Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Enlightened One said:
I actually remember that little controversy. As far as I knew, that whole flag ramming thing was completely unintentional.

give the jer a break

you got ran out on the other cluster map we played (sh i think)

we had no HoF

flew a scout right at the flag when the match started

and refused to reset

some real queer shit and i still don't understand how it didn't get overturned or replayed

i think that was when =ACE= left OGL

oops i mean why are you showing up in a tribes thread regarding the OGL

who were you impersonating when people still played there? lmao

NuTz was not a top 10 team (close tho) when I played for them. I left before the cheating started so I dunno how much was skill and how much was 'help'. There were some very very good players on NuTz but teams like 5150/S3/IE had better ppl at every position.

Enlightened One said:
[IE] was obviously a great team, but I actually think the golden age of Tribes was slightly after they moved on (back when 5150 and =S3= were the teams to beat). That's when I remember the competition being the fiercest.

[IE] still deserves to be ranked among the very best teams, but I think they would've dropped some games to 5150 and =S3= if they had hung around.

I think Natural would turn in his grave if he read this.

-cyanide- said:
give the jer a break

you got ran out on the other cluster map we played (sh i think)

we had no HoF

flew a scout right at the flag when the match started

and refused to reset

some real queer shit and i still don't understand how it didn't get overturned or replayed

i think that was when =ACE= left OGL

Like I said, I doubt it was intentional. Wasn't scout ramming the only way to instantly kill a heavy? My guess is that we used the strategy to clear out the flag for a cap run.

Arjay said:
NuTz was not a top 10 team (close tho) when I played for them. I left before the cheating started so I dunno how much was skill and how much was 'help'.

yeah i remember |T| & |NuTz| used to be great pals when shinryuu & gimmecookie & honxxx played, scrimmed a couple times a week for a little bit if i remember right

then pepsi & coke aka kirk & skillz came in and fagged it up w/ the hacking

Enlightened One said:
Like I said, I doubt it was intentional. Wasn't scout ramming the only way to instantly kill a heavy? My guess is that we used the strategy to clear out the flag for a cap run.

"we had no HoF"

Arjay said:
NuTz was not a top 10 team (close tho) when I played for them. I left before the cheating started so I dunno how much was skill and how much was 'help'. There were some very very good players on NuTz but teams like 5150/S3/IE had better ppl at every position.

I think there was a time when we were almost as tough as any team pound-for-pound. I pretty vividly recall a three map OGL match against =S3= in which we gave them all they could handle, but narrowly came up short. That was probably when NuTz was at its peak. We had guys like XXX@Honduras and Warwitch. I don't think they were using cheats, but they left shortly thereafter and the sKILLz era began (although I think WarWitch had a hand in the whole cheating thing).

-cyanide- said:
yeah i remember |T| & |NuTz| used to be great pals when shinryuu & gimmecookie & honxxx played, scrimmed a couple times a week for a little bit if i remember right

then pepsi & coke aka kirk & skillz came in and fagged it up w/ the hacking

don't kid yourself.. xxx@honduras knew about the happyflag bullshit. He told me he was 'evening the playing field' since S3 used all kinds of hacks.

okay i just remembered

i was in a tribe with happy & e1 called "eVolution"

i don't believe happy had all those hacks and shit back then

and he didn't join up with NuTz/make happymod til after skillz & kirk joined

so i don't believe honxxx hacked from the start

Last edited:
Back