Page 2 of 5
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 12-08-2010, 19:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
Pictures of how terrible a job the installer did for other people considering getting FIOS- it could be as bad as this or much better. Informational stuff for people that are interested.

Pull your head out of your ass you dumb****.
All I'm saying is... if I posted a pic of every lameassed job I've made people/companies re-do, I'd have to buy out Flickr or something myself just to host them all

Sponsored Links
SL83
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 12-08-2010, 19:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake{TS} View Post
what city and what's your cost?
Long Island, NY

This is the pricing:

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 12-08-2010, 19:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
All I'm saying is... if I posted a pic of every lameassed job I've made people/companies re-do, I'd have to buy out Flickr or something myself just to host them all
It's terrible that this is so true. :\

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 12-08-2010, 19:52
nice. ****'s cheap compared to cox internet/phone/hbo/showtime

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 12-08-2010, 19:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
Long Island, NY

This is the pricing:
Why hello 516-536-0937

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 12-08-2010, 19:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
nice. ****'s cheap compared to cox internet/phone/hbo/showtime
It was also cheaper than my Cablevision connection at 30/5 with the minimum TV package and telephone.

So it really was a no-brainer.

ChewSpitt
Banned
Old
27 - 12-08-2010, 20:00

Last edited by ChewSpitt; 09-16-2011 at 01:08..
Fonzie
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 12-08-2010, 20:06
God damn. That's what I pay for ****ty TimeWarner in Newport Beach.

ChewSpitt
Banned
Old
29 - 12-08-2010, 20:08
edit: nevermind I can't read

I pay the same for ****ty comcast so, in my eyes its a good deal

]{ane
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 12-08-2010, 20:18
Saw your post over at DSLReports, just wanted to apologize for the ****ty job done by that tech. I install Fios here in Pennsylvania, and that is unacceptable. Unfortunately there are always people that don't give a **** about what kind of job they do simply because they have the union to back them up. I'm not sure if your installer was a contractor or not(here in PA contractors are not allowed to touch the fiber at all) but there is no reason for him to treat you poorly. It's assholes like him that give all techs a bad name. I for one take pride in my job and always try to do the best that I can and it pisses me off when some douche does a ****ty job because they don't care. Don't let that experience sour you on Fios. The service is amazing, and the internet speeds can't be matched. (Sorry for the rant, but it bugs me when I see such crappy work)

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 12-08-2010, 20:21
lol sl83 just posted his home phonenumber on the tw..

Mantua
Veteran++
Old
32 - 12-08-2010, 20:21
i would have fios, but it turns out my dad had like a $3k verizon bill in my name
i cant wait until i have a son, name him III and rack up debt in his name

i gave tw my phone number when i couldnt find my cell. alpine called me and helped me find it
nothing bad happened

mmelmo:(
VeteranX
Old
33 - 12-08-2010, 20:40
well we did call that one guy whose number is nearly yours but he hadn't lost his phone so he was mad when he got 3 calls about it

so something bad happened to him

EvilMonkey
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 12-08-2010, 20:52
yea when i had fios installed at my place the tech drilled blindly from outside into my basement and drilled right through electrical wires, shorted **** out and fried a hard drive in my computer, luckily they reimbursed me

Aly
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 12-08-2010, 20:53
Can someone point out in the pics each bad thing? I mean I can see the lose wiring but are there some more fundamental issues?

I cannot get FIOS here but I was actually thinking about what they'd do to bring in the new wires. I got 1Gbit Ethernet already to each room, that could be reused? Or does it have to be the fiber to each room, i.e to each TV box?

EvilMonkey
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 12-08-2010, 20:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Can someone point out in the pics each bad thing? I mean I can see the lose wiring but are there some more fundamental issues?

I cannot get FIOS here but I was actually thinking about what they'd do to bring in the new wires. I got 1Gbit Ethernet already to each room, that could be reused? Or does it have to be the fiber to each room, i.e to each TV box?
you can use your existing ethernet if you want they just need a coax wire to each box, if your coax is somewhat new they can reuse it

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 12-08-2010, 20:58
Thrustmaster! What a blast from the past. I only had the joystick though, not the awesome looking throttle thingy.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 12-08-2010, 21:00
This is why you do all of the wiring yourself and then let them do the home run to a wiring closet somewhere in your house.

I was going to come in and say what a ****ing terrible job it was but then you said you posted it because it was terrible. Glad I read the whole post :P

NiceBoy
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 12-08-2010, 21:08
weird, my verizon FIOS tech was mad cool

he saw that my apartment room wasnt setup for FIOS, so his boss told him to not take the extra 2-3 hours to hook up the lines through the building.

the tech said f' that and did it neways. thank god i got a good tech, b/c i dont think id be able to live with cable ****ernet nemore.

Bounty
Love
Old
40 - 12-08-2010, 21:10
I have FiOS in Virginia and was very happy with the install. The tech really went out of his way to accommodate us, even digging/burying a new line to the other side of the house just so we could get the box inside our crawlspace rather than having it mounted outside the house.

And, as mentioned, the speeds are excellent. I've been really happy with the service; as have many torrent leechers.

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [FIOS] Had my FIOS install today

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
fios , sl83 , yar matey i banged katie