pictures of my mom's home. Nice.

Naptown, sleeping on the job again.

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [FIOS] Had my FIOS install today

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
fios , sl83 , yar matey i banged katie